What is the point in crypto?

Hey Veeky Forums this is my first time on this board and as I can see it mainly revolves around crypto currency trading.

To that I ask, what is the existential value in crypto currencies at all? They have no governmental backing, (inb4 ''just wait man'', why would governments and central banks relinquish monetary control completely?)

Secondly, aside from deep web markets, SilkRoad, Armory etc only a few legit above ground businesses utilize cryptos as their tender, even then they're run by edgelord hipsters who cherish novelty above realism.

>>wheretospendbitcoins.co.uk/region/online (fucking vapers and VPN hosts)

Even then, its ONLY bitcoin that seems to get used. So when I see traders saying 'DogeCoin' 'Titcoin' or 'PotCoin' is a solid investment right now, I facepalm.

Now I understand that the market cap of cryptos has rocketed over the years, there's no denying that and people have made fortunes.

But bubbles will burst, and I cant see cryptos ever having a place in wider society, its just an anarcho's wet dream.

Prove me wrong Veeky Forums.

>But bubbles will burst

Look into fiat

Japan supports bitcoin or they wouldn't recognize it as a currency and all their banks are with xrp so stfu no coiner your gonna be my peaseant and if your fucking lucky my personal dog shit cleaner

You're right, you and your weak hands would only be wasting money in cryptos. You should buy if you want to lose your worthless fiat to us.

You need to understand the technology better and then you will realise that crypto will be getting used daily and people won't even know they're using it. It isn't just a payment system. It'll be like how normies use the internet without understanding the technology behind it.

Because all things being equal (in terms of functionality), decentralization > centralization. Centralized systems cannot compete and cannot win.
/thread

>muhfiat

Fiat is still legal tender though, backed by every member and organisation within that society. Where do cryptos fit into that?

I understand the technology that gives it that initial value, but even then thats started to show cracks such as the Bitcoin Ledger and the debate against increasing centralisation to address the issue.

Members come after the table is set.
This is the beguinning user, if only 5% of the world wealth turns to bitcoin, we are talking 10.000.000$ BTC

Ok, fair enough, but have the accepted any of the other crypto currencies with stupidly inflated market caps?

This, everybody knows the only country that matters is Japan.

Reddit spacing..please go back you smarmy , nocoiner cunt. go buy stocks with all their intrinsic value and sustainable growth

Bottom line, if you want to help break down the power centers that are deeply rooted around the world you have to start by poking holes in their system.
The 3 biggest power centers are currency/finance, military, and culture/media/religion. We have to start some where and blockchain is providing a fantastic opportunity.
Right now is a struggle between us and them on who controls the majority of the currency hence the wild volatility. They keep trying to shake us loose like tug of war.
You ask why we leave their currency? I'll quote Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting "Cause Fuck 'Em"

Ok its been years now and dinner is going cold. Can I ask what will turn societies toward cryptos, in your opinion.

The hope that one day my investment pays off x100 and I just use my crypto card to pay for stuff because that's what we do in the future.

The way I see it, once more crypto currencies adopt systems like ARKs SmartBridge and ACES, the easier it will be to use alt coins as payment since you can automatically exchange them for other currencies during payment. The burden of adoption will be on currency devs to make it work, not necessarily on merchants to adopt new currencies as payment options.

because i am not going to live a life of wagecuckery get old and die like a worker ant

To you that may be the case, but to the wider public they may not give a fuck, e.g Fed being private institution. Where's the revolution giving control of monetary matters to elected govts? All a government has to do is outlaw the currency because 'it supports drugs/terrorism' etc Which can be proven via the deep web.

Just buy a cryptocard like TenX and start spending your cryptos in stores. It's that easy.

Decentralized systems are anti-fragile whereas centralized systems are very fragile. Their inevitable failure will drive crypto forward (assuming crypto doesn't just take over everything on its own merits, which is also possible).

You don't seem to be able to grasp basic, fundamental concepts, which is why after all these years you're still struggling. Crypto's total victory is already fait accompli. The only question that remains is how long it will take before it wins.

Coercive measures to stop cryptocurrency can only work for so long and are doomed to fail. Holy shit you are stupid.

>inevitablefailure

I dont disagree that cryptos do have value as a monetary system, but you fail to grasp that existing power structures don't go willingly. Look at the financial crashes from 1920s onwards, has anything replaced the USD or the GBP, EUR? Even still, gold and precious metal seems to be the asset to invest in during times of uncertainty because of its historic tangible value not decentralized cryptos

They like blockchain, they just can't have the masses jump aboard until they're in control. This jump is happening with or without them.
Either fiat crashes and people flee to crypto and/or PM's (which if you don't own physical gold/silver in your asset portfolio you're a fucking moron) or they transition the public to cryptos under their direction. Stop being obtuse.

Im not saying that outlawing will stop cryptos, but it will severely hinder its potential outreach as I said DeepWeb etc has been fine using them, but as for the wider society, there's not a lot you or any other 'Coiners' can do if the powers that be want to remain as such.

Don't take /biz seriously. Crypto kiddies and their moon trips are retarded. That's not how you accumulate money in crypto. It's there to be had.
I don't even know why I'm wasting time explaining this to some skeptical user but I am.

There's no limit to your lack of understanding. I assume you aren't aware that until about the year 2000, cryptography was basically illegal in the United States. I hope it isn't lost on you how absurd such a law would be today.

Cryptocurrency is similar. I doubt the United States would try to ban it. Unlike you, I don't think they're dumb enough to believe that it's a feasible idea.

>still doesn't understand that centralized systems cannot compete

Crypto is cheaper, faster, safer, and just plain better. Would you buy a widget for $10 if you could buy it for $2 instead? Would you store your information somewhere it can be hacked/stolen/sold, if you could instead store it somewhere it cannot be hacked/stolen/sold?

Of course not. Nobody would. And that's why crypto will win, regardless what .gov or anybody else wants.

>Crypto is cheaper
Transaction fees are through the roof.

>faster
Blockchain tech is slow and not scalable.

>safer
It's not as safe as fiat. Crypto could easily be stolen and there's no way to get it back.

>plain better.
Not good at all. Can't buy anything with it except fiat and other crypto, useless for commerce, and a total scam.

>off-the-charts retardation
>cheap/fast
Plenty of cryptos are cheap/fast. In the case of Bitcoin, these problems will be solved in time. How are you so dumb that you actually believe that Bitcoin's scaling issues are permanent?

>easily stolen
Only if you're completely retarded and have no idea what you're doing. Otherwise, it's completely bulletproof. That doesn't mean that this isn't an issue, but in time, this too will become more retard/normie friendly.

Get off my board brainlet.

>Plenty of cryptos are cheap/fast.
Because they have low volume.

>In the case of Bitcoin, these problems will be solved in time.
They're not actually going to be solved. They're just going add an intermediary layer for escrowing. There would be no improvement to the inherent speed of the blockchain.

>How are you so dumb that you actually believe that Bitcoin's scaling issues are permanent?
You don't even understand how blockchains work at a basic level, retard.

>existential value in crypto currencies at all
Stopped reading.

Cryptocurrency wasn't invented to replace government-backed currency. It was invented to be a reliable medium for monetary transfers.