How do you break this siege?

Turn around 360 degrees and walk away

When i'm fighting Caesar? I don't.

There is no way out of siegeception

Just set fire to the shitty wooden walls during the cover of night

Surround them with another wall.

>a roman relief army comes and surrounds you with another wall

What now?

Didn't the Arverni have numerical superiority?

Build another wall to protect from the relief army

I would have been more pro-active and intercepted their clown-tier fortifications with a straight counter-wall. Guess the Queen of Bithynia forgot to read Thucydides; nothing personal, kid.

Eat the civilians.

Surround the fortifications, give everyone ladders so that Romans have to guard every spot, with the constant threat of intrusions.

Then build a few siege towers that are higher than the fortifications, amass some forces at that point, throw burning things on the Roman fortification at that spot and shoot the Romans with missiles. Once that spot is burned and the fortifications heavily damaged or destroyed, go in with your superior numbers and defeat the Romans inside.

Dig tunnels

Build another wall, dipshit

It doesn't work like that

>The food supply of the population of Alesia and the 80,000 soldiers it hosted could not last long. Vercingetorix ordered all the grain to be brought to him and rationed it.[27] The Gauls held a council and it was decided that the old and the sick should leave the town. The inhabitants of the town sent out their wives and children to save food for the fighters, hoping that Caesar would take them as captives and feed them. However, Caesar forbade their being admitted to his fortification.
Were they accepted back or they died there?

They starved or otherwise died in no mans land between the opposing forces.

>However, Caesar forbade their being admitted to his fortification.
What a fucking asshole, he could have just let them through, he didn't have to feed them...

cry harder, gaul

Vercingetorix could have surrendered.

Wait until Romans run out of food.

What if there were spies among them? Would the gauls accept starving romans?

Not with that attitude

A tank offensive

Sally out and attack while my ally was attacking from the other side instead of sitting around. Ffs how did they not notice the attack? They were on a hill.

I remember studying Alesia at school when I was 7 (I'm French and they used to teach about Gauls and shit in early school, but it has been replaced with Muhammad and the goods and of islam now)

I don't remember much from it but I remember seeing a picture about all the traps in the history book and thinking I wouldnt have wanted to be there

>but it has been replaced with Muhammad and the goods and of islam now
Really?

>Really?
No, not really..

Why not?

the romans had more food than the people in the city so the outside forces couldnt starve out the romans without letting their king and his royal army starve to death, they had to attack or the half their army would starve to death, then the romans would just turn around and break whatever was left. What the gauls did was all they could have done at that point, caesar was just a tactical monster and absolutely would not let his army get surrounded, the battle looks more like a total war game than an ancient battle by how effectively caesar was able to drag his forces around and put them in gaps wherever and whenever necessary. Theres no beating such an unmatched tactical, strategic, and logistical mastermind like caesar.

>decisive Gaul victory

Caesar would have been btfo by Alexander the great, or even any second or third tier 5th/early 4th c. Hellenic general. In fact, caesar is said to have cried in front of a statue of Alexander, basically saying something like "if only I was born a greek and conquered the world, why must I be a clown tier latin general"

Go away, Satan

Alexander the Great admired Ceasar, history quotes Alexander upon crossing the Hellespont saying: "Now I as Ceasar, cast the dice". So I don't know where you're getting your facts from.

This. Alexander literally visited Caesar's mausoleum to show his respects before starting his campaign

Why didnt Vercingetorix simply teleport behind Ceasar?

Alexander said he was a God and "knew" so because the Egyptians considered him so, mostly as a liberator. Cesar, on the other hand, just said his skills were god-given, and laid out Roman master plan for generations to come (at least till it all collapsed and romans dissappeared lol)

that shit looks like dwarf fortress holy fuck

Still, the way to defeat the fortifications indicated by the OP map is simple. Dam the rivers and walk through the undefended riverbeds. The walls stop there.

Before he died, Alexander hoped to conquer the west as Caesar had done.

I'm going to choose to believe this is all one person

Correct. It's pretty sad how Alexander got murdered in front of the senate at such a young age.

>set out to reconquer the lost western lands of your empire
>everything is lost again shortly after you die
Being Alexander is suffering

t. persiaboo

dig underneath and behind them, besiege the besiegers

Don't, instead surround the seiging romans, fortify their position, and at least render an equitable cost to the loss of the settlement.
This doesn't sound like a feasible plan at all but ehh it's the best I got.

How long do you think it takes a dammed river to dry?

Alexander is way before Caesar you retard

*Ceasar

it doesn't need to dry, just be passable

but did he invent salad?

No. He did like to toss it though

Tactical nuke

*Seizer

Rebels don't get second chances

Set pigs on fire and send them at the wooden walls

DIG

UNDER

THEM

No, but the time Caesar finally attacked he was about to leave. Now when Gauls eat civilians and Romans don't, Gauls win. Period.

ceasar mentions in the commentaries a party of romans reaping fields and getting ambushed

seriously a legion marching into your land is horrible they even harvest your fields if they need to

>Julius Caesar, 44-100 BC
>Alexander the Great, 323-356 BC
Can you not read a couple of fucking dates? Christ the people on this board

They weren't even rebels they were just civilians.

So painting your face red like jupiter isn't self deification?

That was for a ceremony for his military campaigns, others did the same before ceasar.

Honestly I was thinking this but then thought "no, that's too stupid"

get some guns and unload on those spaghetti niggers

Depends whether I'm the guy in the middle under siege, the guy besieging him who's also under siege, or the guy trying to break the first one wondering why he's besieging the second and worrying a fourth guy's going to come in to put me under siege too.

I wish people would bother to learn just a little about history before they go posting retarded shit like this

>build 80,000 ladders + siege towers
where the fuck are you getting all this lumber

OT but
>battle of suiyang

Fuck what a ridiculously gruesome yet incredible battle. Hopefully therell be a movie on this in my lifetime

he is tho

Tear it from the Roman wall

Why not just use that wood to build a bridge over the Romans into the besieged city so the entire army can ride over into the city and be besieged together?

call more reinforcements to build more walls.
The seige never ends

By not allowing the fucking Romans to build a fucking wall around yourself.... Just an idea!