Alcohol

Is alcohol the worst thing ever made by mankind? Why are people who drink it so evil and degenerate? How do we get rid of it?

If it's so degenerate, then how come it helped me find love?

You can choose not to drink alcohol, do not force decisions upon others.

Alcohol is a gift from God. It helps people cope with their sad, bitter existence.

But /pol/ is doing it so why can't we band together regardless of political spectrum and destroy it? Everyone that isn't naive or retarded knows how evil it is. It needs to be removed from western society. It makes people into animals and disgusting creatures

They repealed Prohibition, user

I'm sorry that your dad smacked you around when he was drunk, but most people can drink and still be civilized.

It's the cause of and solution to all of life's problems

Bugs...easy on the repealing

Fuck off my guns
Fuck off my beer
Fuck off my life

No not even close and you're an idiot even for asking

Virgin detected

>Is alcohol the worst thing ever made by mankind?

crack, meth, oxycontin and soccer have it beat

A child can distill some of the most powerful booze that can be made. There is no controlling it.

Jesus, was this posted by a 15 year old? I don't usually cringe in a literal sense, but I'm doing it now.

Remind caffeine is more addictive and health-detrimental than alcohol

Because sumptuary laws are for mudslimes.
oh wait.

we can get rid of it by using the feminists and religious majority, but this time around we will ban the immigrants

lips that touch liquor shall not touch mine

>degenerate
please don't use meaningless buzzwords
If I want to enjoy a bottle of Rum who are you to stop me

I will stop you

in olden time alcohol was important in meeting caloric needs

There is a reason it's called "spirits"

Yes; brain chemistry alteration; genetic engineering, to make human metabolism incompatible with alcohol consumption.

Then, genetically engineered viruses to kill tobacco plants.

What did he mean by this?

maga XDD

I'm actually very sympathetic to the reasoning OP. Funnily enough a century ago it was universally agreed here in America that alcohol was an evil. It was essential to Protestant beliefs. Nowadays, so-called Christians and conservatives who love to screech about degeneracy and social decay will get themselves into hysteric fits if you try to point out the evils of alcohol. Really makes you think...

THE FACT THAT IGNOBLE INDIVIDUALS INGEST ALCOHOL IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE TO ALCOHOL'S STATUS AS EXCELLENT ANTISEPTIC SUBSTANCE.

ALCOHOL IMPAIRS THE NERVOUS SYSTEM, WEAKENING IT, LEAVING THE BODY MORE VULNERABLE TO POSSESSION BY DEMONS.

I'm a far right Trump voting Christian and I love to drink. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it in moderation. Really that's what degenerate: not having self-control.

If it's good enough for Jesus and his bros it's good enough for me.

Kid, you need to get your dick wet.

>VULNERABLE TO POSSESSION BY DEMONS
DEMONS ARE A FALSEHOOD.

I'm a milquetoast socdem and I haven't had a sip of alcohol in like a year.

Weird.

Who the fuck actually refers to themself as milquetoast?

falseflag?

Who are you?

Tbh I saw people who really became sadder and more desperate than ever under the influence of alcohol

depends on the person and on the cause of their misery.

An introvert sad because he has no friends can use alcohol to relieve his social inhibitions and make some friends.

Love of alcohol?

I was on the fence on having a drink, but after seeing this post I think I'll fix myself a nightcap.

What are you having, user? I'm drinking Stella Artois.

Pernod and Pellegrino with some cheese.

Sounds nice.

You sound like a bitter cunt who never got invited to parties

Or he may just act in a retarded way, put himself to shame and destroy his chances of having any social interaction for years. It's the grand lottery of alcoholized behaviours.

I know this feel. I spoke to my mathematics teacher over the phone while drunk once.

ITT: People who never got past their middle-school straight-edge phase.

How is it health detrimental?

Having a Newcastle and a local raspberry sour ale. good shiet Veeky Forums I look forward to impregnating you with marxist semen after I down this shit

new topic: did we really only start using hops for alcohol around the 15th century? that's fucking wild senpai. anyone wanna give me cool shit to read about alcohol or beer?

Two contradictory sentiments I hear from the sober community a lot:

>Your alcohol problem is something you have to work out yourself, not blaming outside forces for it.
>Alcohol is an evil corrupting poison.

>Sober community
Oy mate you think they're having conventions and secret meetings ?

no

12 step meetings, for instance.

>on a history board
>doesn't know the first thing about history
No, user, YOU are the retarded one.

You wouldn't get rid of it but you could counter it's demand and consumption by providing other vices that are perhaps more benign like marijuana and regulated prostitution and have each of those to balance each other out. Sure a few may take to all of those vices for some time but you can only drink and toke so much before you're too intoxicated to go to or do anything in a brothel or have another toke or another sip and considering that cannabis could be seen as a more attractive drug for its effects by some it could drive people away from harder things and alcohol. The only reason people go to harder drugs from cannabis is probably in large part due to contact with it from being immersed in the environment of illegal drug sales whereas alcoholics and other hard drug users tend to stay fixed in their addictions once they get into them.
Also advances in medicine that could cure all of the physical health problems it causes save for the mental ones but even those possibly also, would eliminate a great deal of the problems associated with alcohol consumption.
>inb4 misanthropic shitposters who seem to hate practical and convenient solutions to the worldly problems but then proceed to find cold and insensible responses to complex and socially controversial issues.

>opiods
>physically harmful
Shit graph desu senpai

Doesn't it get hard to find veins at some point? Surely that can't be good, not to mention the severity of the withdrawals.

Yeah but it makes girls more likely to take their clothes off

You need friends

Alcohol is the greatest thing ever. When you wake up and have a truly shitty day, all it takes for relief is to have just ONE, yes ONE beer. You'll feel better despite not being drunk.

Also like said, modern-day girls, especially teenage ones are fucking easy after they drink 2 beers.

So what's the problem here OP?

>how do we get rid of a thing that occurs naturally and can be deliberately made with no more technology than a bucket

By eradicating the human race.

Even the good and honest ancient greeks praised our friend alcohol for it's nice effect

I don't quite get what you mean. Do you mean that on one hand they say it's a personal problem, but on the other alcohol is seen as an outside force acting upon the individual?

Ancient greeks fucked little boys too. Doesn't mean we should do the same.

It really depends on the person. Not every alcohol user is a pathetic drunkard.