Post a better historical photo

Post a better historical photo

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J002E3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1999: A divorcing couple divides their Beanie Baby investment under the supervision of a judge. [Reuters]

hehe killme

I will never stop loving this picture

I don't really have better pictures, but gonna contribute anyway

I this these are Detroit slums

Battle of Somme

WW1 photos are amazing just because you can see the pure destruction there. Huge plots of land literally turned upside down and burned,, all of earth turned into mud from constant bombarding, all the plants and wildlife extinguished

Look how far we've come

Pretty mindblowing when you read about how bad artillery barrages really were.
I guess I always figured it was kinda like in war movies where you have a bombs exploding every couple of seconds when it was actually more like drumroll except with explosions.

Lastly, not really that much historical photo, but i think its worth a "hmm"

Hitler btfo

Yeah, imo WW1 trenches were the worst place to be in all of history. Maybe pop culture swayed my mind, but it just seems like literal hell on earth

>living in literal mud holes
>little supplies
>ground constantly shaking
>you can literally splatter to pieces any second
>all your friends and brothers in arms dying around you in massive numbers
>literal rats and plague
>nerve gass
>only time you get out of the trench is a suicidal 200 m run towards enemy guns

There are several other people in the crowd not heiling as well, please stop fetishising this man.

Roma meets modern warfare.

It even looks calligraphic.

another one

I feel like an idiot for asking but just to be clear, the woman ran across the line and the guys on the left are stopping the guys on the right from taking her back?

yes, you got it. you're an idiot though

th-thanks

RUDE

A photograph of the last public execution by guillotine in France. Eugène Weidmann, a murderer, was guillotined on June 17, 1939 at Versailles, France. The following executions then took place inside the prisons.

Molotov Man by photographer Susan Meiselas, Nicaragua, in 1979

The guy who played Saruman in the LOTR trilogy is in that crowd somewhere.

I love the fact that looks like a Pepsi bottle he is throwing.

His jeans and cross are also fun

You're missing out the bit where you're rotated to a back trench after a few weeks and a camp far behind the lines a few weeks after that, before returning to the front line a few weeks after that.

They weren't all standing on the same spot for 4 years.

Kek, I didn't pick up that.

I'm not sure that makes anything the other user listed totally okay, user. Particularly as there was a pretty decent statistical chance you would never see the back trench or the camp far behind it.

There was no nerve gas in WW1. It was mostly Chlorine and Mustard gas.

I like this guy
>yeah, heil, I guess

>that guy on the right

If you needed proof that the fucking Baby Boomers lived life on easy mode compared to today this is it.

This guy became a millionaire selling ROCKS.

There's plenty of multi-millionaire millenials who play Vidya on the internet for a living.

kek

At least that takes some skill compared to selling rocks.

How does it take skill to be a letsplayer?

British woman during the Blitz in WW2

>Hey, Friedrich, I heard your mother was a Jew.

Wat do?

>this is the proudest moment in canadian military history

I guess that makes your mother a jew-lover doesn't it Fritz

Wasn't this the focal point of an advertising debacle a few years back?

>it is harder to push a couple buttons than to be such a good businessman you get people to buy rocks

Overrated

tfw The British told the Canadians the Germans destroyed the memorial, but it turned out Hitler loved the memorial so much he posted an SS honor guard to protect it until 1944 and had a photo op which was sent out to western press agencies to btfo the British lie.

>I for one welcome our new German overlords.

not bad

man's inhumanity to man.

Fresh from Hand to Hand combat Ukraine, 1943

Are they playing duck duck goose?

That was fucked up

Greatest YouTube prank never filmed.

yes actually

Seattle Hooverville

that time Canada got proto nuked by a French ammunition ship.

Pretty much. Guys on left are French forces in West Berlin, other side are DDR soldiers in East. The lady ran across with her kid and the DDR guys are arguing with the French about it.

Everyone's into Landmesser because his is the quintessential star-crossed lovers story. People get off on a good tragedy.

It's probably not even him in the photo given he's a lot thinner and has darker hair in family photos.

>when the militia you're facing off against has better camo than your professional military

Must've been horrible being the first police officer who entered that house. Seeing where that poor child had been kept imprisoned. Feeling the pang of guilt, knowing you had driven by that house countless times in the past and not suspected a thing.

If selfies had been a thing then, he could have gotten all of humanity.

>HAHA YEAH BRO AND WORLD WAR 2 SOLDIERS ONLY FOUGHT 2 DAYS A YEAR WHILE THE HELICOPTER ENABLED SOLDIERS IN VIETNAM TO FIGHT 500 DAYS A YEAR

Why don't you go out and make millions for selling dirt if it's so easy?

I have no idea what the hell you are on about. Calm down and preferably post some good photos.

Not a photo, but historically interesting -- Apollo 12 booster that was supposed to go into orbit around the sun makes a homecoming visit in 2003.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J002E3

Marines and Soldiers in the Pacific usually didn't get that, Japs were fucking everywhere and a Banzai attack pushing the line all the way to the rear echelon was a constant threat

Also, Germans facing the Russians after Stalingrad were fucked

Don't minimize how traumatic war is, just because soldiers weren't in the thick of it every single minute of their deployment.