You shall have no other gods before me

>you shall have no other gods before me

Doesn't this completely btfo Christianity? Doesn't Jesus claim to be god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=40vehRS2JVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, but he's the same god as God, so it doesn't count as "another god".

Three things are "God" hence there are three being that are gods within a panthenon

Jesus never claimed to be God. He claimed to be the son of God. Maybe you're referring to the Holy Trinity, maybe that's your confusion? Do some research, this has all been explained and established literally centuries ago.

and the final christian theologian spoke and said
>God is dead and pagan

Since we're talking about it, could someone explain the Holy Trinity to me? I know there are different views on it depending on who you're talking to, but is God supposed to be three different manifestations, one manifested as three or something else?

Also, what different christian sects say about the Holy Trinity? There are some disagreements, rights?

I'm lutheran myself and was never able to fully understand or explain that to others.

some sort of polygamist bsdm-cuckolding gay-marriage

The trinity is one being. You're about 1,700 years too late to preach Arianism.

This. It's not polytheism if Jesus and his dad tell people it's not.

think of it as three manifestations of the same being.
homoousios, homo

a being is inseperable from itself by defintion and Jesus was often seperated from The Father and God

It also btfo's Christianity by showing that the Israelites were not monotheists, but henotheists

You think we're laughing with you when we're laughing at you

>Jesus was often seperated
he was separated once and only once

I've always seen it as different avatars of the Godhead that serve different functions but are at the end of the day just aspects of the the same thing but that's just one interpretation

Separation temporally and separation spiritually are different things.

ITT: Kuffar tie their heathen tongues into knots in a vain attempt to explain how their three gods are reconcilable with the immutable Oneness of Allah.

>tfw no muslim mommy will ever peg your cute shota ass and make you her bitch
why even fucking live
also post more muslim anime girls faggot

now tell me why you can't make a picture of mohammed and why people kill for 'dishonering' him

>spiritual seperation from God when you are God, a supposed perfect or complete being
are you talking about his human nature? nothing he ever did was human besides cry out in pain

K Y S

That's sabellianism you goddam heretic. Enjoy burning in hell.

whats the correct belief then

Because people were mocking him by drawing silly picture so he invented a new "revelation"

whatever inquistor horhe sanchez tells you

Ever heard of the Holy Trinity? Jesus is a part of God, the trinity is one

>Three things are "God" hence there are three being that are gods within a panthenon

One God. Not three. Not two. One.

Our creed begins with the words: "I believe in One God.", and this isn't a platitude.

The dogma of the Holy Trinity tells us that God is one-in-three, that is to say, one God, three persons of that one God. All coequal in divinity, coeternal, and one in essence.

>Doesn't Jesus claim to be god?

Jesus was God. He was the incarnation of God, born of the virgin Mary and the Holy Spirit.

OP's argument is stupid because the trinity simply represents three aspects of God.
But does this mean that by Christian standards, Hinduism is monotheistic, because all of the Hindu deities are believed to be aspects of one God?

The reason why Muhammad can’t be depicted is because he was afraid that Muslims will start praying to pictures of him just like Christians are praying to pictures of Jesus.

>three persons of that one God
sounds like three gods, i think you're thinking of the vague and hand-wavy term, 'forms'

No. Next question?

>mfw Christians have to do olympic-tier mental gymnastics just to prove they aren't polytheist pagans

>""""omnipotent""""" god
>is limited numerically
lol at your faith

>jesus isn’t god
Literally Arianism

I get that you can't understand it: that does not make it impossible to understand.

The Athanasian Creed. It's in your damn service book, asshole. Read it. It's simple.

jesus never pooped?

>Christians are praying to pictures of Jesus
this is ok though because Jesus is God

the answer to your question OP is that God as a concept has vanished in the west and has been replaced by nationalism, so the remaining religious Christian sects aren't going to have a serious discussion over the foundation of their religion when there are muslims to destabilize instead

hinduism also believes in something iirc and its considered polytheistic

>Doesn't this completely btfo Christianity? Doesn't Jesus claim to be god?

Yes - but the author of the Pentateuch isn't a divine agent - he's a terrorist. The Pope will be joining all his predecessors in eternal damnation for his blasphemy.

youtube.com/watch?v=40vehRS2JVM

>christfag logic

I do understand you're argument, the problem is that it doesn't hold water. This is a simple theological tautology, which Christians fail to acknowledge.

not once

did he eat or drink or sleep?

>Christians
>Reading the Bible
That's a good one, OP.

Trinity was added only centuries later as the pagan populations of Europe asked the simple question of "If we're supposed to venerate a single godlike being, why would we venerate a random bastard of the God? He's just human, after all"

Not having an answer, the Church changed the narrative a bit and made him a part of the God in a bullshit equivalence taken straight out of the weird practices of pagan religions.

It's a well known and established historical fact.

Lies.
For fuck sake this is a history board go and say your propaganda on pol you maggot

Don't worry. It makes absolutely no sense.

It's what happens when Greeks trained in philosophy and rhetoric try to understand Judean/Aramaic mysticism.

Personally I'm of a mind that no one really understood it back in the day either, and the various ecumenical councils were just politics.

God is not numerically limited, our understanding of Him is.

you mean Catholics, user

>the Heavenly Father, Resurrected Son, and Holy Spirit are three different modes or aspects of one monadic God, as perceived by the believer, rather than three distinct persons within the Godhead—that there are no real or substantial differences among the three
how the fuck can people accept homoousios yet reject this? how does that not make the most sense?

>it's another "God the Father is the same as the Godhead" episode

You will not receive a serious answer from him, just muh heresy.

>everything I don't like is /pol/ propaganda
So modern history itself is /pol/ propaganda because it don't 100% agree with mainstream christianity on the history of christianity and judaism?

The problem is that nobody knows what Jesus looks like, so Christians are actually just praying to pictures of some guy and calling him Jesus. Even as a Christian this has always bothered me.

>God is not numerically limited, our understanding of Him is.
Which is why the Trinity is perfectly sound, and the argument of "daaaah dat don't make sense doh, Christianity btfo" is for brainlets.

>

because it implies that God can only hold one form at a time like Optimus Prime.
"I AM THE FATHER."
*Transformer noises*
"I AM THE HOLY SPIRIT."
*more Transformer noises*
"I AM THE SON."

A God that has to transform to do things is not an omnipotent God, as that implies He is limited in certain states.
A God that has aspects is also contrary to omnipotence, as that implies that God is not homogeneous in His divinity and can be divided into states that are incomplete and therefore imperfect. Like how Dr. Jekyll was able to remove all his evil aspects but in the process became Mr. Hyde, and swung wildly between the two imperfect states of entirely good and entirely wicked that could not exist on their own.

I don't see how it implies that at ALL

Don't be a dumb

Something Christian theologians pulled out of their asses to justify the parts in the Bible that contradict monotheism.

I just explained to you how it's implied, what don't you get?
Modes implies God can only be one thing at a time and is limited accordingly, that's what a mode is. There's no reason to switch into 4wd mode if 2wd is perfectly capable of going off road.

Aspects implies God can be divided into pieces that are less than the whole. Hot and chocolate are aspects of hot chocolate but neither hot nor chocolate are the equal and equivalent of hot chocolate.

Both of these concepts fundamentally undermine the idea of an omnipotent God.

>that's what a mode is
I don't agree
>Aspects implies God can be divided into pieces that are less than the whole
complete fabrication

Why does that image leave out the commandment against graven images and split the last commandment into two?

I see, you're just being contrarian.
Have a nice day.

No I'm not
I believe in the trinity as different manifestations of the same being, not necessarily different beings within the Godhead. However I don't see how this at all means that God is limited to one manifestation at the same time. It seems like an entirely baseless accusation against the idea of it

God has 3 aspects - divine, human, and spiritual.
Unitarianism is a fringe belief right now, but Arianism was at one point the most popular Christian theology.
I personally don't believe in the trinity because of the fact that there's no bibilical evidence, and the biblical evidence that supposedly supports it is flimsy.
My beliefs about Jesus:
He was the perfect man who was chosen by God to be his avatar and messenger.
I personally don't like praying to Jesus but I don't see it as an issue.

Due to the Trinity, I have looked to Islam and Judaism in the past, but Islam in its current form is too barbaric, and Judaism too evil.

By that logic, the safest way Muhammed could be depicted is in a disrespectful light, so as to explicitly not venerate him.

So Charlie Hebdo was actually being more faithful than those idolatrous islamists.

"""Christianity""" is actually just a mix of:

>Hebrew henotheism
>Mesopotamian creation myths
>Neoplatonic philosophy
>Levantine mysticism
>Jewish social law

It's an absolute clusterfuck, it makes absolutely no sense, and was arguably the most damaging thing to the human psyche since we gained self-awareness. Still, they have nice churches.

KEK

Nice bait

Yes, which is why christian theology is incoherent. They try to separate jesus and god while at the same time pretending they are identical.

Of course, hebrew mythology gets btfo for a huge number of reasons, so it's not like jews and muslims are on solid ground either.

>Christianity
>Jewish social law

Trinity is a whole that is made up of parts that is whole but not a whole but not a part but a whole.

>I-it's not supposed to make sense baka!

Brainlet.

But it's true. It doesn't make sense but it does.

If you're literally a brainlet, maybe.

Same argument libertarians make about Ayn Rand and it's no less stupid.

Claiming that a man came back from the dead, rose into the sky, and will herald the end times blows the fuck out of Christianity.