Post colonial propaganda

Post colonial propaganda.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Colonial_War
gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb32836564q/date.item
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Haitians
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Painfully accurate. The French were bad at the whole colonialism game as they had a tendency to go native and intermingle with their colonial subjects.

>The French
That's italian propaganda tho.

The knocking up of the local women by the army is how the Roman Empire spread.

It's the Italians making fun of the French.

from top left to bottom right:

1. ARMAMENTS
Here's the right weapon

2. A SOUVENIR PICTURE OF EAST AFRICA

3. (on the sign) Slave women on sale for a price to be agreed upon
AT THE MARKET
"Let's both pinch in, then we can share"

4. CIVILISATION
"Brilliant Taiù, now that they started civilizing us this one came out white!"

Where do you see it's about the french?
also
>Africa Orientale
this is aboutt he italians

It's the work of Enrico de Seta, an italian comics author who drew a series of propaganda pictures aimed at italian troops in Africa Orientale Italiana.
It's actually perfectly in line with how italians behaved, those pictures read like Indro Montanelli's account of his time in the colonial army.

>Indro Montanelli

The same guy who bought a 12yo girl?

Yes, him.

That's how you civilize and uplift the natives, you spread your superior European genes among them

South America is a shithole today because of that

On the other hand you could argue that south america is much better than africa because of that.

South America was already better than Africa before the Europeans came along.

>South America was already better than Africa
Was it? The andean civilizations were likely more culturally developed than west african kangdomz, but aside from that area we're still talking stone age for the most part.

Said the 56% mulatoe countrr

There is a reason if Haiti is the only place with pure Negroes, contrary to degenerates Anglos and Spaniarsds we never mixed with Natives while you produced a Mutt Continent

Blacks are not african to Haiti bro.

Italian Oriental Africa actually gave infrastructures to people that never saw any of it. some of it it's still used.

The Acadians where I live, all having French last names, all claim Native Status. French were race mixing and converting natives like it was a Fresh apple pie.. or a snail pie or whatever your people eat.

this infrastructure meme needs to stop
this applies for all perpetrators, especially french, italian and british

i'm italian and i went to ex colonies for work often, fuck off they basically love us and they treated me like a god

>fuck off they basically love us and they treated me like a god
kek, they just want your money
they curse you when you leave

>ex colonies
ex colony* singular

kek, as if i gave them anything
they basically offered me everything they had, once a local family wanted to give me her daughter for marriage
they were like fascist that idolize mussolini
always saying that with the italian here it was better
Lies? Probably, but i was god on earth there anyway so who cares

Retard, we had more than one colony in Africa

I'm convinced that all French colonialism was, in part, fueled by the power of the dick. It's apparent in every single text from the era describing the colonies: you can't go a paragraph without a description of the delicious, inviting, exotic women of Côte d'Ivoire, Cochinchine, or Polynésia erotic enough to you a full boner in the middle of a dusty archive room. The government totally made use of it, too: they kept a facade of "muh republican empire", of course, but in every poster or official guide for potential colonists, you get images of hot native women. And the Colonial Expositions ? Choke full of them. It was an open secret.

As for the first empire, I don't think there was as much propaganda, but, at first out of necessity and then just because, the French just didn't even pretend to really care about the race of the women they were fucking. If all the Acadians claim native status, it's pretty justified: all converted natives were considered French, and as far as I know there was no legal prohibition against marrying them. And relations with some tribes were great, so they was no problem on their end either. For some more isolated coureurs des bois, it wasn't uncommon to have two or three wives.
In the Caribbean, Haiti in particular, you quickly got huge populations of free mixed people, the children of French owners and Black slaves (born out of genuine affection, even love, or rape). And these free mixed people quickly became the middle class of the Caribbean, often decently educated, sometimes rich. The first thing that happened to a single Frenchman while getting off the boat was getting snatched by a mixed woman, who needed him to get higher in colonial society, and that he needed to even get into that society. You got things like the Code Noir later that tried to regulate it, but still.

"Let us hurry to bury the gold again, otherwise the Europeans will bring us their culture."

"Force of habit"

"Colonial Powers"

The hats are clearly Italian as well.

always gives me a hearty kek

Where can i read more about colonial soldiers sleeping with and having babies with native women?

Whats happening here

so true

Colonial racemixing, most to least:
Portuguese>Spanish>French>Italian>German>British>Belgian

Germans can bant like absolute madmen.

Add dutch after belgian

the level of hypocrisy in this picture

it's from 1899, 30 years after the american civil war ended and 50 years before India would regain its independence

vice, cruelty, slavery, ignorance, superstition, brutality, oppression, barbarism... look who's talking

love knows no colour

What a beautiful Turkish boy!

Caption: “Black and white.”

Although Blacks were generally presented as dangerous savages in Nazi caricatures, sometimes they were seen as victims. Here, a Black is beaten by a Frenchman in the colonies, while another finds himself shivering in the trenches facing Germany.

Caption: “The protector.”

France says: “I can’t help it. Things look black.” The point is both that the military situation looks bad (January 1940) and that France is at the mercy of drunken Black soldiers.

Caption: “Colonial peoples.”

In the top frame, a British soldier commanding a mass of Indian troops wonders why Germany needs colonies. In the bottom frame, a French officer says that Germany does not need colonies since it has no idea what to do with them.

Caption: “French Culture.”

A French colonial soldier has looted and ruined a French woman. Underneath: “Robbery, murder, racial defilement!”

Caption: “The lady is in doubt.”

A British woman is reading a booklet titled Guidelines for Relations with U.S.A. Soldiers. She reads: “...everything you do for American soldiers serves the cause of victory...” She asks herself: “Hmm... What does ‘everything’ mean here?”

Caption: “Our most eager aviation student! He was going to be lynched for killing a White, but was rescued at the last minute.”

Caption: “Black cannon fodder: Look, darling, that’s the best solution to the Nigger problem!”

The poster says: ‘America’s Black sons! Join the Negro army. F. Roosevelt.”

tf why you're WW2 propaganda in a colonial propagnada thread?

I can also see this as backfiring if seen ij the South.

>You mean if I go North, I get a kickass helmet and a gun, and am no longer beaten? SHEEEEIT!

That is Belgium

>CIVILIZ ATION

Woops, wrong pic, sorry. All these Le Petit Journal front pages kinda look the same in a folder. If you're ever curious about French 19th/early 20th century history, it's illustrated edition is pretty much the best crashcourse you can get.

>Colonialism was over in 1933-40's

Some haitians have alot of white admixture though

That is one of the most awesome uniforms I have ever seen.

Jeez man that's terrible but very funny

I find that extremely interesting and would love to see all of those journals. However, as I do not speak french this makes me sad! I wish I could read contemporary journals- you learn so much

follow the numbers

(1961) Men and women of various races, colors and creeds. Living in harmony in equality before the law and the common flag shadow shake: that of Portugal.

"Portugal is not a small country" [1934, by Henrique Galvão]

Portugal saw itself as a unified nation state stretching across several continents. They called it Pluricontinentalism.

In 1960, the United Nations demanded that Portugal divest itself of its colonial empire. And what Portugal responded was: "According to our constitution, They are not colonies, they are provinces."

Did Portugal live up to this ideal?

>The andean civilizations were likely more culturally developed

How so because that seems like a very awfully vague statement.

Haitians have a sizable mullato population as well as some white admixture in the black majority populace.

Nice tale

White guys always take anyone Being nice to them abroad as total idolisation. It's just so hilariously self centered lol.

To some extent.
Dont forget its propaganda.
Portugal supported and was supported by Rhodesia and South Africa.
Back in the 60's there was alot of insurgence in africa so we had a war...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Colonial_War

For Salazar, those territories were created by Portugal and should always remain Portugal.

"Mozambique is only mozambique because its Portugal"

Not even close.

>"Brilliant Taiù, now that they started civilizing us this one came out white!"
Lol he got cucked

These are the Pères Blancs (the White Fathers, or "Society of the Missionaries of Africa", officially). A religious order/society of apostolic life, who was very present in French and Belgian colonial society. Despite it's sometimes anticlerical leanings, the French government welcomed them, and they did a ton of ethnology and general exploration work, while evangelizing. When France started to crack down on slavery in it's territory, they were at the forefront of that, which is what's represented there. I don't know if they really had the military uniform in the field, but they did wear the white Bedouin-inspired robes, and they very often had to defend themselves.

You can find all 1899 issues on the database of the National Library of France here: gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb32836564q/date.item , not sure when the first illustrated one is, though. Maybe you could just google translate the titles, just to get a rough idea ?

Aren't you aware that Haiti granted citizenship to the Poles And Germans who defected the French army?

Thanks to the Polish not the French

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Haitians

Portuguese>Spanish-British>Italian>German>Walloons(no such thing as Belgians)>French

fixed

So he paints his wife black because he is used to bossing African women around and now he can boss her around too?
Shit it's the first time I noticed that sign:
"Dumping rubble and snow is prohibited here"
The caricature is German

The French fucked a lot of blacks you idiot. How this is still up to debate.

Polish Haitians are a small number but the vast number of Haitian mullatos are black-french mixes

>exactly how Paul Kruger got fucked.

Your wish cuck

Haitians are genetically 95% African the 5% comes from the Polish

CIVILIZED.com

Every face in this pic is a reaction image.

Thats pretty accurate
>we need to save you from ze Germans my colonial subjects!
This is exactly what led to Chandra Bose and the Azad Hind.

Reminder : France was so butthurt about Haitians becoming independent and crushing their dreams of a North American empire they made them pay 40 billion dollars (in modern cash) or they’d reinistitute slavery

Yup

The 95% thing isn’t too accurate. While most Haitians are dominately Black, it’s not to a total degree. That 95% probably have a little ounce of French or Polish in them. That goes for my family.

It took 300000 soldiers including 70000 Anglos to beat the 50000 French in Haiti, and we still killed 200000 them of these niggers and race-traitors

>That's how you civilize and uplift the natives
why though

“We” - lmfao, you’ve probably never even left the country. And still, Haiti won what mattered though. The French will forever be known as the empire that lost to their slaves. Stay mad you salty hon hon

95% of Haiti is black the rest of the pop mullatos euros arabs and others.

Let's not forget that that 5% itself is mostly mullato and that there is varying amounts of whit in that 95% black population

His black friend is cute too!

They won but now they're even worse than Africa now, and even other Carribeans hate them

Maybe if France wasn’t so butthurt about people wanting human rights, it could have been a lot more different. Haiti’s history before the French came back in 1825 proves that.

Lol so angry user.
Even if what happened after was a disappointment the fact that they fought for what they believed in and won thus becoming a beacon to many enslaved folk is a great thing and nothing can downplay that.

The first revolution everything was fine but napoleon going back and re enslaving Haiti again even after the compromise from the first war that led to peace and France still owning Haiti.

I can never understand why all the hon hons I’ve encountered are always so angry about the Haitian Revolution. I don’t get angry for Dominicans wanting independence when the government tried to wipe out their culture. Is it so bad to admit they were wrong for having the worst Slave colony in the Hemisphere?

What’s your point?