Establishment-induced Flippening?

>BTC hated, ridiculed and FUDed by banks, the media, Fortune 500 companies, governments, etc.
>ETH heavily invested in by those same people

Without outside interference, I think a flippening is impossible. There is, though, and I'm curious as to what Veeky Forums thinks about the possibility of a flippening being successfully manufactured.

ETH is shit and no amount of establishment support will change that

the republic won't allow it. And that is that.

ETH is infinitely printable, i understand why they'd want that.
Personally i'm BTC for life, now that i tasted a decentralised coin that can't inflate, i just can't go back to fiat, ETH included.

>ETH is infinitely printable, i understand why they'd want that.

Exactly. They can tell Vitalik to just print more ETH if they wish to do so just like they do with the Fed, but they can't tell anyone to print more BTC

I agree and that it's shit and I'm only holding it to make gains off the moon in October, but people are sheep and the value of ETH is increased as its user base grows, just like BTC. You think it'll eventually just flop because it's inherently a scam?

Which republic are you referring to? A country of the crypto community?

The dollar is also infinitely printable yet 99% of the country still has faith in it. Do you really think the fact that ETH doesn't have a finite supply like BTC will persuade normies to call bs on articles from Bloomberg and the WSJ that shill ETH?

Who cares about normies. They will always obey the jew-owned medias, as proven by the current human genocide in favour of subhumans.
And Vitalik is kosher, in blood and ideology.

Just like they had faith in fiat and discarded gold, they will have faith in ETH and discard BTC.
But serious people and networks will NEVER reject BTCs, due to intrinsic properties compared to inflatables.

>they will have faith in ETH and discard BTC
That's what I'm afraid of, and curious about. ETH is clearly bullshit, but I think normie adoption of it may make a flippening possible.

You need to understand that BTC isn't currently held up by normies.
You spend every day talking and thinking about crypto, and all your acquaintances know and maybe use crypto, but this is clouding your mind.
Sure, more and more people know about BTC, but how many use it ? About the same percentage of people that know about gold. less than a tenth of a percent.

At worst, it won't raise anymore, which is beyond doubtful and would require such an array of converging disastrous events it's ridiculous giving it credance.
But it won't ever die, BTC is far too valuable.

Ethereum has no cap but it does have an increasing difficulty. Think if iat currency required twice as much cotton to print a single dollar every few months.

I agree for the most part, except that it BTC isn't held up by normies. Most of them that have heard of BTC have never heard of the term "cryptocurrency." Of course all it takes to fix that is an MSM campaign to make ETH popular. Do you think a flippening will happen then? If so, when?

A big company owned by a jew that starts massively mining ETH is a good indicator what for will come the following months in the MSM.

uh you juuuust described ethereum itself. vitalik holds rediculous amunts of 'mined' eth and hes a jew

You think it's only a matter of months? The second phase of Metropolis isn't supposed to be initiated for another year and a half. BTC could definitely be crashed to sub 3k again, but do you actually believe that ETH can be increased 10x before the end of the year?

Aside from Vitalik.
Vitalik may be of the tribe, but he's still an outsider right now.

Won't happen. Remember the reason this market booming in the first place. Remember why people are interested in crypto.
Some people seem to hold the nonsensical believe that big institutions backing something means instant win. It doesn't work like that. If there's no real demand for something, it will only grow in a inorganic way and thus, won't hold its value in the long term.

Months after it happens, not literally months from now.
If missing out bothers you that much, put 80-60/20-40% on BTC/ETH of your net worth.
I wouldn't recommended a more skewed proportion, don't bet against the king.

I'm currently holding 2 BTC and 5 ETH. I was planning on exchanging my ETH for BTC after Byzantium and the hard fork, but I'm not sure if I should wait a little longer. Currently I'm holding about $B0.35 worth of ETH. I was hoping that the moon would make it closer to $B0.40-45. Obviously if I knew that I could get more BTC for my ETH in a year I would just wait.

>ETH is infinitely printable

what did they mean by this?

>no one has corrected this comment yet
>there is already an exponential slowdown in the growth of the ETH supply built into the protocol

>The dollar is also infinitely printable yet 99% of the country still has faith in it.
Bitcoin and crypto are precisely an alternative to the current fiat system. One of the main factors for their value is the limited supply and the fact that people are sure more coins can't be generated on a whim. If more coins CAN be generated it kills one of crypto's biggest selling points.

Agreed, which is why we like it. My point is that ETH, like the dollar, has an infinite supply, and normies still have faith in the dollar. BTC is clearly superior to ETH and USD, but I'm afraid that the facts won't matter.

the "facts" don't matter because you are spreading lies.

While ETH is in POW there's an ice age built in where mining becomes so difficult it'd take billions of years just to get 1 coin.
When it switches to POS there is no more mining. Stakers only get proceeds from processing transactions

Why normies would invest on a alternative to fiat that's just like fiat? They might as well stay in the current system.
If you are gonna to migrate, there have to be a reason for you to do so, there has to be incentive. In the case of crypto, there's three main incentives:
1) Autonomy over your money(no need for a third part).
2) Protection against inflation(limited supply)
3) Anonymous money that you can send to anywhere in the world.

Ethereum on its core isn't even a currency, so it isn't a direct competitor to BTC, but even if it was, it doesn't have the second most important point that gives value to crypto over fiat. There's not much incentive for normies to leave their fiat comfort zone for It.

I'm not trying to spread lies or shill ETH. I'm just curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about the future.

I agree completely, I'm just worried that people who don't do their research (the majority of people) will just follow the instructions of the shepherds.

Problem is that ETH is NOT immutable. Which kinda defeats the whole purpose of crypto.
I used to be a big fan of Ethereum until the
whole DAO fiasco. I now hope that Arthur Breitman and Tezos will carry the torch for immutable smart contracts.

Maybe in the short term, but if there's no real demand for something no amount of hype and big companies backing will hold its price.

I think that Ethereum is more useful as a tool for companies and governments than it is as a currency. It's like Factom or Ardor, as opposed to Monero and Bitcoin.

>I think the Ethereal is more useful as a tool for companies and governments
That's what my gut tells me and I hope it's true

lol...Tezos is worse than eth. if you don't know why don't realize it yet, maybe you should research the crypto itself. Was literally a cash grab for their ICO.

when does this happen

Nothing wrong with the uncapped ICO if it prevented whales owning 90%+ of the coins. If a handful of people owned 90% of the coins, PoS is practically useless

Explain yourselves

I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand. It's the same reason no one is filtering ocean water for gold.

>autonomy
Exchanges
>limited supply
Until Satoshi miraculously appears and starts dumping
>anonymous
Monero maybe, bitcoin not at all

Next.

Tezos is stupid as fuck. That coin is going to go no where. All they do it just trash talk eth and complain about shit with next to zero product.

>Exchanges
Are you fucking retard? Exchanges ARE a third part.
>Until Satoshi miraculously appears and starts dumping
Yes, you are retard. Satoshi having a bunch of BTCs has no relation to the supply being limited. In the unlikely event that he ''dumps'' it would just mean others would have bought the BTCs that were previously his. The supply wouldn't change.
>anonymous
1A2eNxGENMcvkR5F7dsDVb2vyDW1zDRHqB
Whom this address belongs to? You can tell which transactions it did, but you can't tell who it is, so yes, it is anonymous.

>Next
Next time try knowing what the fuck you are talking about.

>Satoshi returns
>Uses masterkey to take all the bitcoins

one of the dumbest people I've ever seen

>autistic screeching intensifies

This guy gets it

No u

You clearly haven't been following Tezos.
Anyway, I'm sure it will take many ethlings by surprise when it launches next year.