4chans relation with diogenes the ragged cynic

I've recently discovered that the old tale of alexander the great stepping out of the way of diogenes sunlight was a true one. I know it's still possible that the tale is more myth than fact but i had always seen it on the boards and i could never tell if it was a complete fiction made up on here. It's a popular story among a variety of boards. It makes sense that diogenes would appeal to Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is the kind of place that admires honesty and depravity all at once and i believe this place likes an honest man who searches for truth in his own way, much like Diogenes said ‘’ (an honest man) pokes in dark corners illumined only by a little lantern and great self-possession.’’ Although it is difficult to pull any sense out of places like this. Then again it is interesting how Veeky Forums has come to interpret this tale. Veeky Forums sees this story as the vile sticking out in the face of the esteemed and decent. An act of rebellion and repulsion on diogenes part. Who rudely tells an emperor to step away. The ruler himself consolidates with his statement and wishes he was diogenes. In many ways Veeky Forums wants its efforts and struggle to be recognized by society while simultaneously being an outcast and a nuisance to society. While the reality of this story is to demonstrate the dual nature of man. Being alexander is a man of material wealth, and Diogenes spiritual wealth. I haven't read up on any of diogenes writings but I did run into this story recently and found it interesting

Veeky Forums is SHIT

we're too lazy and vain to match diogenes tbqh

>diogenes writings

Diogenes was a top tier troll.

If his mom had a basement, that's where he'd reside. Instead, he had to resort to a barrel.

>diogenes writings

>diogenes writings

Diogenes was a mentally ill old man who couldn't deal with being btfo by Plato at every turn. It's a sad tale and we should just lay him to rest.

Plato is a retard who got EVERYTHING wrong and only BTFO'd other philosophers far closer to the truth because of his superior rhetoric and general logic.

>i believe this place likes an honest man who searches for truth in his own way
>honest man who searches for truth
>honest man

Haha funny joke, but seriously. The Twin Gods, Plato & Aristotle, are our saviours because they provided humanity with an intellectual foundation for reality and the moral rules that control it.

Demosthenes was a money maker who fell prey to mental illness and lived out his last days as a homeless old man who would shit himself in public.

BEHOLD

Not a perfect fit, since so much of user is now just regular old young fascist.

I HAVE FOUND A MAN

>n many ways Veeky Forums wants its efforts and struggle to be recognized by society while simultaneously being an outcast and a nuisance to society.

nah we don't give 2 shits about thing happening in the world, we like to sit back and to observe the shit show unfold while being entertained by it.
It is the storm of newfags that try to turn this site into a tumblr'esque collective of morons who will do anything for recognition (see modern day /pol/ as an example), While forgetting why Chanoligy and Habbo raids were so successful

*Diogenes

Although, not a huge fan of demosthenes, either, who was also a money grub.

Being right in one thing, doesnt mean you are right in everything.

I Thought it was the opposite- plato had a school and an entourage, and this tickled the fuck out of diogenes' autism. So in response he did everything he could to troll the fuck out of plato.

was probably mentally ill, but he seemed to make it work for him

>The Twin Gods, Plato & Aristotle
They are men. I know this is just a title, but it's a stupid title.
>are our saviours because they provided humanity with an intellectual foundation for reality
Explain what you mean by this, and how this foundation would be unattainable without Plato or Aristotle.
>and the moral rules that control it.
If reality is governed by moral rules, it was sure as hell not the result of a couple of Greek dudes pontificating to one another. If morality exists, it existed before these philosophers and continues to exist without them.

You seem to be confusing Plato with Jesus.

Plato was the high school jock of philosophers. He's not that clever or insightful, just really popular.

I think you will find here is the emptiness.

hardely the truth from what I gathered

maybe so. Those older raids seemed to be more about action than reaction.

>Title
There is something divine in us all, but anyway, make up a better title for them if you can. I have several reasons for referring to them as the dioscouroi; one is that I want them to be fundamentally inseparable, two is that they represent the absolute high point in theological knowledge and therefore should be referred to in some way that acknowledges that.

>intellectual foundation for reality
I mean they presented us with the best account. They provided us with this superior education in such matters and the tools to appreciate that education.

They don't get sole credit for everything relating to metaphysics and morality, of course. There are other heroes like the dread Parmenides.

>If morals exist, Hellenes didn't make it

I didn't mean for my sentence to be broken apart like that; it should be read as one whole: "... intellectual foundation for reality and the moral rules that control it."

They presented us with a coherent and apparently correct account of those things. They gave us the tools and education to understand it, etc.

I don't mean they were demiurges who built our reality and imposed rules upon us.

ITT: Featherless bipeds

Yeah dude diogenes was todaly cool. he btfo everyone cause he jus didn't care which, for me, makes him the mosd epic guy in histroy.
the chicken part always makes me lauf caus it reminds me of how smart i am compared to th normies at my school.
diogenis f*kcing rocks!!

Was Diogenes the Rick & Morty of the Ancient Greeks?

Reddit is also fascinated by him so I would say so.