/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Shipping Stocks Edition

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=13316138&gfv=1
youtube.com/user/MoneyWeekVideos/playlists
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel so inadequate.

Is the p-pain finally over Momma Su?

I want to have her babies.

test

happy new year to all my jewish friends here on /rgt/

good morning boys

Good morning!

Wheres the moon mission this morning gents?

What's a good Canadian stock broker? Can't get this where I am :(

Good morning gents.

I am series 7 and 66 registered broker. Gotta access this shit through different VPNs bc the feds always watching.

I'm thinking of live streaming day trading.

NAK NEWS WHEN??!?!?!?!

I would be interested in that!

where can in follow?

Europe when

I'll watch ESNC and CHFS

never ever

sad feels only

First for ptn suicide.

What is AyyyMD going to do

With VIX hovering near record lows, when should I go in on TVIX and UVXY?

Questrade for cheaper trades. I use TD myself though.

when you see it spike up 2% next week then its close to buy time

UVXY has literally been at record lows since 2015. Buy if you want to lose money for years.

Once ((they)) start to reduce ((their)) balance sheet expect the days of low volatility to go by the wayside.

>Once ((they)) start to reduce ((their)) balance sheet expect the days of low volatility to go by the wayside.

Who? Oh you mean (((They))).

I haven't decided yet, I'm thinking of starting that in possibly 3 weeks. There's a couple of things i have to clear up with compliance at my firm.

Got out of AKTX at 6.3 expecting it to drop

Of course it goes to nearly 8 dollars now lol

g-going on a t-trip in my favorite NAKetship

8.24 now

Literally want to kill myself

NMM ftw

just sold all aktx at 7.40 :) ... too soon !!

Trump is trying to help the same gun industry that betted on Hillary winning hahahaah

Been raping aktx for gains past couple week....im up over 3 grand today alone

I just fucked up so bad

I think I'm going to be sick

holy fuck... too late to get in?

what the fuck is this

guys...i been tryin to get u to jump in...of course its too late/ this is the top'

i left 5k on the table by selling too soon

how did that happen?

why did you sell at 6? this is a serious question...it seemed clear that momentum was gaining, and its ridiculous low float

sounds like u got impatient or didnt fully understand this stock

I've been trading it for 5 years...since before when it was a dif company called celsucc

I've been holding it for awhile now, I bought at 7 or so and it crashed immediately after and I've been averaging down.

I'm still new at this so I'm just a retard I guess.

I must be pretty new as well since I sold at 7.50

I bought at 9.90 and sold at 10.40 for a quick 50 bucks. still too late, think it will jump again?
i'm jelly I didn't hear about this stock until you posted here and got in and out quick I was scared it would crash.

it will be back to 8 soon enough...its up on news about phase 3 trial initiate start 2018

I wonder if I can get back in near my sell price in a few days

Whats the trades to make today?

$ROPE to escape from this shitty open

Do Interactive Brokers if possible. You gain access to a lot more exchanges. Their phone/chat support is really good too.

Questrade is fucking weak. QT's extended hours trading is shorter than most other's, and there's a chance that if you trade outside of hours, their system barfs and you can't cancel or modify your order. This is in QT's help section and is working as intended.

I've heard OK things about TD.

I entered CAPR 2,500 shares @ 1.83
JNUG 100 Shares @ 18.32
RAD Holding 1000 Shares @ 2.50
AAPL killing me, 30 Shares @ 163.35 (down 6.05% as of right now)
GNCA 2000 Shares @ 5.11, trade will pay off in coming weeks.

Trade at your own risk, these are my positions.

Guys do not panick sell your holdings. Most of the market is down this morning because of Yellen Fed troll.

Unless you're in a shit trade obviously.

Patience pays off.

PULM data is due any day now if you're into a low risk gamble...should give easy +50% gain

CARA CARA COMEBACK when?

Any catalysts cara cara coming up?

sorry -- cara cara catalysts

redpill me

Been trading Biopharma/Biotech for a while now.

Results can be negative and you are looking at least a 40% drop.

of course it could be negative...but it wont :)

holy fuck it's at 11.70 right now up 108%

christ aktx keeps goin up...id be up an additional 7k if I fuckin slept in today....why is it always the day I'm awake and alert that my stocks keep going up past 10 oclock

unless you have information that I don't have, that's probably the stupidest comment I have ever read in all of Veeky Forums, and there's a lot of that here...

>No don't sell AMD tonight. 14.65 is great but it will keep going up tomorrow. Don't sell.
>Fuck

u dont read much do u

You're saying results will NOT be negative. I have been down that road a lot of times and chances are usually even.

Do you trade for a living?

Holy shit slept in what a nice suprise to wake up too

Its not my primary income but i spend the most time at it...would like to eventually but only up to 20k in main acct

>UVXY
>JNUG

Classic AMD

People told me I was "leaving money on the table" when I sold at $15.4

>muh $17 end of week
>muh $20 end of year
>muh jewish conspiracy

Every time

I've never used Questrade. Thanks for the info. IB looks great. How is their platform?

why won't these kike whales just let us blast off to $16

NMM share dilution when

They need to protect the over inflated values of IBM and NVDA, can't let the masses see those companies' competition is going places.

CYCC guys

above all indicators, low rsi, and room to run $2

easy money

IB's platform is a bit confusing at first because you get an overwhelming number of options and data. It's pretty straightforward if you just want to trade in CAD, but you do have to buy USD in your account to trade US stocks. Totally worth it though if you pay attention to exchange rates.

If you want to buy stocks that are in Euros, Swedish Crowns, Yen, etc, then I think you buy USD first then buy the other. The exchange rates are really generous compared to Canadian banks though so don't sweat it.

So yeah, the platform is easy enough if you get used to swapping currencies. It has all the data you could want if you want to get fancier with it. I don't know anyone who has regrets with the platform.

streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=13316138&gfv=1

AMD holders on suicide watch

Hello stockfags/no-coiners
Here in my bedroom enjoying my morning coffee while taking amusement in your suffering.

That 10K buy-in is a real wall though. I may switch from TD when I hit 10K in my account though.

What happens if your account goes under 10k on IB?

if you are 25 or under its 5 k i think

thats how i got my account

Enjoy trading your electronic tulip bulbs while you can. China was just a test. Now get out!

how reliable is that info

Shit I'm 25 but under 10k atm

Do they shut you down if you're not at 10k at 26?

KEK.

Sipping this tasty coffee while I check blockfolio and admire 2x gains on my recent ICO investment.

When will you 2x ANY of your normie stocks? 2 years from now? 5 years?

Stay poor stockfags.

lol i have no idea i turn 26 in a couple months and have slowly been building my account up to 10 k just in case

look at the charts for aktx nigger

I'm 35 though. It's 10K or more for me. I want to find a cheaper, reliable broker for LME futures. The ones I've researched are almost prohibitively expensive and there are not many out there (at least in Canada/US) it seems.

I heard this on Bloomberg this morning too. I think this is classic "buy on rumor, sell on news".

11x on one of THE original coins. 1000 oz of silver. In at $4.50, out at $48.80.

Anons help I got the app and looked around, got a couple hundred bucks I am about to transfer to start investing, but I have no idea what do.Please recommend some basic reading/videos/how to understand market trends, etc
pls help me your my only hope Veeky Forums

I might look into it

I feel like I've been getting cucked hard by robinhood not being able to short sell. Tons of times I could tell something would drop like a rock but couldnt profit off it. The monthly fee/cheap comissons/low apr margin is almost equal to paying robinhood gold too

Investopedia.com is a good start.

I've been watching MoneyWeek videos for a while now too.
youtube.com/user/MoneyWeekVideos/playlists

These will get you the basics.

Oh boy, another ARGS.

quickest way to an hero guys? sold atkx for loss

scalping da fuk outa aktx today, another +$500 in 15 min

this is literally the easist money making machine I have come across all year how

i got in super late, made a quick 50. Saw it kept going up so I tried to get in again... had to stop loss at -126.
lessons learned every day bud.

Tip for you buddy:

DONT BUY WHEN THE TICKER IS UP 80 FUCKING %

Do it Robinhood sucks ass for executions

Plus being able to buy premarket has made me easy cash

Just keep in mind you have to buy market data

sorry dont an hero bud you'll make it back...just buy low sell high k? use limit orders, dont rush or panic. think first b4 u hit da button

Alright thanks user I already read a little on Investopedia. Shame that youtuber stopped uploading.

bought at 10.14. tanked down to 9.4. got out because it looked like it was in free fall. if i held my orginal sell order would have been $250 profit that easily went past. instead i lost $725. and i'm down another $600 on mgti today still holding.

should not have sold aktx its going to 12 fukkin $$