American Civil War documentary

What's the best documentary about the American Civil War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m3NBEurnIqY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That Ken Burns series on Netflix is worth a watch.

Hmm. Not a documentary, but Gettysburg is really good.

Netflix is a neo-marxist company, I cut the subscription after I watched that God-forshaken 13th Documentary and that Dear White People show came out.
Wouldn't trust anything history related that comes out of it.

Ken Burns Civil War.

this, but its fucking depressing

>Ken Burns is a neo marxist

You need to reevaluate your approach to life

CSA: confederate states of america

>A Neo-Marxist company

Stop drinking the kool-aid you faggot

He said documentary not mockumentary

Why /pol/ use neo in so many ideologies nowadays?

Bait? That Ken Burns documentary is shit because it doesn't focus on the war at all, he skips entire battles, doesn't bother explaining tactics or strategic importants of battles and instead focuses on what women and black people were doing. It's literal shit if you actually want to learn about the ACW.
Even as a mockumentary/alt-history, it's pretty horrible.

Leftists do that. Neo-marxism is a self-designation while neo-fascism, neo-liberalism and neo-nazism are exonyms.

The outpatients are out in force today.

Guns of the South shall forever remain the greatest Civil War alternate history.

Not bait. He deals with the mindset of the people of the time. It's a documentary about America during the Civil War.

I'm pretty sure they just call it Marxism. Nothing "neo" about it.

I prefer How Few Remain. Same author, better book.

>the Ken Burns hating autist is back

There's more to war than just battles, tactics and strategy. In fact a documentary about just that would be terrible as it would fail to explain the he political and social effects of the war. Your critiques reek of someone who watched a couple clips and sperged about because there were too many women and blacks in it.

Making a war documentary and skipping the actual battles is like making a documentary about a car and focusing solely on what the auto factory workers had for breakfast. It's garbage.

His baseball docus were trash as well. Too much sentimentality.

Not only that, but I'll bet he couldn't even get through Lee's Lieutenants, and any in-depth documentary about battles and military strategy and tactics would be lost on him.

No war documentary about a substantial goes over every battle of a war.

But the battles still remain the main focus.

It is a PBS documentary from 1990 on Netflix, not a Netflix original.

Stop watching documentaries.

youtu.be/m3NBEurnIqY

Oh look I was right and didn't even half to watch it.
Why? Because I know Netflix is Neo-Marxist and any historical documentary from it, old or new, can be thrown in the trash

So fuck off (You) (You)(You)and (You)

*have, slightly tipsy

it's not a "netflix documentary" you underage retard, it aired on television 27 years ago. just go back to /pol/ already.

how the fuck do you even fucking breathe?

Battles are some of the least interesting parts of wars for me. 80% of battles are decided before it begins, and the other 20% have dedicated documentaries to them.

If someone only wanted to watch one documentary on the civil war, ken burns is the right choice. If they want to know about specific battles, there are usually dedicated documentaries.

To my knowledge, there is no one documentary or series of documentaries that actually goes into every important battle in detail.