Why does western civilization worship alcohol?

Why does western civilization worship alcohol?

You should know, Satan.

Because it synergizes extremely well with our cultural values. Imagine if everybody get high on acid once a month instead. Fucking chaos.

No one likes to be sober.

>Imagine if everybody get high on acid once a month instead

Society would be way better. Too bad me and acid don't get along otherwise I'd be down for a monthly acid trip for every citizen

we don't worship alcohol at all where im from. whats the problem with drinking beer or a glass of wine with your meals?

Could be better, could be worse. What I'm trying to say is basically that it doesn't really support of traditional cycle of consumption. Alchohol doesn't know when to stop. If a little is good then more must be better; this is the slogan of the drunk man.

It goes beyond western civilization. Japan and Korea exceeds the west in that respect.
Social drinking serves as a tried and true method of strenthening bonds both in your personal life and at your work place.
For most people it reduces anxiety and lifts your mood.

Easy to make, cheap, refined, expensive, tastes good, tastes bad, makes you express more easily all at once.

Prevents thinking. That's why drugs are considered immoral, too.

because for thousands of years, beer/whisky was safer to drink than water, which Western cities used the same water source for their drinking and their sewage.

People realized that drinking alcohol didn't make them sick as often as drinking water, so it became a vital drink in most diets until the sanitation movement finally started purifying drinking water in the 1870's.

It's not just the West either, almost every society has fermented whatever the fuck they could into alcohol, from China/Japan fermenting rice and sugarcane to Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia fermenting barley as far back as the Bronze Age.

For lots of people it's an escape route from their problems/memories/own mind. For many it's a hobby and they enjoy it like others enjoy experimenting with new foods. Others enjoy having fun and see it as a way to discharge and elevate pressure and inhibitions in a semi-regular fashion; flip side is a regular fashion and they can't control themselves.

Ultimately hard liquor is a problem developed by the public reaction to prohibition in the states, and as the end of prohibition put the green light up for hard drinkers, legality gave the hard stuff the green light for public abuse. Since the rest of the world was destined to idolize or import American culture (not by choice) the drinking culture we developed here spread through the west I guess

I hate even being slightly drunk, it just makes me feel like i'm not in control and i'm unsafe.

Fucking, lel.

alcohol permits women to have fun with men they could not possibly bear otherwise.

for men, alcohol permits them to thiink of something else than their shitty life

>my feet hurt
>this music is too loud

i wonder (((why)))?

Read protocols of the elders of zion

And here we go with autistic spergs ITT. There is nothing wrong with alcohol you cucks.

Alcohol also makes girls open legs for you. Something you never had, maybe that's why you're such beta no-fun allowed bitches.

It dulls pain and focuses attention on the present moment rather than on future worries. It's one of the opiates of the masses, basically [I'm not a Marxist, but that was a good line by him]. It's pain killer for plebs (who now seem to be turning more and more to actual opiates).
t. former drinker, now almost 2 years sober

>t. former drinker, now almost 2 years sober

>hurr it didn't work out for me because i couldn't handle my shit like an adult
>it won't work for you, HAIL COMMUNISM

>muh girls

Spoken like a true impotent.

>actually being straight

>not being bi

Trannies aren't women user

Why do burgers ruin their whisky/Bourbon with ice?

Coincidentally I just poured myself a small glass of remy martin. Absolutely comfy as fuck. And don't judge me, I work 2nd shift.

>having sex is great

t.woman

Humanity must have some shitty fucking friends, then, can't believe we're still friends with War.

because we're sad and nervous

i don't have to get women drunk to get them to open legs, really why do you have to get them drunk? that's pretty sad bro, i have to say.

It is good way to deal with depression. I take it weekly and highly suggest anyone to do the same.

>he doesn't fuck teenage pussy
Are you gay? Older women are easier, that's a fact. Teen sluts are the best, but are only avaible if you get them beer. Unless you want to play "muh gf/bf" bullshit.
?

for centuries alcoholic beverages were safest thing to drink
so consuming these particular kind of cheap, extremely easy to make beverages with pleasurable intoxicating effects available in wide variety of tastes got ingrained in the society and obviously has not gone anywhere

>western
Its almost every civilized culture.

Asia has a very strong alcohol culture.

"Alcohol is for idiots!" I said, prior to visiting Munich.

Only in Europe was alcohol so prevalent as to alter population genetics through selective pressure.

spoken like someone who truly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Fuck that, mixing with coke/other shit is the real enemy.

Hes right

No he's not. I know from experience and there are a ton of writers/smarter people than you both will ever be that confirm what you say is bullshit.

Even chimps drink alcohol, it's hardly a "Western" thing.

The ability to drink poison recreationally with minimal ill effect is and always will a feat of strength that draws admiration.

It's equally bad.
Putting ice in the drink not only ruins the taste with water, the coldness removes 90% of the taste.

This never made sense to me. Doesn't it take more liquid to process alcohol than is ingested with it?

This. It's genuinely baffling.

This

It makes some people feel good despite the shit show happening around them that is Western Civilization.

>implying hes saying pain killers are bad
>implying he said hes a commie
one has to wonder why his post got such a strong rise out of you

>School year rolls around
>All the previously underage b&s finally go to college
>Start coming into contact with alcohol
>Resent the people who are partying because they're getting laid
>Are too upright to drink, worried about being embarrassing
>Flood this website with threads bitching about booze
Every year, like fucking clockwork

Beer keeps longer than bread and other non preserved food items. It was a way to store calories.

Also as other anons said the drinking water wasn't always the cleanest so mixing it with water helped to sanitize it.

Plus it gets you drunk.

it's the opposite for me I do shit faster

>Why does western civilization worship alcohol?
>Implying they're alone in this.

I've never really understood why alcohol makes women act like sluts. I realize women have less tolerance to alcohol, but even when I've gotten close to vomiting I've had some filter remaining between my thoughts and actions, enough to realize whipping my dick out is a bad idea.

>enough to realize whipping my dick out is a bad idea.

??? You're on this planet to whip your dick out and stick in in a girl. Same thing for girls hence they get drunk and "act like sluts".

I mean that it's socially reprehensible

It's not though. People have been having sex since forever.

It used to be hard to find clean drinking water, so people turned to alcohol. Over time, it just became normal.

Don't worry about it too much.

Regular thirst-drinking alcohol wasn't as strong as the alcohol you would drink with the objective to get drunk. The thirst-drinking alcohol had just enough alcohol in it to kill the bad bacteria in it.

Basically, before leaving to work at the docks to carry cargo onto and from the ship, the peasant poured a little bit of strong beer into the bottom of his waterflask and filled the rest with the contaminated well water. The strong beer in the bottom mixed with the water and neutralized the harmful bacteria.

Yes. Alcohol is a diuretic (it makes you pee faster) but the stuff they drank had far less alc in it than today. In central Europe they would drink lots of ale/beer (it was even part of the tithes given to the HRE emperor) it probably had the strength of modern lite beer, and was healthier since they had to boil the water first.

>Is bisexual
>Never had sex with a woman, "dates" older men
Every. Fucking. Time.

>because for thousands of years, beer/whisky was safer to drink than water
fake news

>muh dik

Are you lost? Should I show you where facebook is?

Imbibing a shot of alcohol raises testosterone levels by 2-3x if done a few hours after exercise.

A shot. Of alcohol. Not beer. On an unrelated note, mice who consumed 5% of their daily calories from alcohol had their testes shrink by half after a few week. But note that mice physiology doesn't necessarily translate into human reactions.

Fuck off impotent beta faggot.

itt: risk averse spergs who don't can't into risk assessment and don't understand the role of a social lubricant

are you saying you've seen drunk girls whip their dick out?