ZenCash

I'm planning to make this thread every week in order to promote & advertise ZEN.
I've prewritten few posts, will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge afterwards.
Also please refrain from personal attacks since I actually have no energy for that today.

First things first -- Who the fuck am I and why am I shilling ZEN?
I am a small holder & believer of ZEN. I hold about 120 ZEN atm which equals to ~850 USD. I have 3 GPU rigs which I use entirely to mine ZEN.
I shill ZEN because I believe in the product and also I want to get rich. I think it's entirely possible for zen to grow 100-fold over the next two years.
I am not a part of the core team and I do not know all the answers to every question. I mainly do these posts in order to find out what is average Veeky Forums like and if possible to promote ZEN's discord group which is essentially dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oubB-VoFnQk
discord.gg/V4ESVz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what makes it stand out over the top10? over the top100?

What the fuck is ZEN?
In short: ZEN is an anonimity coin superior to any other. In full, read next.
ZEN is a fork of ZLC which in turn is a fork of ZEC which in turn is a fork of BTC.

Why the fuck are there so many forks?
BTC has a simple and obvious problem - lack of privacy. Whilest it could be good to prevent financial crime, fraud and alike, the downsides of not having privacy in many people eyes outweight the benefit. You could name many examples, starting from your family and enemies knowing all of your past, present and future finance, ending with government crackdown & disintegration of human morale as we know it.
And so ZEC was made. ZEC solves privacy by using a genius mathematical concept - zero proof knowledge. In short it allows you to proof something without you having to show a solution: in crypto world that means you could send your funds without telling blockchain how much funds have been sent or who's the recipiet. If you want to know more about zero proof knowledge concept this video is a good starting point youtube.com/watch?v=oubB-VoFnQk
So ZEC solves privacy, what is the point of other forks?
ZLC has been created as a reaction to ZEC's funding model. Back when ZEC was being designed the blockchain needed very real funding - to pay the developers, to pay the marketing, to pay for different conferences and meetings. Said funds were provided by few wealthy individuals(hedge funds), and they demanded a big cut of ZEC - 20% of all mined coins for 5 years. This isn't premine, it is an actual model where 20% of each block's reward gets redirected to investor's wallet. So a lot of people didn't like that, and ZEC has been forked into ZLC which is essentially a full clone but without the 20% cut. Since ZLC didn't have centralized funding it didn't achieve much and remained a complete clone for all important matters.
But ZLC still achieved something - over the years a group of different people with different skillset bundled together in this anonimity coin who wants to push anonimity even further. It was decided to hardfork from ZLC into ZEN and add all the new ideas in ZEN blockchain.

It is a darkhorse winner. Zcash gives 10% of transaction fees directly to the owners for a huge number of years, it is a total scamcoin.

ZenCash and Zclassic are forks basically that use the homomorphic encryption, ZSnarks, etc but with all the scamcoin, owner gets 10% for life stuff cut out of the node source.

Really great coin, very undervalued.

What exactly does ZEN offer on top of ZEC?
- A fully secure network (more on this later)
- Secure nodes reward (think masternodes)
- Community governance
Those 3 alone may seem small to you at first but in fact are very real sleeping giants.
Bonuses:
- Secure messaging (think 1 to 1 chat or a telegram channel with 10's of thousands of listeners)
- Proposal system (go and earn ZEN. have an idea to help network? go and post it, if enough people like it you'll get funded)
- IPFS intergration

So why is this coin not yet number one?
There are a few issues. First and foremost all of the features are in development, they are not live yet. At this moment in time ZEN is a clone with no added functionality. Secure nodes have been in development for two months now and in 1-2 week beta will be announced. This might seem long however I'd argue it is fast and will elaborate on that later.
The second and more real issue is the lack of marketing. There are so many ICOs and inferior coins with much less promise & development having more attention. Core team is entirely to blame for this, they've recently contracted an outside agency for marketing, we will see how it goes.

A elaboration on significance of secure network (this is what makes ZEN unique and promising).
It's hard to adequately describe the importance of this. You've probably heard before that if all internet traffic was encrypted we wouldn't have cyber crime - it is something very obvious to every party but very and very hard to adopt. A good example would be electric cars which are also superior in almost every aspect but mass adaptation is not possible at this point due to the variety of different reasons. So, let's be realistic, short-term and very real goals of this: a fully secure network, every transaction is encrypted & transmitted using SSL/TLS certificates between everyone in the network. This network will be created thanks to secure nodes which will get 3.5% of mining reward for their service. The monetary reward means that we will see thousands of nodes sprung up around the globe which is a lot.

Jesus christ, I even like your coin, but this is not the proper way to shill it.

Get your selling point down to a few sentences, not huge blocks of text. If the people who are interested like the few sentence summary they will simply seek out the whitepaper. Format your shit better. Also ZEC/ZEN/ZLC makes that paragraph very confusing to read, half the time I lose track of which thing you are referring to.

the price seems like to be paired with ZCASH

What does it mean today for you as a user and your privacy? It means that no ISP, government, or any other listening party will ever know that you're using ZEN. It goes in sharp contrast with coins like Monero, Verge, etc. They try to solve network security by adopting TOR or I2P. While those protocols are great, they have one terrible flaw - your ISP/government/whoever knows that you're using TOR/I2P. They will not know what exactly you're doing there but using metadata they can pretty much pinpoint your area of interest. ZEN on the other hand will be indistinguishable from an usual encrypted website (paypal, your online banking, google.com). On top of that it's totally possible to setup ZEN nodes behind TOR as well. By the way, TOR is heavily compromised, however that's not the point of this rant.
What does it mean for tomorrow? Possibilities are quite literally endless. If there are enough nodes online we could see a birth of 2.0 NET.
What does it mean for Snowden? He could've leaked any data in the world using ZEN, to however many parties he wished to, and he would not be compromised (at least not by ZEN, still quite possible to fuck up before reaching this point).
What does it mean for an average chinese? You can use ZEN at any point in time without risk of network blocking you. (currently china blocks all TOR traffic, nothing stops them from blocking I2P too, to block ZEN you'd have to block countless list of everchanging SSL protocols which on top could lead to wrongfully banned legit websites)

so is it the same as in zcash where we have to trust in the initialization "ritual"?

How is ZEN funded?
ZEN is probably one of the most fair coins in this regard.
Currently 88% of coins go to miners and 12% to core team.
Those 12% contain an actual 3.5% reward reserved for core team, 3.5% reward for secure node operators (which will go live soon) and 5% to DAOs (we as community will vote on how to spend this money). Last time I talked with core team they've thinking of dropping core reward completely and trasferring that to DAOs as well once that is ready.
There was no ICO, there are no whales, there was no premine.

You can find more info about zen on zensystem.io
A new website should come online alongside secure nodes release

Here's discord discord.gg/V4ESVz It's pretty dead ATM.

If anyone has suggestions I'm willing to listen. Spent half an hour writing this and got tired, will improve in next tries.

TLDRDB

This was my first crypto "just fuck my shit up moment". This coin is trash

I actually don't know about Zen but ZClassic cut that shit out IIRC. If paid shillbot over here could stop copypasting and actually have a discussion maybe he could tell you since looks like he works for them.

I'm just an believer user, I'd like to improve. I'm not sure what the selling point would be. ZEN beats shit like DASH into dust.

Did you even read my OP? I read slacks and watch their updates, that's it.

I'd like to know the answer to that anons question also if you know or can ask it in their slack for us.

This question

AFAIK yes, there has been a similar initialization and the original keys have been burned. I don't know for sure.

needs more autism and memes

Can do.

Why is the ZenCash discord dead? Just curious my understanding was that the first main fork was ZClassic and then after that went by the wayside everyone from that jumped ship to ZenCash which is supposed to be better.

The coin seems ok, why so little happening with it? Why such a little community?

ZEN is probably one of the most fair coins in this regard.
Currently 88% of coins go to miners and 12% to core team.

LOL yeah nvm this coin sucks. A fork that cuts this shit out is going to win, sorry to say. If I want to pay someone free electricity money I'll just use Zcash.

Devs use slack, so there is no activity/community on discord channel

A lot is happening, check their github. They have one of the most active githubs in crypto. But no marketing whatsoever.

Price speculation a year from now?

if marketing is good and none of devs die/something unpredictable happens 50-100$. secure nodes alone should push price to 20 or 30 since it will be the most profitable master node at release

Zen is my bet for the future.

I am a ZEN miner as well with a 6 GPU rig. I dont want to shill this coin just want to say I will watch on the bleachers and run away when one of these fucktards pushes you off the cliff. Not gonna extend my hand.

These stupid mother fuckers got themselves banned off of bitcoin talk for shilling. Seems like a legit project. Sage.

I've got two miners right now, one on Zcoin and the other switching between Zclassic and Zencash.

Do you think any of the Z coins will face pumps like ZEC in the next few years?

Hey fucko i asked you a question

>Zcoin
Zcoin just pumped today did it not

Do you know how much Zen you must stake for a secure node?

I have zen on twitter also, just endless shilling, they never post anything interesting. I like coin devs with personality. Not just endless garbled advertisements.

what happened to the lead developer who went rogue and threatened to hack zen network a couple months ago?

18 GPU ZEN miner here with great faith in this coin. If you have doubts I recommend watching the dev team's biweekly live streams. They provide an hour long update on everything they've done and what is coming.

I'm talking longterm famalam. Which coin will be 50-100$+ in the next two years and would make me a shitload of money stockpiling it now?

'unironically' this
reading into it myself now though

What's your opinion on Zclassic then, ZENbro?

> Monero, ... try to solve network security by adopting TOR or I2P.

No, that's stupid. You're stupid.

I think it acted like as stepping stone for ZEN. It will continue to exist and follow ZEN's price but I don't see it catching up unless they change it to somehow fulfill a different niche.

I might switch my second miner full time to ZEN soon. Is there any good wallet for ZCL? Eleos is a broken piece of shit in the multiple times I've attempted to use it.

I used eleos for zcl back before the fork and it was working fine on windows. I think that's still your best bet right now. They are actively developing new wallets for ZEN tho including a web wallet (currently live), pc, android and an app for ledger. I currently use swing for zen and it also works fine.

I use swing atm for zen. Think I might try eleos on linux and go from there.

Any other minable cryptos you have your eye on for long term HODLing?

I think I'll be mining ZEN for the foreseeable future. Not sure what else is even worth mining atm. I mined Komodo for 2-3 weeks before ZCL and ZEN when it was about $.3 and it wasn't bad. Still keeping an eye on it because it shows potential but it's not worth it over zen atm. Otherwise I'm still hodling ETH and ETC I've mined last year and 1q this year.