Most emblematic warriors

Can we all agree these are the most emblematic warriors through history?

And don't get me wrong, I don't mean the best (redcoats for exemple were shit compared to their european counterparts of the era), but the most famous, that anyone can recognize (even normies) when seeing them on a pic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jElIveJTKr8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_Jiguang
greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/2016/06/famous-military-unit-qi-jia-jun.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frangistan
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You forgot hoplites. Other than that, yea that's pretty much it.

For France you should have a put an heavy mounted knight

You understand the thread wrong
It's not about the countries, it's about the six most emblematic warriors through history, and their place of origin (Templars were a French crusading order)

Danish viking instead british soldier
Greek hoplite instead ss soldier

Hi, Im a German soldat

I understand the purpose of this thread perfectly

The most emblematic French troups in normie culture are the Heavy knights as opposed to English lowbowmen

Normans didn't fight under the banner of France.

Hussars in there before your "token Asian" Samurai.

>Russia

Cossacks or Strelets

>Sweden

Caroleans or Vikangs

>Murrica

US Marine (Vietnam or modern Era)

>China

dunno tbqh

>Murrica
>US Marine (Vietnam or modern Era)
>implying its not the scrappy US infantryman of WWII

>China
Shaolin monk

China generally has no warrior class since the Empire didn't have any warrior class. Just a military.

However the Chinese image of martial valor is encapsulated in the General. In popular culture, its usually a cunt who is usually depicted wearing 900s-1400s period armor and is a one man wrecking ball.

A lot of Chinese military honorifics contain "general" in them, but people given them aren't exactly generals or even military officers. Like the court position: "general of the left flank guards." Its just that being considered a commander in Chinese military culture meant someone is at the height of martial prowess.

yea I was about to say OP shouldn't use modern flags, this version is way better

I like this anecdote from Chinese history
> Under the pledge, if Zhuge Liang fails to produce 100,000 arrows in 10 days, he will be executed for failing his mission.

> youtube.com/watch?v=jElIveJTKr8

Normies can't even recognize modern flags

This isn't a Norman tho
That's a Templar
And the flag is about their place of origin, not the entity they fought for (as the Italian flag may have given out)

>Cossacks or Strelets
Not known by normies

>Caroleans
Not known by normies

>Vikangs
Not Swedish (mostly Danish or Norwegian)

I dont remember the vikings owning most of the world.

>The US Marine
What, they are fucking awful lol, constantly btfo'd

>Crusader
>French

> implying the Normans weren't literally a template

The USMC did redefine what a Marine was.

>Before
Naval Infantry. Goes to shore when army needs help.

>After USMC influence
Pretty much a small mobile army with its own air, armor, and artillery support.

You said?

Does that mean I'm safe if I hang up this flag?

>Templar orders.
>Everyone who ever went on crusade.
Yeah, sure just the French. The Crusade wasn't a multinational event or anything involving soldiers from numerous catholic medieval European states, nope.

Musketeers are emblematic for France.

That´s what I was thinking.

I agree. Other than that OP was spot on

:-------DDDDDDDD

ebin

You do understand that the vast majority of the crusaders were english ? In fact they were so numerous that the arabs called the crusaders "franks" ? You do realize that all the leaders of the first crusade were french ? That Richard the Lionheart was french ?

Most emblematic coming through

He was too good for this world ;_;

I don't know in why world you live but samurai are far more well known than winged hussars, whatever the fuck you may think.

I think the typical knight in Gothic plate armor (despite being more of a 16th century thing) is more iconic than a Templar in mail with a greathelm. Also WW2 era American troops are pretty iconic.

I don't remember the English owning most of the world where people live, like England.

Hallo, Ich bin ein Deutsches Soldat

>Czechia
Hussite war wagons
>Turkey
Janissaries
>Poland or Hungary
Hussars

>implying normies don't know about cossacks

Forgetting Napoleon, are we?

Normies think hoplites are Romans

bery gud :DDD

No one recognizes the conquistadors. Replace them with greek hoplites

Autism

Most of them.

Anne Frank is German

His retardation killed millions

She's Jew

Actually she lost her German citizenship in 1942 so technically she died stateless. The only reason she hasn't been granted posthumous Dutch citizenship yet is because it would rewriting their Constitution to allow it.

Shes still German

How?

Has Germany reinstated her citizenship? I know in the case of Erma Eckler, they not only reinstated her citizenship but had her marriage to August Landmesser retroactively recognized

>No one recognizes the conquistadors

Nigga pls

lol yes actually 100%

More normies know these things than that most Crusaders were from France.

Yeah but that's not the point
Most normies know about Templars (even if they dumbly believe they were English) while Caroleans and Cossacks are barelt known

seems pretty accurate.
Tercios were the best troops in Europe for over 100 years.
its a shame military power and victories arent really taught in spanish education

>italy
>rome
Lmao

Templars weren't fighting under the Oriflamme m8

Only Burgers give a shit about redcoats.

That's still shit though. Greek phalanx, Mongol archers, Russian cannon fodder infantry, Turkish janissaries, Arab cavalry... would fit in a thousand times better.

If you're seething and want to put the brits in there with their truly emblematic stuff, draw an age of sail warship and a jewish merchant behind.

Swap out conquistadors and redcoats with vikings and hoplites

The funny thing is, in France, we learn NOTHING about templars or Crusads in school

OP's shitposting a bit to call them French anyway, yes the Templars were founded by Frenchmen but it was an international order with members and bases throughout multiple countries.

This pleasure aussie women

Not sure that this Union Jack was contemporary to this uniform.

I don't think people associate crusaders to France, úse a Napoleonic grenadier instead.
Also only 'muricans think about redcoats for UK. Use longbowmen.

There are a lot more than these.
Any of these would be recognized by normies. If not the name, at least they would be able to tell what civilization these belonged to:

>Rome
Legionnaires

>Greece / Macedon
Hoplites

>Mongols & Huns
Horse Archers

>Carthage
Elephants

>Vikings
Longboats & Berserkers

>Saracens
Mamluks

>Aztecs
Jaguar Warrior

>Europe in General
Crusader / Knight

>Southern Africa
Zulu Warrior

>Spain
Conquistador

>North America
Sioux Warrior

>Britain
Redcoat

>Korea
Turtle Ship

>Germany
SS

>Russia
Red Army

>USA
US Marine

As opposed to Lenin?

I would suggest that instead of the "redcoat" a more emblematic warrior for England would either be the Longbowman or the British Tar

personally I'd add in cossacks for Ukraine/Russia, but that's just me.

I guess it depends on the region. Here in Argentina redcoats are pretty emblematic as well, probably has to do with the fact that the British tried to conquer us in the early 1800s. (Same as with French Canada except the Spanish colonists won here)

For a Frenchman the longbowmen are probably more emblematic seeing that they spent 100 years fighting against them.

Can garuntee most people dont know those spanish soldiers

No Vikings, no Mongols, no Napoleon troops. You are retarded.

>Vast majority
Citation needed.
>In fact they were so numerous that the arabs called the crusaders "franks"
Ferenggi is what Middle Easterners called every Western European. That was because of Charlemagne. They also used the Greek term "Barbaroi" which they got from Byzantines.
>You do realize that all the leaders of the first crusade were french ? That Richard the Lionheart was french ?
Frederik Barbarossa was French too?

See what I mean? The crusades was an international affair, undertaken by "Christendom" which, for Western Europeans, meant "Catholic fucks."

Even had a few local boys like Christian Turkics.

No.

Ming dynasty literally has a "military/warrior caste"(軍戶), and they're hereditary, people can't change it by their will. Qi Jiguang was born from this caste.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_Jiguang
greatmingmilitary.blogspot.com/2016/06/famous-military-unit-qi-jia-jun.html

Hereditary Military Families emerged out of the Weisuo system, which was a method of paying Chinese soldiers with land, leading to entire villages composed of military men. It wasn't like other people's warrior classes in which they're dominant in their society and owed allegiance to a local lord. Chinese soldiers were state troops.

However the Chinese military seems to be pretty open to anyone who could fight. I mean despite the fact that they have the professional army, sure, they often recruited/are joined by village militias, ex-bandits, and private military groups like mercenaries.

Of course, it's a bit like Roman legions with their Auxilia. Many Manchu tribes were also Ming's Auxilia before Nurhaci rebelled.

Why Cossacks not included? Was Russian Empire too small for that?

>Ferenggi is what Middle Easterners called every Western European

Muslims called the Crusaders "Franks" because the vast majority of Crusaders they met were French, and frogs in that era still LARPed as Franks (unlike Germans who had accepted the fact the Frankish Empire had fallen long ago)

>As the Franks (French) formed a substantial part of the force of the First Crusade, and Old French became the dominant language in the crusader states of the 12th century (notably the Principality of Antioch), the term Frank as used in the Levant could mean any Western European Christian (whether Frankish, Saxon, Flemish, etc.).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frangistan

Point of the thread isn't to give these 6 countries an iconic warrior, but to depict the 6 most famous historical warriors
And as a bonus the modern flag of their place of origin (regardless of whether normies know that or not) is added near them

Templars were French, thus they have the French flag
No matter where normies think they came from

>Oriflamme
>French templars
Uhhhh... And even then, oriflamme was the standard of St Denis, but not the flag of France.

So they stopped being frank? Retard
Just because adopted a romance language doesnt mean they stop being frank

lennins policys at the end of his life wernt retarded tho and didn't kill millions and he brought russia out of ww1 in the first place

Central Asian cavalrymen, Vikings and pirates are pretty emblematic.

Romans had hoplites in their early days

>All Crusaders gone to defend the Holy Land.
I thought

hussars aren't as well known as samurai user

>Turkish janissaries
Use Ottoman*. Janissaries's ethnicities spanded from croatian to macedonian, but "turkish", uh nuh

Hmm, a Rhodesian Jew larping as a Southerner. I always figured Froghurt and le wannabe Southerner kike were the one and the same. Funny that your memes forget that the Spanish also expelled and tortured the Jews, the English expelled the Jews as did the Romans after the Kitos War.
But you can't hint at that because it exposes your people- that various nations in various times all came to the same conclusion about your people. So like every low IQ kike you hammer away at the strawman your people have built in the public mind, making antisemitism something of a Nazi German creation that existed nowhere else in history.
Its funny seeing how you slithered away from /pol/ after realizing the futility of lies, only to be stupid enough to expose yourself time and again.

Moors, the masters of Spain, black slaves of arabs and berbers, used to control iberian during islamic rule.

>Frederick Barbarossa
>First Crusade

Also Barbarossa never reached the Holy Land.
Also the Templar castles and manors in England were led by french.