/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Weekend Edition

Robinhood is a comission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

coinfags fuck off.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

share.robinhood.com/charlec387
finance.yahoo.com/news/westwater-resources-announces-positive-lithium-120148264.html?.tsrc=rss
fool.com/investing/2017/09/13/why-irobot-corporation-stock-plunged-today.aspx
warosu.org/biz/thread/S3456866#p3468100
genocea.com/pipeline/gen003-for-genital-herpes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>not available in your country
Neck yourself

piss off europoor

why did these threads disappear recently?

Also, who here buying apple stocks?

Is it even worth it if all I have is 2000 dollars?

It's normally slower on the weekends and they get washed away into the archive by the proliferation of coinfag threads

what do you think about day trading on the weekends?

how do you deal with not having the ability to set limit buy/sell orders?

s h o p i f y

Here's my referral link. If any of you dweebs want to create an account and receive some free stocks.

damn, It looks promising,but Im still waiting on bank verification

Are you trying to be a smartass?

>day trading on the weekends
I set limit orders all the time

no I'm honestly not
more just being a dumbass and bumping the thread pure noob

Give it a shot. Good way to learn about trading.

What else do you have to say about Shopify?

It's too late for that sorry, would if I could -

what chart apps do y'all use?

I use bloomberg at work.

Hopefully this week is good to me. My past two weeks have been disastrous. Lots of knife catching and selling low to stop the bleeding (AMD, USG, KTOS, WTW.) Still holding KTOS tho since it seems kinda memey

Greed fucked me over too, I gambled OKTA on earnings and was up 700 on Monday but I held like a bitch to try to squeeze out an extra $100-200 of profit...now I'm only up $180~ on it. Still hodl'ing

Mfw I bought WTW in 2015 at $18.00 and still hold it.

Lost about $250 expecting a JNUG rally Friday morning, bailed out, threw it all in AAPL at 158.90. Gonna see how it all shakes out.

who /shopify/ here?

I owned it multiple times at $88-91 but sold for profit before it even hit $100

S-surely it'll dip back to the $90s again...r-right?

Dont feel bad. Youll never go broke taking profits.

futures are looking grim

KTOS has a LOT coming. Have you looked into their recent deals?

i bought 1k shares of NAK on Friday around close

how does this week look

meh, I use a traditional broker.

I don't trade often so the few bucks in fees mean nothing.

my CGX (TSX) gamble paid off nicely, going to hold for long term.
Likely to buy soon.

>how does this week look

cautiously optimistic, but I'm the patient sort

Anybody in ARGS?

yep. hopeing for .20

How would you recommend investing my 1st 1000 dollars? I'm completely new at this but I am eager to learn.

Yeah bro, gotta start somewhere. Only way to learn anything is by doing it.

Use my link, we each get 1 free share of a random company:
share.robinhood.com/luisr39

Cool beans thanks user. Any advise on what to buy into first? I am looking at about $100 to give this a try and I'm not sure where to start.

As a first step learn about what it is that you're doing.
Go to khanacademy and take the economics/financial and capital markets course.
Then learn the basics of technical analysis (TA) from videos by TheChartGuys on YouTube.
TA is good during the bulls but once the bears hit you're going to need more skilll

Will do thanks user!

To supplement above user said, start with a company you really like. Keep up to date with everything that goes on with them, and monitor the ticker and look for trends based on those events. I do a lot of event-driven trading, swing trading, and I am mostly vested in the Biotech sector.

You will notice that while you can trade on technical analysis, the market is mostly sentiment driven. Think of it as a psychology game.

bump

6 more hours

CVM wrecked me hard

As a community, do you guys think we have enough buying power to pump and dump? I have about 30k combined

Veeky Forums as a whole surely has enough combined wealth to pump and dump some small company stocks.

But I don't think we would even make a dent in some medium/large company stock unless Soros or Bill Gates are actually hidden Veeky Forumsraelis.

haha word.

Also, i'll let you all in on one of my current positions:

Company called GNCA (IPO was $12.sh) completed successful Phase 2b trials for a formulation that targets and suppresses HSV-2 for 2 years at a time. The price hit a 52 week high of over $7/sh. However, shortly after the earnings report came out and revealed the company is burning cash at an alarming rate, and we found out that they needed funding to continue to Phase 3.Now, in one of the filings it was noted that the current COO is incentivized around 44k shares if a material financing event happened before Sept. 30. Price bled out to a low of $3.28/sh over a week. I re-balanced my positions a few times and averaged down to $5.11/sh (strong fucking hands, i know). Holding some gains now, but everything points to a material event occurring very soon. Analysts have an average PT of $21/sh. If funding happens and we get a big name partner, price can shoot up around $15/sh.

Drug is called GEN-003, they are also in oncology research and T-Cell research. Just the GEN-003 drug has a potential for $2bn/year revenues worldwide.

Now if a buy out happened (happens all the time in the sector) assuming a $2bn valuation, we're looking at $73.09/sh.

I can be wrong, invest at your own risk.

more like grandpa general

Good Morning lads

morning my man

Buy nak ptn and nog

ARGS GO BABY GO

$CLSN

Not just shorting volatility as the world burns and going long before it eventually pops.

I lost ~$60 to UVXY over the past few trading days thanks to bullcucks

anyone PZRX? could moon

THE BULL MARKET IS INVINCIBLE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGGHHHHHHH

Who else /greenasfuck/

My BTCS is up 20 fucking percent, and those NAK long calls I bought aren't trading for less than a 50% gain.

DXTR is gonna moon... r-right

Just got verified after weeks and jumped into
>IPI
>FCEL
>KTOS
Anything else I should be looking for

I'm in IBIO, just had a collab with another company.

Im up 40% in 2 weeks ($8500)

Hey everyone. If you want to open a Robinhood account use my referral link. We each get 1 free share of stock. I've already gotten 6 referrals. Help me reach $500 max.

Using RH? How are you making money off that shit stock?

WWR (formerly URRE)

Get in the next dip

finance.yahoo.com/news/westwater-resources-announces-positive-lithium-120148264.html?.tsrc=rss

ameritrade. args? I made quite a bit a while ago after hours, like 50% in 1 day, luckily never got back in until now

most of my recent gains are from AKTX

>tfw bought STX at $42
at least I'm still in the green with AMD and RARE

currently I have 1500 shares aktx, and only 5k args...the latter is a humongus pos that Im gambling

Just picked up some IRBT

Thinking this might be the beginning of its recovery (reporting earnings Oct 24th)

tell me more...
CFO is talking bullish, looks like a good buy. Any articles I should see?

OPXA merger vote tomorrow

FALC RIGHT NOW

hello uvxy

fool.com/investing/2017/09/13/why-irobot-corporation-stock-plunged-today.aspx

Investors are spooked because of this.

But I don't think it will affect IRBT's earnings

I also think apple's iPhone presentation drew some investors out.

Got 500 to play with, what's the move biz????

DONT BULLY THE BULL

RAD
AMAT
MACK
OPXA (gamble a few bucks user)
IRBT

Some new rite aid news out...

Thoughts on DXTR? I'm about to drop every dollar on it.
Seems fairly stable

This shit happens all the time, just buy the UVXY and let it make you some money and get back on the short end after the pop. UVXY is going to be green this week because people are going to grab some profits, and shit with the Norks.

uvxy my nigga gonna soon b on the comeup

>tfw those dirty Greeks stole all my money

Looks interesting don't know much about it, I'm all in on RARE rn. What makes you think it's stable?
pill me on UVXY

Finally a good thread that's not about bitcoins.

Whos buying retail stocks for this holidays season?

don't buy uvxy!! you will lose EVERYTHING.

SVXY on dip only.

>pill me on UVXY
it literally always goes down so just put everything you have in XIV and wa la free money

It doesn't always go down. We're basically at the floor of the VIX right now, and UVXY will pop this week like popcorn.

Isn't AKTX ded?

it might take a couple days but its going back over 6. Im ready to buy 3k shares if it drops to 4.90

What the fuck happened to FUEL guys I haven't checked in for a while

>DCTH

holy mother of fucking god WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?1

lmao glad I didn't listen to the shills on that one

How much do people put down as initial investments?

Didn't some guy here have 100k riding on it too? Like his whole life savings...wonder what he's up to

Found it
>warosu.org/biz/thread/S3456866#p3468100
Somebody get that guy on suicide watch A.S.A.P

Rip

wow what a fucking idiot lmao...to b that stupid...he deserved it, I could tell the second I looked at it one time that it would go to zero

Sorry for the late reply. Was kinda busy.
>targets and suppresses HSV-2 for 2 years at a time
genocea.com/pipeline/gen003-for-genital-herpes/
This is pretty big IF true.

>but everything points to a material event occurring very soon
Based on COOs actions? Kinda flimsy in my opinion.

All in all, looks pretty interesting.

Personally I started with $1000 but you can put down as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. No commissions means you don't have to worry about the brokerage eating all your money if you're playing with small amounts.

This guy too

OPXA doing its thing

I hope you're all maxing out your ira and matching 401k before playing with Robinhood.