What have they EVER done?

Made sure everything has an incredibly hard name to pronounce.

Fucked sheep HAHAHAH

produced the tudor dynasty, partly

The same as other Brits, didn't they?
I'd expect they also ruled over the English at some point, like many other Europeans.

AYO HOL UP

Were the Tudors not an English family ruling over parts of Wales?

Hey Walesbros, is he ever coming back?

>English family

> Stuarts were Breton

Henry VII, the first Tudor king, was the grandson of Owen Tudor, a welshman, and Catherine de Valois, daughter of Charles VI of France and consort of Henry V Lancaster of England
Tudors descended patrilineally from welsh nobility

Edward the Confessor was half-Norman, and Harold was half-Danish.

I'd argue that welsh isn't "incredibly" hard to pronounce, at least compared to some other languages. I think Irish is harder, and that's just the british isles.

pronounced two Ll's together as cla for some reason.

Also there was this welsh guy called finn in my school who raped his younger sister.

So there is always that.

They invented King Arthur, Merlin and his knights, which was later made into the Matters of England by authors in England, France and even Germany. Not bad for such a small and savage country.

Being more celtic than the Scots or Irish.

>moch ffug

Preserved a shit load of Christian texts. Same with the Irish.

I tought that king arthur lived in brittany ?

> culture doesn't change

This is such a laughably inaccurate meme list shared by /int/ posters

Half the people on that list as "French" spoke English. Henry III was an angloboo if not English himself culturally. He larped as king Arthur ffs.

Most nobles were pretty intermingled anyway

Be the true heir of Rome.

Source: Vinland Saga

Preserve Briton genomes

King Arthur was a briton, not a breton. Breton migration into brittany started later

Remind me why the english hate the welsh and never go there?

Nah. Though it is likely that he probably had links to Britanny. Lots of post-Roman kingdoms in the area were linked, or even had land on both sides of the Channel. One Briton warlord called Riothamus allegedly crossed from Britain to help the Romans fight the Burgundians, and he supposedly had a lot of help from Armorican (i.e. Breton) soldiers.

>american education

colonize the Argentine Patagonia

Legend of King Arthur

It depends a lot on what your native language is and which secondary languages you already know, though I agree that Irish would likely be way harder for a native English speaker to pronounce correctly than Welsh, what with its broad and slender consonants and all.

They have god-tier mythology

>pronounced two Ll's together as cla
First of, no one knows what you mean when you say cla. The most likely options would either be /sla/, /kla/, or /tsla/, all of which are hilariously wrong.

t. Not a native Welsh speaker.

Care to share some of your favourite stories?

The Dream of Rhonabwy is interesting, it's a satire of other Welsh stories.
I'd suggest reading the Mabinogion. Some of them are pretty weird; like a giant king of England who can't fit in in any buildings, brothers being turned into animals and then forced to fuck eachother, stuff like that.

What's the best translation? I saw the Faber & Faber edition the other day, is that worthwhile?

Not him, but it's pronounced like cla in clan

THEY WUZ KANGS IN ENGLAND

(Tudors).

discovered america

>mfw a Saesneg tries to tell us wales couldnt survive without england
>mfw england has tried to kill wales for 1000 years but couldnt into mountain warfare
>mfw glyndwrs rebellion won most battles despite having vastly outnumbered troops with inferior equipment
>mfw tan y llyn
>mfw dwi'n siarad cymraeg gyda fy ffrindiau pan mae pobl Lloegr yno

>speaking English make you English

Say hi to Ahmad al Rapi Al Paki Abu Muhammad al English

No it isn’t. Nothing else is pronounced like ll. definitely nothing in English anyway
T. Welshman

>Land of my fathers
>they can keep it

The closest English would be "hl", an aspirated h blending into an l sound.

Just look up the Guest version of Y Mabinogion on Gutenburg.

The English like the Welsh and they go to Wales on holiday. The Welsh (for the most part) like the English, they just don't express it because MUH BANTS.

Breton is just teh French word for (romano-celtic) Briton.

Welsh pronunciation is very regular, Welsh words sound exactly how they're written... it's just that they don't use the same phonetic values English words use. For example Y is always "short-i" in Welsh, but many English people want to pronounce is "yuh" when it appears at the start of a word.

Produced coal which helped to feed the Industrial Revolution

What's the historical reason for Welsh girls being so filthy, near every Welsh girl I've met is into anal. My gf's Welsh flat mate even got one of those bullet vibrators stuck up her arse.

All Northwest Europeans are very closely related, genetically.

Fi godwn ni eto, brawd

Ry’n ni yma o hyd, ffrind

Produced poetry and some nice music

Do you guys actually understand each other or is it just a few quotes?

Genius. Night of Long Knives is historykino.

I can’t speak for Free Wales Army user cus they are quotes, but I can understand it, there’s a fair amount of Welsh people who are fluent around the whole country