College Fag vs Trade Memes

Alright Biz, rate my decision.
>in college for second year getting a double major in econ finance.
>taking shitty gen eds completely outside of anything interesting
>found out I can make $50k+ in the trades.
>ohshit.jpg
>thinking about dropping out next semester to become an electricians apprentice.
I have always loved working with tools and such, so I think I would find this tolerable. I think it would be a great way to get ahead financially as well as I would get my education paid for through my apprenticeship. What do you guys think?

50k is the median nationwide.
Electrician apprentice, here

Its a decent job. But its still construction and with that comes the risk of injuries, conditions and other bullshit.

You are more likely to wind up in the hospital by falling off a ladder than electrocution. Both will happen if you are careless.

If you go union, you are more likely to makke dat dere 50k/yr. The contractor even provides you with the required power and specialty tools. Non union contractors won't provide you with shit. They expect all tools to be furnished by the journeyman himself.

Only downside to union is that it soley deals with new construction and remodels. Non union has the service and residential market in it's grasp.

Again, its honest labor. Personally, I plan on going back to school and get an accounting degree.

>accounting
You realise accounting will be completely automated within your lifespan right?

Risking death every day is what makes me feel alive desu, I feel like like a champion when I evade serious injury/death on the job and get it done

But I'm also clinically retarded, so make of that what you will

>get an accounting degree
Don't. This is one of those fields in which automation is fucking imminent.

That guy is obv going to make electric accountants

>make electric acccountats

Automated accounting software already exists, and in a few decades AI accounting will be 100x more efficient and accurate than human accounting.

Wtf is electric accountants

these guys are scared of "artificial" intelligence lol. these bots can't compete with us humans

I turned down a job offer of 80k thinking it wasn't enough
And you're dropping out to get a 50k job?
I thought biz was anti wagecuck

It's artificial """intelligence""", you got quotes around wrong the wrong word

>econ finance

you are going to be a salesman for banks or insurance company with that set. that's what they mostly hire these days. if you like it it's fine.

Was thinking of going back to school for computer science.

>double major in econ finance.
If it's not a top college you might as well drop out.
Only worthwhile majors are ones that are in really high demand, accounting, medicine etc, or the ones from ivy league/other top institutions.

It depends.

Automated accounting factible in America with the new tax reform by Trump, but in a country with a heavy tax imposition (Mexico here) it takes MONTHS to make your anual tax report.

The fiscal system here is so complex and overall cryptic that you HAVE to hire accountans, and every one of them need a software adapted to the needs of their clients.

just to clarify, i'm a programming student, and one of the engineers told us "the accountants are the ones who will make you earn your bread"

>Automated accounting software already exists
Yup, and most of it is basic shit that a middle-schooler could do. Most of the "automated" accounting software is just there to make the accountants job more efficient, they are there to aid accountants not replace them. Anyways, even if accountants get automated they can always go to a different role within finance/business since accountants do more than just accounts.

>if accountants get automated they can always go to a different role within finance/business

Such as?

Consulting, business advisory, financial analysts, financial managers, Risk advisory, risk management etc.

The risk of losing out to automation is the first thing I analyzed before considering it. Im not too worried about it. I doubt AI will surpass the capabilities of a human accountant within my lifetime.

Sure, electrical work will never be automated, but it still sucks at the end of the day. Shit feels repetitious, unless you do service work. Not to mention the fact that your back and knees will go out sooner than a desk jockey's.

The majority of "accounting" isn't even the accounting you think of anymore. As an auditor, most of the hard work is done my programs. I just need to know how to use all of those programs, make appropriate inputs, and bring their outputs together to draw conclusions.
individual taxes, corporate taxes, forensic accounting,

just get ready to be someone's nigger every day. If you can handle that, I don't see a problem with that plan.

Corporate tax is a pretty good one, since it cannot be automated because it requires a lot of human judgement.

>Shit feels repetitious, unless you do service work.
Service still sucks compared to new construction. I'm an electrical worker.

10/10