Illusion of permanence?

The United States of American were founded less than 250 years ago which is a fairly short time for an empire. Due to human nature and many other factors it is almost certain that the US will eventually collapse in a few hundred years,

Most people seem to believe that the current state of the world is nearly static and that civilisation will continue existing/improving forever, I was wondering if there is some name for this illusion and if there are any historic recordings of such bias?

I apologise if this is off topic but I don't know where to discuss this.

Its a core tenant of Nationalism to have the historical perspective of a wet shitstain.

I believe it's called the

>Holy shit, Fukuyama is a total fucking retard
effect.

>what are nuclear weapons
the usa will stay in tact or at least mostly intact until the inevitable mass extinction event that will be triggered by the inevitable mass nuclear exchange

>murica
good way to miss the point in discussion

The illusion of permanence is a core theme in Buddhism, maybe read about what they say about it.

Maybe America pulls a China and X American Government gets replaced by Y, and "Americaness" and "Muh Freedoms" becomes like Mandate of Heaven, a meme to be carried over by generations or some shit.

>most people seem to believe that the current state of the world is nearly static
What planet do you live on? I've been hearing about America collapsing ever since the 90s.

It will fall eventually, but we're far from it and I'm quite impressed how trump has not fucked up (yet)

>Due to human nature and many other factors it is almost certain that the US will eventually collapse in a few hundred years,
I doubt that, America as we understand it today may change but I think the concept of America as a nation is an enduring one.

Its relevance will have failed massively within 50 years.

It's basically Roman Empire V2, see what happened to them

>the US will eventually collapse in a few hundred years

It'll collapse in a few months at this rate. The divide in our society grows by day and night. More and more Americans have come to harbor the most vicious hatred for their neighbors over every social issue, no matter how smaller or petty. The media, left and right wing, stokes this hatred day and night, turning neighbors and family against each other.

You can't have a country where one half wants to kill the other. And if we continue to drift apart like this without abatement, that is exactly what will happen.

the romans survived

america and rome arent as similar as you think

Civil wars are the birth of an Empire, not the death of a republic. For, a republic evolves to house a Kingdom.

i wonder what america’s byzantine period will be like

america isnt overextended so it probably wont split in half

explain pls.

The Yellowstone supervolcano will spell the end of the USA. It could be a long time until its next eruption though.

Pretty sure they got run over by barbarians, the city still exists but it's not habited by the romans of old