Can someone red pill me on the history of this place? It seems so weird...

Can someone red pill me on the history of this place? It seems so weird. I accidentally called one of them British and they sperged out on me claiming that they have absolutely nothing to do with Brits.

>Can someone red pill me
No.

Kill yourself.

>buncha Celts get BTFO and enslaved by a buncha no good Vikings
>stay that way for a thousand years with little interference

Theyre british, if they say otherwise they are larping, like if a scot said the same thing

>Theyre british, if they say otherwise they are larping
They're not part of the United Kingdom, surely it would be larping if they did claim to be British

The British Isles consist of the island of Great Britain and Ireland. The United Kingdom is a country that contains Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

If you live on any of the British Isles you are technically British like if you live in the Americas, you are technically American.

Best flag tbhfamalam, surprised they haven't been forced to change cause of muh swastika cousin. (Triskelion is a form of "swastika".)

That's just semantic dumbshittery. In common parlance when someone says "British", they mean someone from the United Kingdom, and when someone says "American", they mean someone from the United States.

That's what I said.

Not him, but they are a crown dependency within the British Isles.

Rude

Almost all of the people on the isle of man are or are descended from people who moved from the north west of England. They have a weird Lancashire accent and any trace of the cleric Manx language is long gone.

It is though, and the difference isnt big enough to throw a bitchfit about

My Granddads best mate was in the Royal Navy (He himself was a RM) and went all around the world during the early 20th century and he said there were only two places he ever considered of retiring to: New Zealand or the Isle of Man.
Apparently its comfy as fuck (or was) and is like little Englands little England.

Celtic-viking-anglo rape babies, they like motorbikes

He is right though, i hate the fucking term so much, its how you spot fucking reddit immediately, i feel like the only thing worse is "/pol/ approved" fucking think for yourself you troglodyte, look it up. if you want to be an adult, or encourage actual conversation, present it as an argument or a statement.

Sicily?

>We're from the Isle of Man

They are neither part of the crown of Scotland or England but of the Isles.

The isle of man are literally our bitches they are just a shitty island where there is a motor bike race every so often

>If you live on any of the British Isles you are technically British
Incorrect.

British
[brit-ish]

Examples
Word Origin

adjective
of or relating to Great Britain or its inhabitants.
used especially by natives or inhabitants of Great Britain: In this dictionary, “Brit.” is an abbreviation for “British usage.”.
noun
the people native to or inhabiting Great Britain.
British English.
the Celtic language of the ancient Britons.

>HURR Northen Irish aren't British!
>DURR Falkland Islanders aren't British!
>HURRDURR Gilbraltans aren't British!

>HURR Northen Irish aren't British!
Half of NI's population would say they aren't.

Okay, what about the other half? According to your dictionary, they're not British either.

>island of man
>man
Misogyny

Until the 1980s they weren't even citizens. Falkland Islanders needed a visa to visit the UK.