Have you ever regretted quitting a job before?

Have you ever regretted quitting a job before?

>having a job
>ever

It's always best to keep as many doors open for yourself as possible

I have a lot of regrets

yes i do.
3 years ago i was working as a trainee for a big company. When they asked to hire me as a employee, i rejected to open my own business. Probably if i had accepted the job, ill be earning a nice money today

Didn't you make this thread a few days ago?

Why don't you hurry up and get over it. It can't have been THAT great.

My biggest regret was not hanging around an extra month to gather enough evidence to sue them out of existence.

I burn all the bridges i leave behind

The problem is that I got it over with.

Yes. Twice.

story?

I'm working for the first time in my life (25, ex NEET).

I've missed out on HUGE GAINS because of this shit.

>work for company
>build and refit mines
>pretty good gig
>FIFO, 1 month on 1 week off
>time to fly home
>flight isn't booked
>"drive to X site and we'll fly you from there in a week"
>drive ~600km
>work for week
>"can't get you a flight, drive to Y site"
Long story short I did 122 10 hour days back to back and rage quit, my biggest regret was not taping the argument where he admitted all the labor laws he had broken.
It broke me, haven't held down a job since. Self employment is my only option so I'm getting that started with some of my crypto gains.

Aren't you missing out on bigger gains from not working? How do you afford to buy crypto without a job?

Best thing that has ever happened, last job was holding me down

What do you do now user? When'd you start?

>Long story short I did 122 10 hour days back to back and rage quit
Damn, that must have been some sweet pay

~$2.5k a week after tax but not worth hating life.

Bruh

How do I get such a job?

i used to work at subway, i stole about $500 a week for a few months, but then for some reason i quit the job. looking back on it i should have stayed and stolen more money.

No, but I have regretted quitting it the way I did.

>be me, college student + full-time wagecuck at a factory
>really nice supervisor/plant manager, willing to work with schedule, very helpful with random things also
>Trusts me with a lot, makes me second-shift manager during the summer, directing two other guys, basically the only three people in the building and I'm in charge
>Autumn comes, new semester, move back to first shift
>They hire back a guy who quit before I joined, I basically replaced him
>well now he's doing the same stuff I'm doing
>tfw he knows more
>tfw I'm basically made redundant
>just standing around doing nothing, feel like pure shit
>just text my boss "I quit" and never show up, don't respond to phone calls or anything

Really wish I didn't quit that way, but believe me there was nowhere else for me to go in that company but down even if I talked about it to the plant manager.

Nice LARPing, unless you're a manager or your manager was literally disabled/your dad who knew you were stealing I don't believe you.

Never. I detest and hate sitting on a chair next to coworkers 8 hours a day, so I became a student. Best decision of my life.

>become electrician
>specialize in heavy industrial
>specialize in command and control
>enter resource sector

man you really fucked up though, you could have leveraged that into a good reference at least and a higher-paying position etc

Is working in a factory worth it? I've been thinking about it recently.

I'm looking to quit soon and I'm kind of jittery about it, because my manager is a nice enough guy and I work in IT and I am the only one who knows about a lot of their networks which I installed myself. I try to keep documentation but I am disorganized.

I know my manager will be pissed at having to get someone else (he trained me up almost from scratch straight out of uni).

I work in one now and i'd say yes, but it depends on the place. The company i work for produce transmissions for cars, i run and maintain machinary on the production line, the machines themselves are full automated i just need to make sure they dont produce shit parts etc

Been there little under 2 years now and i'm making 40k a year as is at 24. Plus factories have plenty of potential progression, realistically by the time i'm 40 assuming i put in some effort to climb the ladder i'll be earning 80-100k

Not really, unless you're too dumb to do anything else. It's dirty and tedious. Some people take pride in that, but it's because they're too dumb to do anything else. Even the best pay is usually shit compared to, say, software engineers or some other STEM discipline. And your coworkers are all highschol dropouts and druggies

Oh. The one I'm considering is some plastic shit and pays $14/hr and benefits. I live in Canada.

I have no degree and im not sure how to get into IT or any other field

I'm a bong so i dont know, is $14 Canadian dollars an hour decent in Canada? If so then take it, if not then probably not worth the time

well it's better than part-time fast food and shit like that. Minimum wage customer service shit is the bottom of the barrel, unless you count jobs typically occupied by illegal immigrants and shit

Seems okay but minimum wage becoming $14 in January so I wonder if it'll go up proportionally

I probably wouldnt do it for minimum wage, what you need to look for if you dont have a degree is an apprenticeship, it'll be shit wages for 2-4 years depending on the length of the apprenticeship but once you're done then you'll be making a lot more than most your age. Try and get one doing maintenance for machinary or being an engineer or something.

Unless you're already like 30 or something, if thats the case then RIP friendo

I'm 22. Just kind of stuck in the cycle of "wagecuck jobs that pay slightly above minimum wage and go nowhere".

If you can get a wagecuck job in an office or something i'd say just stick with it, as long as you're willing to work at it eventually you'll begin to move up the ladder. You can pretty much earn 60-80k doing any job if you move far enough up the ladder

Yeah I did that for years after high school. Got sick of shit pay and working with low lives, really takes a toll on your self-esteem when you know you're capable of more. An old lady at one of the factories I worked at said, "What are you doing here instead of school? It's not worth it, trust me."

So I applied to uni at 22 and some financial aid, started a degree in computer science at 23. Already making decent money at an internship, making gay web apps.

In an office doing what though? Unless it's being a callcenter or administrative assistant cuck I don't really know how to get such a job.

True.

>In an office doing what though?

honestly couldnt tell you, does Canada have job centers and shit? Like places were you can go and they look for work for you, i'd just go there and see what they have going in the local area that doesnt require a degree to apply for.

Nope. I always wait until I have spiralled into a horrible pit of depression before I quit. At that point, I could work literally anywhere else and feel relief.

I just quit my job. No regrets. I'm free now

It wont last

I just dont know what you meant by "office job". It's very broad and realistically I couldn't imagine someone getting beyond a callcenter or admin assistant job without a degree unless they had exceptional skills or had lied.

As for the job centre I'm pretty sure those only find factory work or other manual labour, that I've seen at least.

>As for the job centre I'm pretty sure those only find factory work or other manual labour
Yeah it's the same here, but they did find a call center job for me on one occasion (only $9 an hour though.)

Just had an idea, move to alaska and work on an oil rig for $50 an hour

That's the kind of cuck job I mean though. Not that it's bad but there's really no progression, the pay isn't even good and it's not interesting work.

If you want interesting work then apply for uni in a field you're interested in. If you like math, logic, and solving problems, do a CS degree. I have a lot of fun with it and didn't know anything about programming to start with.

>making good money and in gay websites

JACKPOT

I used to work at a gas station . Started when I was 14

Anyway, you had point cards that you could redeem for gift cards and gas. I lived in a small town and the register system was old as fuck. Normally, the point system was connected to the register, and you could only give points if it were a real sale.

With this old setup, I could give points for cash sales, that were independent of the register, and my boss had no way of knowing.

So, I made like 10+ point cards with fake names, addresses etc, and every day I would make fake cash gas purchases of around 100 bucks sometimes over 200. With 10 cards, I accumulated points very fast.

I would use the points to buy gift cards and bring them to work. When people would get gas and just hand me cash out the window while I pumped it, I would just pocket the cash and pay for the gas with the gift cards. My boss never lost out, and she had no idea.

Doing it this way, I earned a shit ton of money for a teenager working part-time, probably thousands extra. It was a pretty sweet deal while it laster.

>be 28
>above average iq
>no formal education
>never held a job
>made almost 3 million dollars in crypto since earl 2016

Fuck working bros. You now have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be free

How did you find the capital to invest in crypto if you've never worked though?

>no job no education
What did you do for the last decade?

I am trying, but I'm afraid I jumped on the game too late.

>XRP
>BAT
>ARK

Am I gonna make it?

Tell us your story man, having a millions sounds like a dream

I got a 30k loan from my father and immediately bought ETH when it was first breaking out of 5 dollars

>I got a 30k loan from my father

So you havnt achieved anything and you got daddy to pay for it all

Crypto is just starting. You are not too late

u wot m8

And then you're telling us you sold at $300+? Not 5x returns, not 10x, not even 50x but all the way at $300?

Trading 30k to 2.7 million is nothing? hmmm

It is since your bullshitting

I actually sold ETH many times. I don't hold coins

>I have no degree and im not sure how to get into IT or any other field
learn to code, specific skillset which is in demand (just look at job listings and talk to people)

then go do it
there are no certs, only degrees, and half of the people who do it for a living have either an irrelevant degree or no degree

I have no reason to lie on a anonymous forum. Believe what you want

>I have no reason to lie on a anonymous forum
there are plenty of reasons

LARPing is a pastime here

If you haven't larped you haven't lived. Over the years I've roleplayed as nearly every profession under the sun.

Teach me master,
28, no formal education, no job, no 3 millon$$

No.

I do buisness.

jobs are for sheep

What kind of business do you own?

moron

diamond wholesaling

>Being brainlets and wokring jobs
>Not just robbing a bank and living the high life forever

>job = money
>quit job = quit money
no thanks

>Have you ever regretted quitting a job before?
No.

>Have you ever regretted 0 income after quitting a job before?
Yes.