Recommended Veeky Forums book thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA!95ITjQbZ
cheirif.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/peter_h_wilson-europe_39_s_tragedy_a_history_of_th.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can anyone recommend something that details celtic and Roman daily life at around the time of the first triumvirate?

Gotta say, you guys suck at this.

For celts,
Barry Cunliffe The Ancient Celts
Nora Chadwick The Celts are typically the best place to start.

I'm considering making a guide to Late Antiquity, would anyone be interested?

Yes

is Fall of the Ottomans worth a read?

what are best books about Thirty years war

I'd say add "Age of Constantine and Julian" and "Constantine and the conversion of Europe"

where's the guy who makes all the oxford pastebins into legible charts?

>what are best books about Thirty years war
Europe's Tragedy by Peter H. Wilson. Incredibly dense but probably the best single resource for the 30 Years War there is available.

I would love to read those books but my english is pretty shit (i'm french btw). Are those books in french or is there some frenchies here to advise me some books ?

Daily reminder that the resume with the Romans litmeme chart is shit and misses a lot of stuff

Oh so it is good. Spotted in the bookstore but it was quite pricey. Still there were over 1000 pages so I can image it being pretty in depth

There are plenty of classical books in french, especially on Rome and Gaul. Sadly, I don't know French but when I look at bibliographies in my bokks, they are always littered with French. Don't despair.

I absolutely adored Augustus by Anthony Everitt. Humorous, well written, and very complete picture of Augustus's life.

somebody have the mega link with a lot of history book ?

Anyone have any good books about African conflicts? So far I've found
>From Fledgling to Eagle by Dick Lord - SAAF during the Border War
>Wings over Ogaden by Tom Cooper - Ogaden War
>Dancing in the Glory of Monsters by Jason Stearns - Congo Wars
>The War for Africa by Fred Bridgland - Battle of Cuito Cuanavale

Any other good postcolonial African war books?

this one?
mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA!95ITjQbZ

cheirif.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/peter_h_wilson-europe_39_s_tragedy_a_history_of_th.pdf

you can find it in pdf also .

>mega.nz/#F!dlZlDbqL!TXG5bGvWufONkrQAL7b7jA!95ITjQbZ
tanks you a lot

> "while not as good as his inspired predecessor"

nigga history of byzantium is way better than history of rome

what are some good Veeky Forums audiobooks?
can be about anything as long as it's a good reader and is actually worth listening to instead of just reading because of reader

I listen to lectures by professors, mainly through iTunes. I'd rather read a book than hear it, also keep it for references etc.

How does it feel to have such a shit opinion