Why aren't you vegan yet Veeky Forums?

why aren't you vegan yet Veeky Forums?

i am

I'd eat the marginal cases.

nice

all human beings have personhood as a property that no animals possess
does that not count?

for the same reason i dont donate all my discretionary income to charity. being maximally moral all the time is exhausting and not even that fulfilling

humans are stronger than animals
philosocuck BTFO

You reject proposition 2 if you think that. However most (intelligent) people would not build an arbitrary wall around humans, morally speaking

this

nice

inb4 animals are treated well

veganism and promoting veganism is one of the easiest things you can do as far as altruism goes

The entire concept of non-religious moral system is arbitrary by conception. If it doesn't come from a definitive and fixed irrefutable source its ultimately subjective no matter if its framed in logic terms.

fpbp

i defend veganism's ethical merits, but actually getting all my protein from plant sources would not be easy. i already dont eat pork mostly for moral reasons, and avoid red meat for health reasons. though i still eat turkey and chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, whole milk, and use a lot of casein / whey protein. there really aren't great vegan alternatives for those things without paying out the ass and sacrificing macro profiles.

Is it so difficult to grasp that all human beings are sapient and animals are not?

Not all of them.

Why do you oppose veganism to humanity? Being a vegan prevents the unnecessary suffering of animals it doesnt mean that you put them exactly on the same level as humans

cuck

The consumption of other animals is an intrinsic and crucial biological phenomenon.

this fact alone (as erroneous and incomplete as it is) should be the sole reason for acting as stewards and facilitators of life, and not supporters of the agricultural-industrial machine that is a cancer upon the earth. all living beings want to live. observance of this truth necessitates this realization. is that so difficult for you to grasp, that eating meat provided to you by the slaughterhouse machine is fundamentally unethical?

Because it's a stupid cult and I don't equate animal suffering with human suffering.
idk what that medical conditions can't comment
>is that so difficult for you to grasp, that eating meat provided to you by the slaughterhouse machine is fundamentally unethical?
No because we've been doing it for billions of years and now we suddenly a basic biological function we're evolved to do is unethical. We wouldn't have evolved as humans without meat eating

>I don't equate animal suffering with human suffering

then you're clearly ignorant of common business practices, and hell, even basic economics

Out of conveniance mostly. I've dropped meat out of most my meals. From having meat three times a day, now maybe I'll have it once every three days. I'm not sure if it's placebo but I feel a lot healthier and energetic since I started. I could never be able to do full veganism for an extended time though.

Literally none of the follows from what I said.

I don't understand this. Being vegan is not hard at all