Holy shit, the dude from all our Africa threads is now a college graduate running for office in Liberia

Holy shit, the dude from all our Africa threads is now a college graduate running for office in Liberia.

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/world/africa/joseph-duo-liberia-election.html

How does Africa not have the best politics?

Also, general post colonial Africaboo pics and stories thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CAR wars confirmed for best costumes?

wait what Africa threads

The few we've had about actual Africa.

Not the 2,600 /pol/ threads

Really want to find a group to play AK47 Republic with ladd

>tfw no mad max tier Africa wars except for Toyota War

I vaugley remember this guy, good to see people finding this place useful in some civil way, I know I do

I thought originally that they were the fear the black warrior threads kek

Warlords fear the democratic warrior.

nah there have been some real cool ones about the congo wars and rwandan genocide, all good shit

I really hope this ends well

>muh /pol/
>>>reddit

Are there any other modern African conflicts that are any interesting? The only ones I can really think of off the top of my head are
>Ogaden
>Congo Wars
>Angolan Civil War/Border War

Is everything else just uneventful guerilla actions?

You know that every fucking thread about Africa gets derailed by some edgy /pol/uttant screaming "nigger" or "nog"
Ogaden was pretty good but pretty much ruined Somalia.
Dunno why they invaded a country with 3X the pop and the USSR and Cuba backing it.

Well the Soviets and Cubans didn't back the Ethiopians until midway through the war. Originally, Somalia was Soviet backed, while Ethiopia had just lost its US support and was slowly moving into the Soviet sphere.

Their hope was that they'd be able to overrun Ogaden easily and that the rest of the world either wouldn't give a shit or would support the action because of how shitty the Ethiopians were to non-Abyssinians.

Unfortunately Barre completely miscalculated. The Soviets weren't supportive and tried to defuse the situation, and as the Somalis ran short on supplies, he tried ejecting the Soviets from the country to gain support and supplies from either the west or, more likely, Arab states hostile to the Soviets like Egypt or the Saudis. Obviously that didn't pan out as expected.

But the Somalis actually had a lot in their favor at the start of the war. They had significantly better equipment than the Ethiopians - the Somalis had your standard Soviet aid equipment like T-55s, while Ethiopians were stuck with the bottom-of-the-barrel US equipment like M41 light tanks. Their air force (at least on paper) should have been better than the Ethiopians, with MiG-21s and MiG-17s that vastly outnumbered the

America is currently in Niger for some reason, presumably to do with AQ.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

I am the captain now

It does have the best politics

The politics settled by the gun and the machete and the whip.

Does it beat the Yemeni bread helmet man or Libyan Banjo player?

>muh reddit
>>/pol/

France was just recently in Mali for similar reasons. There was a Frog on /k/ a year or so ago who served there and was sharing pics and stories from the deployment.