Why is rasputin so well known?

why is rasputin so well known?

he just seems like some completely irrelevant figure that associated with tsar. is it just because his name has a ring to it and he kinda gives off a weird conspirator vibe?

how do you and i know this mans name

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VmkySNDX4dU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8
damninteresting.com/retired/gregori-rasputins-last-will-and-testament/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't need to be important to be remembered. You just need to be interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=VmkySNDX4dU

whats interesting about him? was he just the boogeyman of his time or sonething

youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8

Because of the ridiculous way he died which is the in the realm of myth

He had an inexplicable influence over the empress to the point that the Russian nobility deemed him a threat, and when they came to it he wouldn't stay dead.

Everything about his life and death has an air of mystery around it and invites curiosity and speculation.

He was essentially a scapegoat. The nobility believed he had a great influence over the tsar (which wasn't even true), so they invented a bunch of horseshit stories about him: that he's a satanist, that he fucks the empress, that he's a whoremonger and a child rapist, that he's a demon who's hard to kill, etc. None of it was true really and his daughter spent her entire life trying to clean his name but I guess the memes were stronger.

Kill yourselves with your niggerjew popculture shit.

>Why is this guy popular?
>Pop culture played a role
>Niggers and Jews
What did /pol/ mean by this?

shot between the eyes? because that story about being poisoned, strangled, stabbed, shot and thrown in the river is bullshit...

>Boney M
Niggers
>Hollywood
Jews

Any problem?

Because he was Russias greatest love machine

Yeah, but it's the meme everyone knows

not everything is human user

Rasuputin convinced Tsar Nicholas II to take control of the armies in WWI, which was disastrous as the Tsar had no military experience. Rasputin had even more power due to Nicholas II's departure to control the military, as the tsarina held him in high regard. Of course, rumours amd exaggerations were made about him but he was an important person. Look into his Jesuit connections if you don't believe me.

>Rasuputin convinced Tsar Nicholas II to take control of the armies in WWI
There's literally zero evidence that it was Rasputin.

This.

>The correct answer is not the correct answer because it has da jooz in it

Because he healed people and knew the future

>the correct answer is a singing cartoon wizard who killed the tsar in a universe where bolsheviks magically didn't exist
okay moishe

Huge dick
You get remembered for that type of thing

The question was "why is he well-known," not "what is the historical account of the downfall of the Russian Autocratic Imperial Family in the latter half of the 1910 please redpill me /pol/"

>Rasputin is well know for killing the tsar and then hunting down his daughter
okay moishe

>Implying normies give a shit about history
>Being this confused about Rasputin in pop culture

>normies are brainwashed by hollyjew propaganda
took you a fine amount of time to admit it moishe

Nobody was denying anything, you utter twit.

A lot of people ITT mentioned all the myths surrounding the man, but I think OP's question is more like

>why is this random Russian figure so well known across the world?
>Why are there so many myths around him?
>And why are these myths so spread out outside of Russia?

My guess is something something cold war.

It's almost entirely because of Felix Yusupov and his attention whoring about the murder before and after he fled into exile

I don't know, why is a historical figure--closely linked with the Romanov family, who was cemented in history by the revolution and their brutal murder which shook Europe, and spawned decades of memoirs, history books, movies, and subsequent "what if oneof them eventually settling on Anastasia survived" theories which made headlines, and inspired dozens of its own books, movies, and plays--so well known?

Most likely because he emerged out of literally nowhere to become the closest confidant of the Tsarina, and, consequently, the Tsar. When Nicholas left for the front Rasputin, as the most influential member of the Tsarina's entourage, wielded literally unbridled power over the Empire, superseding those who had been born into the nobility. When I studied him in school, he was usually presented as a factor in the downfall of the Tsar's regime, although it is the infamy of his life and the circumstances of his death that make him more pernicious to people who aren't massively interested in Russian history (not trying to be a snob or anything, it's just that these traits make him more memorable for a person who isn't really interested in the topic).

*pertinent instead of pernicious

* I meant pertinent instead of pernicious

Are you retarded? he practically gave the bolshnevik fuel for the revolution

Yeah, they were really hurting for that

*of course I meant pervert instead of pernicious

rasputin was black

true, history white washed AGAIN

His supposed last will was apparently quite prophetic.

damninteresting.com/retired/gregori-rasputins-last-will-and-testament/