Who nano S here?

Just got mine last week. This thing works like a charm, MEW works perfectly on it. Not worried about getting hacked is priceless. Really glad I've decided to invest in one. If you're thinking about it, get one.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-my-nano-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah I have 2, seed with the second device in a safe deposit box. Another copy of the seed at an undisclosed location. Even though I'm careful with security, this thing helps me sleep at night.

>made in China
user, I ...

Whered you get one? Shits been sold out for months

I got it from their website. Ordered in July, received about 10 days ago. It's a bit expensive,won't lie about that. about 150$CDN shipped.

Dont worry friend, their government is making it illegal to indulge in these activites, theyll never take your cryptos.

They don't ship from their site until mid October, is it safe to buy off Amazon?

I'm not being shitty I promise, but why did you choose that over the keepkey? I'm still using a USB but I'm about to step my security up.

To be honnest, I didn't know about keepkey back then... I'm not shilling for a particular product, I'm sure trezor and keepkey work very well. I've just made the thread for undecided newfags who shake every morning not knowing if their coins are still there.

I shake every night to the idea someone randomly landed on my private key while I was sleeping and stole my coins.

im trezor

That was a long wait but so worth it, nice buy. Now fill thing with bitcoins and buy the other wallets for a comparison.

I think we all do, I keep my coins split across multiple keys.

As for the trezor/ledger shit, why the fuck would I want to drop $150 on a USB? Can someone explain this shit to me?

I just bought a 64GB usb for $25, why not buy like 10 8gb USBs for $10 and store them safely instead?

would you trust this thing with 5 million dollars?

Ledger Nano S allows you to have a cold wallet and hot wallet simultaneously. Your private key never leaves the device. Transactions are signed on-device with your confirmation. It is more than a USB flash drive.

A friend of mine with 8900 ETH (~$2.5m) trusts it with his balance.

the chip that does all the crypto shit is made in france. you think every bank, business or gov that needs secure hardware is going to trust a bunch of fucking chinks?

hide your 5m five different ways. 1m on nano, 1m on trezor, 1m paper wallet etc

goddamn you're retarded aren't you... They aren't just USB's, you can plug it into the most fucked up, malwared up computer there is and make a transfer, and still nobody can steal your shit.

keepkey is the same as trezor just with worse support and less compatibility with alts. ledger uses a chip thats hard to physically break into, which gives you time to move your coins if you notice its been taken.

with a trezor or keepkey you can extract the keys in a couple of minutes since its just a normal chip. thats how i understand it anyway, correct me if im wrong.

does that mean you could stake coins while they stored on the device

Yes.

oh and you need a secure computer with a trezor because you cant put a password in directly like you can with a ledger, so if you want a second layer of security over your 24 words malware can see what your password is on a trezor but not a ledger.

when I ordered they said they wouldnt ship until the end of september but i've already got it . think they're just under-promising so people won't complain.

i prefer my trezor desu if for nothing else other than aesthetics

Did any of you guys open up your ledger to make sure it wasn't chink'd or nsa'd during shipping? is it easy to do so without breaking anything if you did?

its like a little usb stick, how would you do that... and even if you did how would you know

I've thought about it, but my issue is that there's only a limited number of types of coins you can store. I wouldn't be able to store almost all the altcoins I own, for example, like MCO and GAME.

never mind, apparently it is doable

support.ledgerwallet.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-my-nano-s

It should be relatively easy to verify but there's no point. The ledger firmware is tamper safe. If you trust the Ledger company it won't matter as the desktop end of the device does a firmware check. You'd need to have both the ledger magically compromised by the NSA and your desktop / any desktop you use.

MCO is an ERC20 token. All tokens work with the Ledger using MEW.

Yeah' i had some UBQ and noticed I can't stor it on my ledger.. oh well. At least, most of my portfolio is supported.

How does it work with MEW? are the tokens stored on your ledger's ETH adress and you simply use MEW to load the tokens? Do erc20 tokens have their own private key or is it ETH's private key? Sorry not very good with technicalities.

You should not be investing if you don't understand how ERC20 tokens work.

Where are you sending your tokens? How could you not know they're tied to your ETH address since you receive them there?

Unless you're keeping your money all on an exchange, in which case you have worse things to worry about.

I'm trying to learn everyday, that's why I ask questions.

I've sent my my erc20 tokens to a MEW wallet that I registered through my ledger. Token balances are all up to date. I've moved low amounts to make sure everything is in order.

Why? Because some kike told you that is still somehow safe?

You're a fucking moron.

You're an idiot.

It's not a fucking flash drive with a plain read/write filesystem. It's a separate computer that talks to your computer over a USB cable. It doesn't tell private keys to your computer no matter what. Your computer asks it to sign a transaction to an address, and the device shows a confirmation on the screen and waits for the meat-person using it to physically push a button on it before confirming. When the button is physically pressed, the ledger signs the transaction and then gives the signed transaction to the computer. Malware on the computer has no chance to steal private keys or generate its own secret transactions.

>Absolute massive retard detected...

your the moron for not doing any research on it.

You're*

this. even if your computer is totally fucked, the display on the screen tells u how much are you actually signing.

Ledger advantage was cost. The frogs fucked up supply and now cost mooned. Trezor better device but looks gay in white. Matte Black Trezor looks cool has better support and is better because all 14 y/o sheep are not jerking off because there overpriced meme device shipped. Money Skeleton uses Trezor.

Yes I opened mine to verify, you just need a small flathead screwdriver to pry the plastic open.

no chinks hiding inside?

It was like a goddamn chinese clown car.
>pic related

I got one but for some reason the Chrome app can't detect it (using Windows).

I was initially so hyped for this but tresor is much better. I have both. The limitation on having only sommuch wallets sucks. You can't have this be your go to shit coin walllet.

I don't put shit in my wallets, only money.

So whats wrong with having my address and private key written down/logged somewhere safe.
This device can fuck up just like any other device
Nice shill nano S fags