"Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"

>"Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"
>His government doesn't even outlive his children

lol, was Khrushchev autistic?

How can someone be THAT wrong and not be autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0yQg1hS_w
kp.ru/online/news/1737040/
quotationspage.com/quotes/Nikita_Khrushchev/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This a bad post

Well, tell us OP, you are the expert here.

Yeah, I'm on the spectrum and considering doing my final project in history class on autistic world leaders. I've been looking around and Khruschev seems like a clear cut case.

>Khrushchev pounded his fists on his desk in protest as Sumulong continued to speak, and, according to some sources, at one point picked up his shoe and banged the desk with it

He intended it to mean something like "your own working class people will one day rise and kill you of their own volition and we will cheer them on." Still pretty autistic, and it shows just how disconnected the USSR leadership was at the time if they seriously thought that some kind of workers revolt was imminent in the USA.

He was memeing to get the US worked up over nothing and it succeeded big time. He said shit like that all the time just to get a rise out of CIA tryhards.

>muh reich will last 1000 years

Yeah, leaders talk bullshit for propaganda. What do you want them to say? "Yeah, well, maybe we'll survive some time and then collapse or some shit, dunno really."?

>"My country has a much lower standard of living, a smaller economy, and is overall less happy than yours. I may as well just kill myself right here, make my country capitalist, and end the Cold War right now."
Obviously he's going to talk up his own country in negotiations with a hostile power. I think you may be the autistic one here.

>we will bury you

This is a poor translation of a russian proverb, that should be translated as "We will dig you in."

The actual meaning of the phrase isn't that someone plans to kill you and bury the body. It means that someone is going to be ther to help bury you, because your own mistakes and decisions have gotten you killed.

Granted, he's still wrong, but he was trying to say that the decisions made by the US itself were going to be America's undoing.

>"We shall attend to your funeral"

FTFY

>"Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you!"

He didn't say that. Western media misquoted him.

>Mы вac пoхopoним!

But he did? If you want to argue about the translation, it was Viktor Sukhodrev who provided the original translation for the media.

lol

The point is that he still believed the USSR would outlive the USA, which even the most hardline of party members couldn't have honestly believed following the Korean War.

He did say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0yQg1hS_w
1:50

>which even the most hardline of party members couldn't have honestly believed following the Korean War.

Wat. Hell going a little further down the line to the late 60's and early to mid 70's it legit looked like the collapse of the capitalist order was at hand. There was pollution rampant, Tupamero wannabes like the Weather Underground and the SLA were bombing everything, Watergate and Vietnam had just happened, the Oil embargo had caused a colossal recession, shit looked primed for doomsday

>History Channel

Christ, lad, at least use a PRIMARY source

kp.ru/online/news/1737040/

Did you watch the video, fuckhead? Khrushchev's son is a primary source.

>History channel
It has nothing to do with an UN Speech, that's not where he said it.
>"We will bury you!" (Russian: «Mы вac пoхopoним!», translit. "My vas pokhoronim!") is a phrase that was used by Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev while addressing Western ambassadors at a reception at the Polish embassy in Moscow

>Not trusting Viktor Sukhodrev's translation (Khrushchev's personal interpreter) of the events as he was there
>Trusting the History channel's (THE HISTORY CHANNEL) translation of someone who wasn't even there

Holy fuck

"He never told that he would bury Americans" (sic)
2:02

Not Americans, but capitalists.

>Later, on August 24, 1963, Khrushchev remarked in his speech in Yugoslavia, "I once said, 'We will bury you,' and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you,"[8] a reference[citation needed] to the Marxist saying, "The proletariat is the undertaker of capitalism"

quotationspage.com/quotes/Nikita_Khrushchev/

I can see that we are talking about different quotes.

No, communism is a powerful drug. It seems weird and impossible, but many Soviet leaders were hardcore communists and totally believed they were building a better world.

Khruschev and Trotsky were the only ones dumb enough to sincerely believe in communism. The rest were just pragmatic opportunists.

communism is inevitable

>Has existed for Inevitable

Huh?

post sovet honeys itt it's what nikita would've wanted

do you know what inevitable means?

I am in this picture haha

did you move to Russia after the spectating jfk's campaign

MR. KRUSCHEV SAID "WE WILL BURY YOU"
I DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO HIS POINT OF VIEW
IT'D BE SUCH AN IGNORANT THING TO DO
IF THE RUSSIANS LOVE THEIR CHILDREN TOO

Fuck off

Considering his shithole nation crumbled into dust and America became the sole global hegemony, it kind of backfired didn't it? The CIA tryhards won.

So he outright admits that he said "we will bury you"? What is this argument about then.

I've seen sabaton lyrics better than those, why do people like Sting again?

People have different tastes user. Like your mom's pussy tastes pretty good to everybody but you.

I wasn't defending the Soviets, just trying to point out that their country was a pile of crap that Khrushchev covered up with his bluffing rhetoric which the American government took very seriously.

He was the leader of a big country that had lots of enemies. A big part of his job was saying cheesy, inspirational, and overly-optimistic things to motivate the people. There are lots of American politicians projecting wishful thinking about the US being the greatest country in the world and similar memes. It's nothing new.

You managed to respond to a dumb post with an even dumber one.