Debating thread general

Is this the place to have a thread about debates?
If so, then let's have one!

To start off, here are some questions:
What are your favourite historical debates?
Should sophisms be allowed in a debate?
What are debates anyhow? What does it mean to win one?

Is bisexuality or homoromanticism, historically natural within man? It seems the most nature destructive and self destructive civilizations placed alot of restrictions on sexuality. Can wars be avoided when man literally loves another?

I would say that homosexuality and bisexuality are genetic, and are therefore to some extent natural.

>I would say that homosexuality and bisexuality are genetic
wheres the proofs?

It's not genetic, it's hormonal. Gays became gays in the womb.

For all intents and purposes that's basically the same thing
the fact that conversion therapy doesn't work.

Frankowski BL; American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Adolescence (June 2004). "Sexual orientation and adolescents". Pediatrics. 113 (6): 1827–32. PMID 15173519. doi:10.1542/peds.113.6.1827.

>For all intents and purposes that's basically the same thing
Are you being obtuse on purpose?

I think he meant to say that whether or not it's hormonal or genetic doesn't change the fact that it's natural.
He used the phrase "for all intents and purposes", but I think he might've wanted to type "for the intents and purposes of this argument" instead.

OG dude here, that's what I meant

>is jerking off to cartoon pony's natural to man?

come on man its all nurture

This says there is no consensus what the main factor is???

Conversion therapy not working doesn't mean that homo is mainly genetic it just means conversion therapy doesn't work

It works on political dissidents, why wouldn't it work on gays?

>In recent decades, biologically based theories have been favored by experts. The high concordance of homosexuality among monozygotic twins and the clustering of homosexuality in family pedigrees support biological models. There is some evidence that prenatal androgen exposure influences development of sexual orientation, but postnatal sex steroid concentrations do not vary with sexual orientation

Just popping in to ask, do you have any books on general rhetoric or just debating to recommend?

You suppress people expressing themselves not change their nature

original claim:
>it's genetic

statement of AAP:
>combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences

>homosexuality among monozygotic twins
What are the actual numbers for that?

>What are your favourite historical debates?
If X could beat Y
>Should sophisms be allowed in a debate?
fuck no
>What are debates anyhow? What does it mean to win one?
debates are a form of intercourse to promote your belief over anothers.

>debates are a form of intercourse
L-lewd!

> to promote your belief over anothers.
They can also serve findiung out argumentatively what you yourself, the debater, should believe in the first place.