RIP Toys R Us

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-19/toys-r-us-caught-in-game-of-chicken-that-turned-into-dominoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2017
>Having massive retail outlets, obviously funded by higher than average markups

never heard of this coin, what exchanges is it on?

Millennials are shit parents who just let their kids stare at iPads all day long.

Also Amazon

Which one will be next? I bet Gamestop.

No faggot.

Toys just got worse and worse over the years.

Remember when supersoakers were so fucking big they weighed 30 lbs and shot a riot tier water cannons? The parents complaining about that shit plus stupid kids blinding each other were just as big a factor to kill all cool toys as ipads are right now.

No kid would choose a toy over modern video games. As a kid I preferred toys, but if video games were the way they are now, I would much rather play the video game.

ToysRus sells vidya games as well.

yeah but I bet you a lot of people either don't know that, or just don't think about it when they think "hmm I'm going to get my kid a video game." They probably think of some local video game store or walmart.

They offered nothing that Walmart / TARGET don't already offer at lower prices except maybe a better selection of bikes / power wheels.

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-19/toys-r-us-caught-in-game-of-chicken-that-turned-into-dominoes

A game of chicken that turned into dominoes, so says Bloomberg. Dominoes are a fun toy, ironic that they blew up a toy retailer.

It was doing well until in 2005 some private equity firms bought out all the shares. Then they made ToysRus take out $6 billion in loans to buy back most of the shares from them so they still hold control of the company but get most of their money back from when they bought it out. It's been saddled with this massive debt ever since and the interest payments have fucked it over.

millenials not having kids or money

Video games largely replaced toys.

Remember these?

I thought it filed for bankruptcy already?

This happened circa recession 2009 iirc.

Anyway, to answer your question OP, nobody buys toys anymore. What's the point if you can entertain your spoiled brat by lending it your iPhone as he plays Ways to Die II.

That and CoD proved to be better ways to entertain the little shits. It's not like toys will be looked nostalgically so in hindsight aside from actual manchildren. I still have my hot wheels but that's to do more with me being a car geek and not being overly sentimental with plastic garbage.

So did toys r us shut down or what? Where's the dag gum link you rubes

actually a bit nostalgic. going to toys r us in the 90s was the biggest treat.

even for video games, i remember buying ff3 right when it came out and had to beg so much for the list price and bargained weeks and weeks of chores for it.

ive got a son now and feel a little sad i wont get to share the joy of an overwhelming toy store with him

BRUH

They didn't accept Bitcoin.

>ive got a son now and feel a little sad i wont get to share the joy of an overwhelming toy store with him
At least you can watch him become a woman.

Even worse, they could have saved themselves if they made their own ToyCoin ICO.

just another shitty retailer that couldn't adjust with the times. sad to see all these old iconic brands completely fuck themselves.

the american economy along with law was destroyed by jews. the criminals paid bribes and got more money in the form of bailouts. we live in jewish apartheid stupid otherfucker, your just too fucking stupid to look it up. many companies are going out of business, jews take all the money, theres nothing to buy toys with. the righteous mass murder of jews IS THE ANSWER

not next, but soon

Nice! Just bought 100K

Half the store is these fucking dolls now

All the children became confused which section they needed to go to for toys.

Am I a boy or a girl? Will I still be a boy or a girl tomorrow? Perhaps I should ask my parents for a rope for Christmas and end this living nigthmare.

And thus Toys R Us goes Bankrupt and HomeDepot moons out of the Solar System.

when i was 4 my father visited and he took me to Toys R Us and it was really airconsitoned and cold and I vomited all over the floor and he bought me a toy boat that I never really got to use since it's not like we had a pool or anything

>This entire post

Fucking trying not lose it at work.

Amazon, shopify walmart alibaba etc etc etc.

Also bain capital fucked them surprise surprise

Lol