What does your family We Wuz?

My family "We wuzzes" being Malagasy, it was until two generations ago apparently very strong among particular families.
___
My guess is because so many sold were the victims of their kingdom's destruction by the Imerina and Sakalava rulers and many still maintained notions of royalty/superiority when faced with being perceived as "mainty" or mainland black african in the US.

There's a whole list of people one that I've seen pop up is Frederick D. Gregory the first black person to pilot and command space missions (he was invited by the Malagasy government to see the royal palace because of his "We Wuzzing" story)

Other accounts from the early 20th century.

>"My grandma came from Virginia . . . When my grandma died she was one hundred and ten years old. She said she was a Molly Gasca negro. That was the race she belonged to. She sure did look different from any the rest of us. Her hair it was fine as silk and hung down below her waist. The folks said Old Miss was jealous of her and Old Master. I don't know how that was."

>A curious case based upon this diversity of Negro peoples came to light some years ago in a criminal trial in the Delta. A Negro woman stabbed a Negro man. Her reason was that he had called her a “Nigger.” “I’m no nigger,” she said. “My grandma told me not to let nobody call me no nigger. I’m a Molly Glasser and an ink-spitter.”

>Upon examination it developed that she was descended from the tribe of Malagasi. They were a strong and superior people who themselves had owned slaves. They were betel-chewers and expectorated black. Unfortunately, the law does not recognize distinctions of this kind. The descendant of the Malagasi went to jail."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitley_Hall
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overmountain_Men
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ferguson
youtube.com/watch?v=6EUB-_0bk1w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Vann
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My dad's side did some mild wewuzzing as part Native Americans, but 23andme called bullshit on that.

My father's side wewuz being Finnoswedish nobles, my mother's side wewuz being related to Nicholas II of Russia and his family.

I'm Ethiopian and we-wuz about our supposed connections to the Israel/Solomonic Dynasty and having the ark.

We wuz pilgrims. Did have family on the mayflower though.

you're Ethiopian, you don't even need to wewuz. You already have a really cool history.

Ayo hol up so you b sayin I was italian merchant/portuguese explorers and shiet?

No wewuz at all.
100% Peasant on both sides.

We wuz Scottish, Irish, Flemish, the list goes on

We Wuz Lords

I might try and reconquer my ancestral home though

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitley_Hall

My family wewuzzed as Bosnian.

>great great grandma left somewhere undisclosed in her records in the USSR
>she dies while giving birth to my great grandpa
>his dad was supposedly a Catholic Russo
>turned out to be Ukrainian
>fast forward to my mom
>she says we're Bosnian because she has a name common in Bosnia
>Me and my brother do a DNA test
>Turns out we're predominantly Ukrainian

I wewuz as a Norman because my Sicilian grandparents had blue eyes.

My mother's family comes from a village in the dalmatian hinterland but she and most of her extended family are more fairer than the rest of the village who are more olive skinned Mediterranean, she says growing she would hear her great grandparents make claims they came from Scandinavia to the balkans. I did a bit of research and my mother's surname has the highest density not in the village she is actually from but from a much more smaller and remote one outside of the capital. The surname itself seems more Hungarian as well. Never did bothered with genetic testing new but I probably will eventually.

i'm mexican, and the only we wuzzing is that my parents say we wuz sephards

Anyone wewuz themselves? I identify as a ethnic black American of Malagasy descent.

23andMe confirms that I descend from Malagasy, specifically one woman who my father knew and loved until 100.

Her mother lived to be 110 and thus my grandmother knew and bonded with her Malagasy ancestress who was enslaved.

Kinda spooky desu.

The most common one here in Australia is "we're anything but English."

My family are Irish but my dad wewuzzes being German. Supposedly his grandfather had a German-sounding surname which may be linked to refugees from the Rhineland who came to Ireland during the War of the Spanish Succession.

>Anyone wewuz themselves?
How do you wewuz yourself?
Wouldn't that mean you become king and then go around and tell everyone how you're king?

Like if Obama would go around going "we wuz presidents n shiet" or Trump would go around being "we wuz millionares n shiet".

My family WeWuzzes as Assyrians, did some research and found out my Middle Eastern ancestors were actually Sephardic Jews from Aleppo lol

Well people go "WE WUZ NDN 'N SIIIIID" all the time and people say it's wuzzing, so if you in fact say are part native American and own it rather than ignore it.

My father family say WE WUZ SOGDIANS
And they fucking right in something

We wuz sigurd the dragonslayer n shiet!

My mom wewuzzes as 420% bure Norwegian Viking
And my dad claims to be Anglo-Danish
They got a DNA test a while ago and my mom was only 7% Norwegian and my dad’s “English” side was 100% Celtic

My mom's side really likes emphasizing their Portuguese heritage, saying "us Portuguese are like this," or "Portuguese girls are like that," even though her mom left Portugal as a newborn and neither my mom nor any of her siblings speak a lick of Portuguese or have ever lived there (the closest they've come is having a mutually-owned vacation house in Madeira).

We wuz Overmountainmen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overmountain_Men

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Ferguson

"On 7 October 1780, the two armies clashed during the Battle of Kings Mountain. The battle went badly for the Loyalists positioned high on the mountain ridge, and during the fighting, Ferguson was shot from his horse. With his foot still in the stirrup, he was dragged to the rebel side. According to Rebel accounts, when a Patriot approached the major for his surrender, Ferguson drew his pistol and shot him as a last act of defiance. Other soldiers retaliated, and Ferguson's body was found with eight musket holes in it. Patriot accounts said their militia stripped his body of clothing and urinated on him before burial. They buried him in an oxhide near the site of his fall."

tfw literally pissed on eternal anglo

Are you me...?

>Greek heritage
>Go to a Greek festival
>Good food and music
>Go to the Orthodox Church basement to check out the "history exhibit"
>Ancient Greek History
>WE WUZ SPARTANS and SHIT
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=6EUB-_0bk1w

You're in good company

>When Albanian appropriation of Greek culture goes too far.

my dad's family wewuzzed that too, because of some old family rumor. then did a DNA test and it turns out that we're not even related to that family but were probably adopted.

mom's grandparents came from ireland and that turns out to be completely true. went to the old ancestral home once, it was just awful and sad. glad they left desu.

Let me guess, he's a nigger instead? A lot of the "Cherokee" admixture is in fact a masked black admixture.

Kosovo, give it back

Tons of people say the test is wrong and ask there money back when they find out they are part black.

>be me, born in Cyprus
>papa be like, wewuz olive oil merchants and shit
>be me, afraid of being Törk subhuman
>papa reassures I am not as there was an alleged rule that the Greeks weren't allowed to mix with Törks on the Island
>mama says I am from noble Serbian house, shows me book my granddad made with family tree and heritage.
>wewuz lords, mountain guerrillas 'n shieet
>DNA test says i'm mostly from Greek (epirus), Slavic, Egyptian, Phoenician

>tfw I wuz actually kangz

>Family wewuzzes Portuguese and German
>Go on 23andme
>I'm actually fucking Shqip

Bro

My father's family is wh*Te hispanic, me mum had red hair but she was definitely mixed.

I ended up with red-brown hair and brown skin, really fucking weird looking. My brothers are all light skin, I feel like I lost the genetic lottery.

Also my bros got respectable names lke Michael and Gabriel, I got Raul. I feel like my parents were playing pranks when it came to me.

One of my Native American ancestors was possibly the richest person in America at the time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Vann

finns, but grand-grand parents were finns (Swedish now)

My mum is somewhat of a ouiboo, shes a teacher, speaks French and paints

According to 23andme we're 16% French so it's okay

Mother's side of the family we wuzzes as Banu Hashim (Prophet of Islam's family/clan)

We was vikangz. Scottish family. Probably accurate given 26% Scandinavian DNA. Predominantly though, we was Irish (56%).

Getting 0% English on my test was a relief.

Why?

One I've seen is "black" people who are really white and Amerindian.

I'm just bantering. It was a "relief" because of the Anglo memes. I got something from everywhere except there.

Pretty surprising for an Australian, does your family have a lot of recent migrants?

From one side yes, from the other no. Both sides are mainly from Scotland, but one goes through Australia and NZ maybe 5 gens back, the other one gen. Got a tour of Europe and possibly some North African, except for England.

No wewuzing, everytime some family member tries to talk about how wonderful it is to come from spain like my family was nobility, my dad always shuts them up and reiterates that my family were stone masons and peasants apart from that one dude who who was the administrator of Segovia's juderias and that my family had to leave spain because the Civil War was bad for cattle bussines

are you chilango? because the majority of mexicans I see that larp as sephardies are rich chilango families

>tfw my dad We Wuz Sir Henry Morgan family because on his mother side
>tfw I had to break the news and told him we aren't related to Henry Morgan but his brother's kids.
>tfw his heart actually shattered hearing this
He also says we wuz first Americans, and that we wuz normans and neanderthals. How do I stop my dad from we wuzing all the time?

In theory you are indeed related to Morgan because his brother shared the same dna thanks to both having the same parents

We wuz exiled Huguenot nobility n shiet. Turns out our ancestors were just boring, german farmers like many others.

But it's not the same as saying we're the actual living relatives to one of the, if not the greatest pirate of all time.

but you are even if only by a technicality, not saying your pa' should wewuz as pirate lord and shit but technically he is not wrong

I know he's not wrong, but he's still heart broken that we are by a techincality.
>wewuz as pirate lord and shit
But that's family line though.

My father has claimed many exotic ancestries through my grandfather on his side. He was Spanish but I've heard over the years he was also Basque, Moroccan Jewish, Arab, Berber and probably every other ethnicity that lives in the general area of Spain.