German empire thread

Itt, we talk about the 2ND reich, aka the best reich, including its emperors.

youtu.be/I82_ybEAHxM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OHV_Q5qN888
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Staatssozialismus is best sozialismus.

Why didn't he become emperor?

Why?! Wilhelm was a joke, but Otto was completely serious!

WW1 was Germany's attempt to become coequal with the British Empire. I wish they had succeeded in colonizing the east, becoming wealthy, and building a navy. They were fucked by geography from the start, however. Sure, they were twisted. But if God had put the English in Germany and the Germans in England, the English would have been twisted too.

Keeping the ocean safe and the colonies resupplied

That guy is throwing up

Here's to wishing they could have actually had a colonial empire

...and challenging British naval superiority

>be Germany
>US doesn't fuck you over in WW1
>have an empire
>become oil rich in the middle east
>build an oil based navy instead of coal

this is Veeky Forums

You're essentially advocating for lebensraum

Sorry, but the German Empire got what they deserved for stabbing Nicky in the back.

This is what the Germans actually won from Russia.

The Treaty of Versailles made all those countries independent anyway because fuck Russia

>colonies
They did
>became rich
Germany had the highest GDP at the time
>powerful navy
Their navy was almost as powerful as the British

I for one think the world would be better off today if eastern Europe was ethnically German, and had been dominated by Berlin rather than Moscow

The Treaty of Versailles made those country's independent because the alternative would have been handing them over to the Bolshevik usurpers. It was the right decision, given the situation.

I see your German troops patrolling the east and raise you some more

>patrolling the east

Providing security in a lawless land. I would love to play a video game about German settlers in the wild east. Like a Red Dead Redemption game.

What did he do?

Funded the Bolsheviks.

He stabbed Nicky in the back, first during the Russo-Japanese war, then again during WW1. And over what? Fucking Serbia? Now, we all know that Nicky wasn't a great leader, but he wasn't so terrible that he deserved to be murdered.

damn that video was patriotic enough to turn me into a kaiserboo if for but a moment

for a bunch of militaristic autists they sure did have god tier aesthetics. far better then the third reich

That's because they were built on aristocratic values and tradition while the Third Reich was modernist and plebeian.

Look what I bought (this is the pic the seller gave me)

Germany's first smokeless powder rifle, the Gewehr 1888

Drei Achten, Drei Kaiser

youtube.com/watch?v=OHV_Q5qN888

I miss him bros.

>Tfw no german empire will happen in your life time

That gut did nothing

It will, but it will we be NatSoc (a new kind, tho)

He was a staunch monarchists. No seriously. He also had no way to claim the throne as he would have to surpass the King of Prussia and get a bunch of nobles on his side.

The people would accept Bismarck as Emperor easily. The military would accept Bismarck as Emperor easily (Young Officer Corps anyway). The nobles wouldn't.

>And over what? Fucking Serbia?
It was clearly about Austria-Hungary, and it was Nicky was who mobilized his troops first.

Because it worked so well the first time.

They would always have a failure next to more competent colonizers like France

In all honesty. Germany did not need colonies and Bismarck was right about building power within Europe alone. Wilhelm II, military, and people who wanted to play colony catch up went retarded.

First Reich > Second Reich

Not even a real country for most of its existence.

>Ywn be an airship captain chilling in the comfy pilot gondola in 1916 while there's massive trench battles going on beneath you

>Germany did not need colonies
Germany absolutely needed colonies and Prussia had been shooting for colonies for decades. They fucking hemorrhaged money buying resources to feed their industry. Colonies helped bring that down. Hell, the colonization of Tanganyika was almost solely built on cotton for German textiles.

Oh and all but two of Germany's colonies, Tsingtao and Samoa, were founded before Wilhelm's coronation and were fully agreed upon by Bismarck. You don't know what you're talking about.

Inb4 DarkSlayer with a naked lady as a emblem does some sick AT rocket gun wizardy and blows your ass down.