Gallic Wars Thread

This is my apology for the shitstorm "Try to make the axis win thread"

Anyways, post and talk about the Gallic Wars!

Do we know anything about how Gauls fought?
Did they ever try to imitate the infantry tactics like what the post-Marian Romans were using?

I learned in a historia civilis video that Vercigetorix studied and used the fabian strategy.

He almost won as well.

>almost

the gauls wanted to be Roman

Only two more months until I get my copy of the Landmark Julius Caesar in glorious hardcover bound package. My body is not ready

Julius "Alesian Abolisher" Caesar

Gauls fought without or with little protection, some even naked fought naked, they weren't cowards unlike sissy romans merely Romans were more numerous thanks to their multiracial empire and they also attacked isolated tribes instead of fighting all the Gauls at the same time and place

As for their tactic it was pretty simple, they first throwed their gaison (spear, javelin) then they charged with their cladyos(sword) while sissy romans were cowards hiding behind their shields

Shit it's almost out? Those books are so comfy.

and that's why there are no gauls today

kekd

Keep in mind we know very little.
Gaulish Calvary were reknown in antiquity, and so were their infantry that could afford armor.

From what we know, their were focus in battle was mainly shock. As in charge hard and fast and break the enemies line. Warfare was rather stagnant, the worst case was hoplite warfare which was essentially a pushing contest. Breaking line can be catastrophic and lead to successes against Rome earlier in history since before this Rome deployed a maniple system with thin lines.

This fat faggot can easily kick the ass of every Roman unit.

As some people have already pointed out it seems that the go-to tactic for the gauls was relying on the shock of the charge to break their enemies. As long as the foe could stand its ground during that onslaught they would soon find themselves fighting spent warriors with little in way of armour.

fuck him.

I've been autistically building an elite force of Praetorians for months in game just to massively kill the Gauls. The weak little rats can come at me with 200 men and I will BTFO their asses with just 40.

>Armor and defensive tactics make you sissy
And guess who got slaughtered in the end? I hope you're just baiting.

Yeah it's out in December. I was able to get it for $25 Hardcover in April. Originally it was supposed to already be out, but got pushed to December. Still, I'm looking forward to it since I've read De Bello Gallico but haven't read The Civil Wars

Not to mention Hardcover versions of these books are amazing, since 1000 pages in a paperback is a bit prone to being fucked up.

they had the chiefs with their warrior bodyguard and it seems they elected a overking since the war was going out of control

im sure their picked troops were awful to fight as in any place

These are pretty high quality paperback, my histories and thucydides are standing strong. I wanted hardcover but they were too pricey at the time (I was poor but yearned to learn).

The Gauls were asking for it

vercingetorix a cute