INDIA BC

INDIA BC

>Best sanitation system amongst its peers
>Invented Kamasutra, a systematic book guiding mankind how to have pleasurable consensual sex
>Prosperous kingdoms
>Advanced medicinal techniques
>Proper agricultural systems
>Architectural masterpieces laid out everywhere
>Renowned and respected throughout the world

INDIA TODAY

>shitting on the streets because they think building a toilet in their homes is "dirty"
>Use Social Media to sexually harass white women, also rape their own countrywomen like literal savages
>Poverty keeps on rising day by day
>Public hospitals allow rats to chew out a woman's eye, Private ones overcharge the fuck out of everyone to even observe the patient
>Farmers commit suicides/genocides every day
>Old monuments have "PINKY LOVES PINKU" written all over them, ruining them entirely
>Made fun of by literal autists on Veeky Forums

How bad have they fallen? IS there any chance of them recovering?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.co.in/books?id=FduG_t2sxwMC&pg=PA190&lpg=PA190&dq=Aurangzeb levied taxes on Hindu merchants&source=bl&ots=oB7CXi8_jU&sig=0j_ngj7f-EG9pS7wRGcTcC5kCOw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CE4Q6AEwCWoVChMIp8vfk-nLyAIVC3KOCh2JHQYM#v=onepage&q=Aurangzeb levied taxes on Hindu merchants&f=false
books.google.co.in/books?id=sxhAtCflwOMC&pg=PA260&lpg=PA260&dq=aurangzeb on dismissing hindu officials&source=bl&ots=UILXXYHenD&sig=P0p47pC-lRLhfsXl94jWP0oplSM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBsQ6AEwADgKahUKEwjHhcyT6cvIAhWKGY4KHWOjAss#v=snippet&q=261&f=false
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>discussion about the history of a nation
>not Veeky Forums

are you by any chance, retarded?

It could be done but it is tough as fuck at this point. They don't have any unity at all. The downfall of India started as soon as the Mughals invaded imo.

Pajeet here. India was always like this. It's like how when discussing the glory of Roman civilizations people don't bring up all the slaves and the subjugation of the barbarian tribes.

Ask specific details and I'll answer.

Pajeet 2 here.

Nah, I believe the slavery started during the medieval period (that too in select kingdoms). The period BC wasn't like this at all.

I didn't mention slavery in India, Pajeet 2. Of course, the modern form of slavery that India is notorious for has always existed, bonded labour and serfdom.

Do you think you can pinpoint the exact moment in history when the country got sabotaged?

India as a nation-state has only existed for the past 150 or so years. And it has been under independent rule for only 70 odd years.

Until the British conquest and concomitant unification, the Indian subcontinent was similar to Europe in the numerous kingdoms and empires that populated it.

So, really, things were pretty much as they are now. I think the British did fuck us up quite a bit especially by causing famines of genocidal proportions, but really, but that didn't really effect the Indian subcontinent as a whole.

There really is known saving us. Even people in Indus Valley times had mostly better living standards than we do now.
> bonded labour and serfdom.
Never as much as it does now.
>when the country got sabotaged?
Latter Jahangir and Shah Jehan eras. South India is better off because they managed to escape their poison.

>>Never as much as it does now
Do you even know what the caste system is about and how it worked in agricultural societies?

>Latter Jahangir and Shah Jehan eras. South India is better off because they managed to escape their poison.
wtf, that's bullshit.

India was united culturally and religiously. It was the muslim invasions who were quite nearly destroyed India.

The Brits at least brought us modern civilization. The muslims only brought death and destruction. The greatest crime of the British, in the end, was interrupting the Maratha reconquista and preventing the genocide of all the muslim invaders in the subcontinent.

>but really, but that didn't really effect the Indian subcontinent as a whole.
>Destroying the Indian textile industry so they could import their own manufactured goods is nothing
Kys.

Are all Indians smarter than white bois, or do only your best and brightest come to Anglo countries?

The textile industry died because hand weaving cannot compete with mechanized weaving.

>inb4 some misinterpreted statistic about the share of the global gdp.

Very caste dependent.

>India was united culturally and religiously
>It was the muslim invasions who were quite nearly destroyed India.
I would have taken this for sarcasm if I didn't know about the retardation that exists in Hindu nationalist circle. How old are you btw?

You don't know shit, stop replying to me.

The cream of the crop. So that is 10% of the 1% which is like 1 million people

It is actually more complicated than that. The Brits made a concerted effort to dismantle the Indian industry to enable imports to take hold, but he is retarded to think that had a lasting effect on the country as a whole

South India pretty much avoided most of the invaders, they really were lucky and strong.

Sadly, yes. There are countless moments in history where the invasions could have been stopped.

The one that prominently comes to my mind is Prithvi Raj Chauhan sparing Muhammad Ghori's life twice. Ghori later went on to become one of the biggest influencers of Islamic rule in the southeast regions of Asia and several parts of India as well.

>I would have taken this for sarcasm if I didn't know about the retardation that exists in Hindu nationalist circle. How old are you btw?
24. Also I'm not particularly nationalist. I'm just historically literate.

>India was united culturally and religiously. It was the muslim invasions who were quite nearly destroyed India.
The Delhi Sultanate isn't comparable to the Mughals who were pretty lax (until Aurangzeb)
>The Brits at least brought us modern civilization. The muslims only brought death and destruction. The greatest crime of the British, in the end, was interrupting the Maratha reconquista and preventing the genocide of all the muslim invaders in the subcontinent.
Another facebook tier POV. The Marathas allowed the Mughals to remain power in Delhi after taking over because a feudal system government doesn't work and people respected the Mughals more than the Marathas despite it all.
>reconquista
lel

Also, daily reminder that the biggest plague in India, and in third world countries in general, is overpopulation. The introduction of modern medicine post ww2 was THE biggest mistake which quite nearly destroyed India's chances at development, and has already completely destroyed any hope Africa had of pulling itself together.

>I would have taken this for sarcasm if I didn't know about the retardation that exists in Hindu nationalist circle. How old are you btw?

user is not completely wrong though. There was a period before the invasion of Islamic rulers when India was united culturally and religiously. Though, islamic rulers did not harm the country as much as the Brits did. But they did forcefully convert a lot of hindus which is one of the key elements dividing the country today.

>The cream of the crop.
>this meme again

So how come China is so much better than India Pajeets?

IKR LMAO

>taxi drivers
>general shop owners
>best india has to offer

user is absolutely retarded

>Do you even know what the caste system is about and how it worked in agricultural societies?
Dailts had it bad but they never really the vast majority of socities. The majority were shudras and religiously they had a obligation to the kshatriya's just like they did to them.

India couldn't recover post-independence. Solely because of the cultural division it got thrown into because of the partition and assassination of Gandhi. China and Japan are comparatively culturally homogeneous so the folk can relate and work together for a better nation. We are busy fighting religious wars and the dawn of new liberals with their first world problems isn't helping either. The more the diversity, the deeper we sink, it's simple.

>The one that prominently comes to my mind is Prithvi Raj Chauhan sparing Muhammad Ghori's life twice
What the fuck, they battled twice. And no one spared any one, Chauhan was at the extremities of his kingdom the first time and did not want to pursue the routing Ghurid forces.

>historically literate
>throws around terms like "nearly destroyed", "genocide"
Fuck, historically literate doesn't even mean what you think it means.

>until Aurangzeb
That's nothing more than a Hindu meme. Aurangzeb was the same as other mughal rulers.

>The Marathas allowed the Mughals to remain power in Delhi
You are somewhat correct. Marathas supported a particular Mughal pretender but they got BTFO by Durrani

>culturally and religiously
Not true. Read up on the divides

>But they did forcefully convert a lot of hindus
Again, that's just a Hindu meme. The highest concentration of muslims in India is in the coastal parts down south and in the east, places where the mughals never had domain over.

The Islamic rulers were like Rurik and his ilk in Kievan Rus, there legitimacy to rule and a lack of mutiny depended on their being equitable and fair to all. The Islamic rulers regularly gave grants to temples and Jain monasteries.

They did wreck the shit out of the Sikhs but that was for political reasons.

By cream of the crop I was referring to people like Nutella, Pichai, Ro Khanna, the motel owners and taxi drivers are run of the mill Indians

You don't know shit. Give me your sources, which books on Indian history have you read?

It must suck to be you on 4chins. To /pol/ you'll just be a curry muncher who shits on the streets and here you'll just be laughed at for your ignorance of how the world works.

Also

>superpower by 2020!!!!!

Brit here, I hope you pajeets drown in your own sewage you'll never have india how we had it. Enjoy getting spearroasted by the two muslim nations on your subhuman doorstep.

Hate to agree with this cunt but it's true. Cannot see a bright future ahead for our country. Fuck britcunts.

>Aurangzeb was the same as other mughal rulers.
He increased the taxes of non-Muslims to be nearly twice as much than Muslims. How is that even comparable?

> Marathas supported a particular Mughal pretender but they got BTFO by Durrani
Both pretenders got BTFO'd.

>But they did forcefully convert a lot of hindus
Another meme. Most Muslims converted properly in Mughal era. Before they just integrated their Islamic beliefs within Hinduism.

I don't think I was wrong at all desu. This is a genuine problem faced by our country. Everyone is too busy pointing fingers at each other, the only day everyone unites in the country is when there's a fucking cricket match against Pakistan. Hindu girls get raped by Muslim men and Muslim men get killed for eating beef by Hindu men. Christians are frowned upon and Jains are laughed at. Liberal students urge for a divided nation and conservatives urge for extremism. It's doomed lmao

>run of the mill Indians
Iirc Singapore has a lot of "run of the mill indians" who came as laborers and are successful today.

Nah, it's the same as it was then. We are the new Brits and get to enjoy the fruits of labour of the poor masses. Plus, unlike you, there is no opposition to us since we are brown too.

>He increased the taxes of non-Muslims to be nearly twice as much than Muslims
What the fuck. He didn't raise the tax, he reinstituted it. It was levied as per income. The poor, disabled, brahmins and those working for the administration were exempt. And it's percentage was 3-5%.

The Hindu rulers had a similar tax for Muslim subjects.

That state of affairs only exists in your head, unfortunately

Here are the new masters, same as the old ones, , your even deeper down the hole than I.

>That state of affairs only exists in your head, unfortunately
>denying actual fucking events that have happened not long ago

What the fuck is wrong with you user?

>Here are the new masters
yes..

I rely on evidence and credible sources. Go through the entire thread and see if you can find anything that is disputable. You on the other hand make gross generalizations and talk without basis.

Look at your post here this is embarrassing to look especially on a board for discussing history. It tells everyone that you have no idea of history or any general awareness.

The same as everywhere, really. As long there isn't something like a communist revolution, we're pretty cosy in our holes

>if you can find anything that is disputable
I still believe the downfall of India came with Shah Jehans lax rule and Aurengzebs hardcore one which cracked the empire.

>downfall of India
Nigga, there was no India back then. But that's a valid point, had the Indian subcontinent been under unified rule it would have been harder to conquer, but it would have happened eventually. See: Japan and China

OP here, fucking great thread lmao.

Though, what is stopping India from becoming a developed country like China/Japan?

>What the fuck. He didn't raise the tax, he reinstituted it. It was levied as per income.

books.google.co.in/books?id=FduG_t2sxwMC&pg=PA190&lpg=PA190&dq=Aurangzeb levied taxes on Hindu merchants&source=bl&ots=oB7CXi8_jU&sig=0j_ngj7f-EG9pS7wRGcTcC5kCOw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CE4Q6AEwCWoVChMIp8vfk-nLyAIVC3KOCh2JHQYM#v=onepage&q=Aurangzeb levied taxes on Hindu merchants&f=false

China didn't conquered barring the Mongols and other steppenig nomads. They had their asses kicked but ultimately it was unfeasible due to how populated they were and that they couldn't really be divided.

And Japan is a singular nation that fought itself for most of history.

>Though, what is stopping India from becoming a developed country like China/Japan?
Time imho. Even then it'll never be quite as developed as a whole but it'll be livable hopefully.

* didn't get

That's exactly what I was saying, what is your point?

>Though, what is stopping India from becoming a developed country like China/Japan?
Let's take a look at how these countries developed, feel free to correct me, I'm a little ignorant of modern East Asian history.

>Japan
>period of massive industrialization after the Meiji reforms
>removal of social inequity be abolition of samurai class, allowing non-samurai to carry last names and creating an army of general citizenry
>constitution re-written under American admin after WWII
>administered by the US until 1952
>industrial production helped Japan attain dominance and its population had stagnated by the time the bubble burst

>China
>Monarchy subjugated by Brits
>Commies come into the scene
>Cause widespread slaughter during the cultural revolution, and massive famines after collectivization of land
>institutes a one child policy
>massive industrialization that relies on cheap labour

India missed the shift from agriculture to industrialization. The mass suffering caused by such a shift would not have been tolerable in a modern nation state unless it was an autocracy like China.

70% of India, thus still relies on agriculture. The Indian economy has now shifted to services which employs only a minority of people leaving the rest in the lurch

What the fuck man, it was the Mongols who unified China. Hear of the Manchu/Jurchen, Song, Xia, Xinchiang/Uyghurs, Tibetans?

>it was the Mongols who unified China.
You fucking retard. The Mongol era is often referred to as a dark era for Chinese.

Wrong link:
books.google.co.in/books?id=sxhAtCflwOMC&pg=PA260&lpg=PA260&dq=aurangzeb on dismissing hindu officials&source=bl&ots=UILXXYHenD&sig=P0p47pC-lRLhfsXl94jWP0oplSM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CBsQ6AEwADgKahUKEwjHhcyT6cvIAhWKGY4KHWOjAss#v=snippet&q=261&f=false

>and has already completely destroyed any hope Africa had of pulling itself together.
You're full of shit. The overall conditions in Africa are improving every year, regardless of your cherrypicked failed states.

Not who you're responding to but it is only improving for stable states like Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Rwanda, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia.

The Sahel region (Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Chad) is stagnant.

Then there is Ethiopia and Eritrea, the former witnessing widespread civil unrest and the latter losing a significant proportion of its people every year

And shit is quite fucked for CAR, South Sudan and Cameroon

So a mixed bag, really

>Also, daily reminder that the biggest plague in India, and in third world countries in general, is overpopulation
It's been going down for a while.

It's trending upwards for all of Africa, even places like the CAR and Somalia. It's such a back-and-forth situation in the bad areas that it doesn't look like it.

Nothing he said was /pol/ tier, India is actually like this today

yes, it is also one of the biggest producers of food, has a sophisticated industrial base and makes strides in renewable and nuclear power.
Like the user in the thread above said, subhuman peasants were irrelevent in the scheme of things then. Right now they are under the delusion that their provincial mud eating is the real face of india.

its at TFR as of 2014 and Major cities have rates of 1.1

They worship 6 legged pink elephants. hard to take them seriously.