/cg/ - ChainLink General

For discussion, questions and answers regarding the ICO that will either bring many of us financial glory or be a case study in hype. Here's to the former!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/RHJckfP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it wise to store multiple tokens on the same adress? i use a trezor and have my 24k stack of ebet on there, want to store my LINK there as well

Good luck anons, if this moons I'm going to kill myself

as long as you have your private key properly backed up you're good

You should get in on an exchange at a premium then

i still don't know where or when we get the tokens from the presale. FUCKING ASSHOLES HAVE NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL!

Within 24 hours of the conclusion of the crowdsale, LINK tokens will distributed to your wallet. Source - the FAQ

I'll consider it, how much do you think it'll go for?

So those who didn't get whitelisted are pretty much out of luck huh?

Maybe 3x? I really couldn't say though. But if it moons, who cares about the 3x, 5x etc.

You can buy on an exchange, so no you're not necessarily out of luck.

Realistically I think it reaches 200 Million market cap. Thats about a 7x

All in @ 4.3 ETH for 11180 LINKs - May we Moon straight to Lambo Base Alpha Centari.

What's starting market cap if they sell out?

Who wants to buy my links boys

even a shitcoin like DNT reached almost 160m mcap. this coin will definitely reach 300m, about 10x.

One thing I'm wondering is how to structure my gwei price and gas limit. This will be my first ICO and from what I understand going above '50' gwei disqualifies your transaction in certain token creation circumstances. I don't know if that applies here though. Until I can solve that riddle I'm going to try 50 gwei and ~200,000 gas limit - do you guys think that will be OK?

kek if this only gets a 200m cap meanwhile coins like IOTA, XRP OMG have $1billion already than this really is a meme market.

this should be $1 billion by the end of the year

>LINK tokens will be distributed within 24 hours of the crowdsale's completion.

you know, presale and crowdsale are different things.
in the crowdsale all tokens will be send to the address that participated first, no matter where else the ETH comes from.
if they do the same with the PRESALE, a lot of people are fucked in the ass, their money will be gone. a lot of money.

any info on that? nope.

They answered that multiple times in the slack back during the presale. LINK gets sent proportionately to each address that sent the ETH. There is an open question of whether or not they refund overfilled pooled accounts, but indications seem to be that they will likely not be refunded (especially if you sent before it hit the limit).

that only applies to token creations with a smart contract. the address we receive from chainlink is just a normal address. i'm personally just going with 4 gwei and 20k gas because i already have 300eth in the presale so i'm not in a rush.

>but indications seem to be that they will likely not be refunded
What indications? Last I'd seen devs had said absolutely nothing one way or the other and everyone was just guessing.

Should I go all in with my eth? Im holding 5.5eth along with 97 OMG, 3500zrx and 2000TNT and some laughable small amount of BTC.

If yes, should I also sell my ZRX to go all-in or would that be a stupid move?

The indications are that they would've said something by now if they were going to be refunded. But yeah, they are not being straight forward about that subject. It's potentially understandable though that they don't want to be perceived as endorsing it to any lurking regulators etc. It's kind of like they are winking at us that it's OK.

ZRX is a """"long-term""""" hodl. You could make money off of this and move back into ZRX if you wanted to, but I wouldn't even bother with that shitcoin.

Does anyone know if there are any exchanges planned to pick this up? What is the code I should look out for? LINK?

Im assuming 0.10~0.20 at start of exchange. There are more people in demand to invest then the people on presale
My question is when will it be added to exchange and what website? I want to be the first hour to do this.

Assuming you have a savings account with some emergency fiat and all that, then I'd say you should definitely try and invest some, going all-in would be aggressive but not insane. Don't invest more than you're willing to lose. But also diversification is good. I'd keep the ZRX and invest 1-5.5 ETH, whatever you feel comfortable with

Nothing has been announced, but I think you'll be able to use etherdelta as soon as the LINK is released (24 hours after the crowdsale ends)

I dont really have a lot of saved up money since im a (master in IT at least...)student. I worked full time for 3 months in the summer now and invested it into crypto, im a bit (about 12%) in a minus now, but as I see it while my mates partied this summer too I have finally grown up and done something productive. If I loose this money its not a biggie, Ive got scholarship and still work 20% so I guess than it will simply be a lost summer for me.

I see crypto as a means to get rich and not having to get some corporate wagecuck job after I have graduated. I know this is not really the right mindset, but despite me having good grades and study-related job id prefer to not have a boss and just work on my own programming projects.

I have thought it through and im going all-in, should I sell the zrx or tnt?

This sounds like a scam coin. The devs have zero communication, and other than Veeky Forums, I don't see this mentioned anywhere.

yeah you're right definitely don't buy this please

has a literal partnership with sibos and swift. i dont think you can get any further from a scam than this

Its a scamcoin..So dont buy it. Just stick with your litecoin

That's not an indication at all, that's you reading into the situation what you want to see happen.

amen brother. financial glory, please! PLEAAAASE!

Whats the end of the pre-sale?

>it solves the oracle problem
yeah, this shit is going straight to 1bil mcap.

discord.gg/RHJckfP

We are an ICO discord, come ask questions here

when is*/

care to explain? I want to go balls deep on it also when its the last day of pre-sale?//

Lol. Lowkey ICO's are great. Look at metalpay.

I'll admit I'm not being a pessimist about it, but I'm just using deductive logic

>he doesn't know the oracle problem
the presale ended weeks ago. tomorrow is the crowdsale.

There has been so much discussion on biz about this ICO I'm having a very hard time figuring out if its gonna flop or not

Who wants a link for the ICO? I'm willing to accept non conventional offers (sorry, no espers-tier coins).
The thing is, how do I know that you are going to send the coins? And how do you know I will actually send the link? I guess we'll have to trust each other... email me: [email protected]

Anons please help, do the different MEW addresses on the nano ledger s count as separate wallets? Don't want to send all my eth from the same address so can I just send them from different addresses within my nano ledger s? THANK YOU ANONS PRAISE BASED SERGEY

I'm not really interested but bitbay's double escrow system seems perfect for things like this.

Does the amount of gas and gwei matter at all or can I just use a default amount?

Is this going to be a waste of time aand only the big whales get in? Is it just going to sell out in 10 minutes?

I need to know cause if not ill call in sick tomorrow

Literal retards.

ChainLink is not only the Ripple killer but the version of Ripple that crypto has always deserved. Instead of bending over to serve the banks, ChainLink created a truly decentralized product, and the banks will need to join crypto instead of crypto joining the banks.

Not only does it preform Ripple's single, narrow, and fully cucked use case BETTER -- ChainLink is the first decentralized Oracle that allows anyone to securely provide smart contracts with access to key external data, off-chain payments, and literally ANY OTHER API YOU CAN DREAM UP.

Anyone can now engrain off-chain data directly onto the blockchain in a DECENTRALIZED way and use that data to directly inform trustless smart contracts. This is the skeleton key we've been waiting for to actualize the blockchain in real world use cases.

Whats the price for someone to use this revolutoinary service?

LINK tokens.

I don't know, but you can always just make more wallets in MEW and transfer some ETH to them. Takes about 1 minute and costs about $0.16 each

Whales already got in on presale with massive buys, the smallest package was 100 ETH.

The next tiers being 300, 700, and 1500. The whales are already in.

you sound like an absolute grade A twat

Selling whitelist email with 7 ETH personal cap.
- .5 ETH or 1 XMR
yykqgtaj @ sharklasers. com

OK, time to call in with "stomach issues"

wait what fucking time does it start PST?

So i got the email with my 8 digit code to check against the address provided when the ico begins. My question is where do i find the address im suppose to be checking. Will there website update to have a field in which you enter you email address or something?

I'm unfamiliar with making MEW wallets and can't be fucked learning D:

Hmmm, interesting... I am willing to go through it if the other party is.
Thanks for the info user!

Do they still have the KYC? What do they ask for to verify?

how do i sign up?

"Please submit your interest in participating in our crowdsale by filling out the form on the "Participate in LINK Crowdsale" button on smartcontract.com/link."

theres no 'button' anywhere to be found

nvm im retarded

Its gone now your to late

So I put 3 ETH into a presale pool...No idea what's happening with that shit.

I have a ICO account as well. 7 ETH cap.

Should I go all in there as well?

Is 10 ETH too risky? I have 65 atm.

WHAT FUCKING TIME DOES THE SALE START PST FFS

>Is 10 ETH too risky? I have 65 atm.
How are we supposed to know your risk tolerance? Its completely subjective.

Not until tomorrow m8 wtf are you doing

I'm not going to answer your question and give you the fish, I'm going to teach you to fish. The crowd sale is at 15:00 UTC. Use Google to figure out when that is PST

Can anyone tell me if the different addresses on the nano ledger s count as different wallets? I want to send eth to the ico but i dont want it all coming from the same address incase they don't accept more than 7 eth plz halp

You can buy a link from me: [email protected]

But wait! There's more! You can pay in your favourite (non-shitty) coin!
Order now!

why not just make a new address?

It's 7AM

Make a new address. It's easy as fuck

There are multiple different addresses on the ledger itself but do they all count at the same one? I want to keep it all in one place ideally and I cbf screwing around with risking it with MEW for the first time

I've never used a hardware wallet I have no idea. If you really do have separate ETH addresses on your machine then they'd have to count as different though

Question:

If someone sends me their invite link to use, is there any way they can scam me? If I send eth to the ethereum address in the link will the original person that received the invite get the tokens instead?

No.

I'm selling Chainlink whitelisted accounts, i've 8 accs 0.2 ETH each

Isn't it 8AM?

If what this guy said is true then you could get scammed. I haven't heard any confirmation that it's true though, and I'd guess that it's false. You should check in the slack though that LINK gets allocated to each separate address

Yeah it's 8AM PST, I figured that guy was trolling

I'll buy accounts:
[email protected]

Send me your max caps on each account

seriously what the fuck. Why is nobody asking the important question. Im about to transfer them 7 ETH, how the fuck do I get the coins? they transfer the LINK coins back to myetherwallet?

Yes.

Happy now?

Okay but what exactly does that mean? In English?

Yes. First ICO?

Make sure you have access to your private key and so don't transfer from an exchange like Coinbase. Try myetherwallet. After you send and the ICO ends, within 24 hours they will send you LINK. But you can only access it if you have your own private keys, thus the importance of using myetherwallet or some similar service.

I made 10 accounts for this but will only be using 4. Will sell others.

should I use extra gas when sending my ETH?

i cant come in i grew a vagina!

Yup. Smartcontract is a globally recognized name in crypto so it won't take long for the network effect to take place post ICO.

With already working products and soon to be more and more developed we will see broad adoption of these oracles, all of which require LINK as reparation for the data providers.

More people that use Oracles = more value for LINK.

The demand for off chain smartcontracts that aren't plagued by problems? Massive.

Chain Link may very well be on the road to implementing a solution to this daunting issue of oracles.

So wait. Do I do Coinbase->MEW->EtherDelta->LINK and back?

>80▶
>Okay but what exactly does that mean? In English?

brosephine, allow me to exlpain.

myetherwallet is not an account , its just a site you use to input your wallet information to make tansactions that they send out via their own service.

you have a private key, an address, and a password, guard those. when the link tokens get issued, sergey will go "send this user's address x quantity of LINK", and then its associated with your address. then check your address on etherscan and you'll see them there.

How much GAS limit? Will they send us the instructions? RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm freaking out bros, this is my first ICO.

Email me for that and I'll throw in a little bonus if you commit: [email protected]

I also wanna know this how much gas should i use?

Guys. When sending eth do the tokens get sent to individual addresses or just the first one that sends eth. I'm nervous cuz I got my link from someone else

Why did all you people do this instead of waiting for the crowdsale and doing it yourself in comfort?

When the FUCK are they going to announce what they're going to do about the pools that went over the limit? Fucking waiting on this shit for more than 2 weeks. Why the fuck is there zero communication