Does the end justify the means?

Does the end justify the means?

Depends on what the end is

Yes. European extinction is the means. Prosperity of humanity is the end.

No. The means are still morally wrong. You can make the case that attaining that particular end was more important than keeping in line with moral expectations, but the question of whether they agree with you on that is up to the individual and ultimately the group.

seems pretty stupid to me since all people pursue the end because it is "the good end" and so "the good" in their minds. They are ultimately pursuing (what they think is) the good They can't seem to grasp that in even needing to "justify" their means is an acceptance of the immorality of their actions. I can't, myself fathom how they can claim to pursue the good through the pursuit of evil, because the more they pursue evil means willingly, the further they drift from the pursuit of the good, according to their own internal system.

This is why they need to phrase things in terms of the "greater" good, so that they can weasel into the position of the pursuit of a net-good so to speak. Such attempts at moral accounting are ridiculous, and half-believed as they're devised. If you really think this way, why not simply pursue good means and a moderate end which would, again, by their own system, be superior.

People that use "the ends justify the means" use it as a mantra or pseudo-argument. Like "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" it has a specious quality to it and the lexicographical and rhythmic properties give it a hypnotizing quality. This is why mantras like these are always used by tyrants...

Always

Name one thing where the ends have ever justified the means.

ends are a spook
means are all that exist

Really made me think
no really

as long as the means is the ends.

in the end the means doesn't even matter.

The passion.

and in the case of Christ the means were the sacrifice of himself, and the ends were the redemption of all mankind.

vaccination

Redemption of what?

meat eating

Yes they do. Science is based on the research of means and methods of prevention of events and fenomena.

9/11

sure, as long as I'm not the one getting fucked by the means

the cultural revolution

The real question is if the means justify the end

>having the moral capacity of a three-year-old

Jihad

Do whatever needs to be done reach the desired end. Once your means are in excess of the minimum necessary to achieve desired ends you can start questioning them.

its the way the world works

The way things are doesn't necessitate the way things should be.

The world paths don't follow more than one rule: the inferior one gets extinct'd. As europeans are getting wiped out of the earth's surface, europeans have shown their inferiority and deserve to get eliminated.

>it exists therefore it is good

Bugs.. easy on the pogroms

The state.

French Revolution.
Robespierre did nothing wrong, monarchists are scum.

The integration of Africans and Muslims into Europe

That's all a matter of perspective, goy.

Justify to whom exactly?

Bugs....easy on the machiavellism

Nope. It's for the greater good.

French Revolution

That implies that the means were anything but righteous and perfect.