Christians cannot celebrate Christmas or Halloween, they are pagan

Christians cannot celebrate Christmas or Halloween, they are pagan.

There arent real christia in this world dummy, all these people called christians fornicated, steal, kill, lie, ect

*celebrates Samhain across the world*

You make me sick

I don't see anyone driving cattle between fires on Halloween

Laud was too pure for this world
>Halloween
>literally all saints eve

All Saints Eve was window-dressing by the Church since they couldn't stop people from celebrating Samhain. Just like the Roman Saturnalia was turned into Christmas, Samhain was turned into All Saints Eve.

But its origin remains Celtic and pagan, the only countries that seriously celebrate Halloween are Ireland, the UK, USA, Argentina, Australia, NZ, Canada - All countries with large Irish populations.

Easter: Spring fertility festival
Christmas: Winter Solstice festival

Guy hung on a tree: Odin
Guy resurrected: Any circus sideshow in the ancient world

How the fuck is Christmas pagan lmao

You could say that the holiday secularized eventually and became influenced by Yule, but within the Church itself, the core of the celebrations are hardly reminiscent of that

Why do you think the date of Dec. 25th was chosen? Nobody knows when he was born. They just chose that date to absorb any number of pagan Winter Solstice holidays.

tfw your country still calls it yule

Because it's 9 months after the annunciation, aka when Mary found out she was pregnant, you dribbling pus of a retard?

It's like 9/11 conspiracy theories for you retards. Oh, hurr durr, it's too cold for shepards to be out in Palestine during Christmas, and there are other holiday traditions which influenced it later because of proximity to time.

Wait a minute? There must be no reason why Christians have it on december 25th? It must be some conspiracy to trick people who celebrate Saturnalia or yule into becoming christian, because theyre that stupid.

No smelly retard, if anything it'd be to synthesize Jesus with passover, though the reason determined by people in the 3rd century, or st augustine, is because it's 9 months after the annunciation.

>he didn't notice his mom walking between 2 pumpkin lanterns

Your dick is pagan.

Some pagan is mad we co-opted his shitty "holi"days and made something good out of the.

Did you call me?

>They just chose that date to absorb any number of pagan Winter Solstice holidays.
Except stuff like Saturnalia and Yule happened 5-10 days before december 25th.
The only thing that happened on the 25th was Sol Invictus, but that stuff started being celebrated in the 4th century.
But let us suppose it is so.
That means we should do like the Armenians and the early Church, and celebrate Epiphany as the big thing, before it got divided with Christmas.
Actually, that's a way bigger argument against the pagan meme, since it's derived from Epiphany, and it didnt start with december 25th.

>hes not a christian pagan

For the first couple of centuries, there's no sign that Christians observed Christmas. Easter was the big deal, and in English, that's called by a pagan name.

Ironically, in my country, a large chunk of the neo-pagan community worship the "Lord of Gods" as a central figure.
The symbol of the movement is a cross, for crying out loud.

>For the first couple of centuries, there's no sign that Christians observed Christmas.
Yeah, as i said, Epiphany was the big thing.
>Easter was the big deal, and in English
And that's relevant how?
Easter is directly tied to the Passover, not the fact that brits are special snowflakes, and call it Easter.
>that's called by a pagan name.
The only reason that hypothesis even got off the ground was because some brit monk wrote in a chronicle "I heard from some peasants that they heard that the reason it's called Easter was because there was some pagan deity or some shit that was celebrated sometimes in the spring"

> rejects universally recognized meaning of "Easter"
Someone just went full retard.

Sorry faggot I don't have a "mom", we speak an actual language not based on an autistic faggot baby-talking his fellow citizens over here

Im saying it's irrelevant.
Yeah, maybe the english etymology comes from Ostera, but when the whole thing is directly tied to Passover, and is actually called Passover in most european languages(and Ressurection Day or something in slavland), the connection becomes downright superfluous.

Resurrection is what Spring is all about, in the temperate climates. Of course, they'd choose to blend the old & new.

The notion that the crucifixion came right after passover was a convenient thing to throw into the story.

>Ressurection Day in slavland
Velikonoce means "Great nights"

Joke's on you guys, you already call my denomination pagan anyway.

>calls catholics pagan anyway

which one is it?