Who Wants to Read the Chainlink WhitePaper With Me?

I probably can't get to it for another hour or so.

The ICON thread ended up being hilarious, but other people weren't joining in: We're stronger together, Veeky Forums, and we will get to the moon! Don't give up!

Other urls found in this thread:

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
link.smartcontract.com/terms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here is a link to the whitepaper: link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper

I'm really curious about how they're gonna distribute to node operators.
Will it just be proportional to how much LINK you own? That would be super cozy.

This was a 5 minute skim. So I am only posting these so you read the whitepaper yourself.

>link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper

sounds like being a node operator will require some effort and you get paid according to how good you are at it?

That is all the major info that directly talks about the Token in the whitepaper. I'll be back later to read the entire thing and unpack anything worth analyzing. This isn't a lot to go on.

Read this carefully too: link.smartcontract.com/terms

I'll be back. It seems like the tokens have a very narrow use that needs to be unpacked carefully before making any proclamations.

I'm back. Going to start reading now.

You all need to carefully read this. Chainlink left all the information out there, but it multiple places, making it hard to find and put together. Here is an excerpt from the terms of the purchase of tokens . Also notice that it denies you the right to join a class action lawsuit.

The LINK token isn't part of Chainlinks core business model. I'll tell you how it relates to it once I finish all the reading. This is a very dense whitepaper. The Team also told you this here . Chainlink's core business idea isn't tokenized. You can't buy a coin for it because there isn't one.

huh? wut?

This is really important. The Token is a plan. That plan may change and never be adopted. You have no way to get your money back if that happens.

This all seems a lot shadier than it probably is. No joke: The lawyers probably didn't understand the whitepaper. I am not going to be able to do this tonight. I don't know programmer enough to read this in less than three or four hours, let alone a write up. I do know logic, math, and econ, so i think I can clarify things for you all. Stay tuned. I might need to make another thread tomorrow.

bruh great find, you are saving peoples lives with this.

what is your opinion on coin schedule and their ico information?

Am I missing something or does it seem like it's less a partnership with SWIFT than it is just SWIFT using these guys to develop their own smart oracle. Besides, why would banks and multi-billion dollar companies rely on any joe schmoe with enough money to run a Chainlink node to provide oracle services for them? Help a total brainlet here.

The whitepaper was written by an utlra math nerd with a 150+ math IQ. I'd be able to follow it easier if I had programing experience (working on it). After spending a bit of time, I can confidently say that it isn't as shady as it looks at first glance. And I really think the lawyers didn't understand the whitepaper and threw in all those disclaimers. That isn't to say the token is a good deal at the ICO price. It does mean this is a full days worth just to produce something readable for you guys.

I'll do another thread tomorrow.

I'm skimming it right now. Does anyone know what failsafes will be in place in case a node with stellar reputation turns malicious or is compromised?

The ICO is tmr morning.

Doesn't it last for a while? Anyways, here is what I put in another thread:
"This reminds me about Nassim Taleb (his next book is called this). He pointed out once in conversation that truly revolutionary ideas usually aren't made by people who know how to write a business plan. That also reminds me of a very important lesson I learned early on when I first got into crypto: There are very bad arguments out there for good ideas.

This looks shady as fuck if you take 1 hour to look into it. The more you look into it, the less shady it looks. I'll have to take quite a bit of time to understand the entire system and how the token really works in it. Hopefully I'll get it done tomorrow, but it might take more time."

I already had a few drinks, so I am not getting it done tonight, sorry. My ICON paper is fucking spot on, amazing though, and I did that for you all today.

Thanks you seem really genuine and honest with your approach to writing. I'm a little nervous putting eth into the ico

yolo

But I'm also excited to join looking at sergey's past experience with working on block chain tech

>having drinks when you have work to do

You've failed us user. I'm going all in on this and if I lose my money and kill myself, it'll be because of YOUR drinking problem.

You're right you only live once

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY HAS NO ONE ON BIZ BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS?!?!?!?!!?!?! I HAD NO FUCKING CLUE THE ICO WAS TOMORROW MORNING BECAUSE THERE'S NO MENTION OF THIS COIN ON BIZ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

i mean come on bruh we all know that.

prove it

this

this. op if i kill myself it's you're fault. our lives are in your hands. none of us know better and we need your help

Fine.. correction. You only really remember living once for most people

:)

Sometimes people who aren't absolute morons end up failing spectacularly and/or scamming. Baseline reality is far too radical for psychoanalsysis based on hearsay.

Anyway, see you tmrw

>that last thread
holy shit cringe. I didn't realize /pol/ was as pretentious as Veeky Forums

>Sometimes people who aren't absolute morons end up failing spectacularly and/or scamming
I have definitely learned that. I basically have to learn programming to spot promising companies before others do now. That is the next step. Scams are too prevalent.

I have a high verbal IQ. I loved philosophy when I was younger. I can still quote aphorism from Later Wittgenstein.

The ORACLE is what aggregates the opinions of all sources into a single source of TRUTH.
Chainlink will decentralize the ORACLE contract so that anyone can propose their own ORACLE algorithm.

Where can I read your work on ICON?