Luxury

What person in history lived the most Luxurious Lifestyle?

French kangs

Mansa Musa

Beat me to it

Probably some middle easterner

West African, actually

Moctezuma never wore the same clothes twice, had ice from the popocateptl volcano brought everyday mixed with honey and fruits to make some kind of slurpies.

either the Ottoman Sultans or whoever was the head nigger in charge during Timbuktoo's heyday

>the head nigger in charge during Timbuktoo's heyday
I meant
>Mansa Musa
but I forgot his name

Modern man.

in what manner?

All things together it's most likely going to be someone alive today given even middle class people can afford amenities the wealthiest kings of old couldn't even dream of.

Modern rich kids with huge trustfunds maybe

With 50 dollars I can have a better meal than any king ever could have dreamed of

He's probably alive now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THE DELUSION

I don't think you realize how plentiful food is nowadays

For gods sake, salt, the most common condiment in modern cooking was more valuable than gold at some points

I live of a fairly average paycheck and yet I am able to use cinnamon as seasoning regularly if I so desired.

Name a medieval or renaissance king who would have done this

Yet you don't own a giant palace with hundreds of servants doting on your every whim
it's not really meaningful to compare the average modern man with kings

enjoy your low soil quality cinnamon while I enjoy wild game and butter feasts

all my kingly food is organic, while you're forced to subsist on GMO corn and fluoridated water

Flava Flav!!!!!

Idris Elba

this is bait

Overall? It's probably a contemporary head of an indian ocean ruling house, as they'd have top money, minimal legal limitations, and cultural expectations to splurge and indulge in distasteful (for western standards) pastimes.

Relative to his contemporaries? Hard to say. I would imagine a chinese emperor would have the greatest potential.

>Romans usually were austere people.
More like roman emperors lacked the social distance from the higher nobility to allow them to indulge in excessive behaviours without negative backlash.

I can't say much about the far east, but in the Ancient world, probably some Persian. The Romans were an austere people.

The Romans admired austerity and didn't admire excessive behavior.

do you stupid fucks not realize thats kangz werent just sitting around getting fed grapes all day? they actually had to, you know, run their respective jurisdictions and could potential get killed if they didnt

>falling for the "lazy, soft Asian / austere, cool European" Entightenment meme

OP the richest persons in history where the Mughal emperors that ruled large parts of the Indian subcontinent for two centuries. They ruled a quarter of the worlds total population and over a third of worlds total GDP as absolute monarchs. Also they made tons of cash from the Saltpeter trade and wisely spent it on some of the most insane bling ever made.

No, they think the aristocracy sat around all day doing nothing.

The Roman writers of the period praised an austere life.

Bill Gates

Early empire sure but by the end the emperors had adopted the full luxurious lifestyle