U.S. stock benchmarks retreated Wednesday afternoon as the Federal Reserve announced that...

>U.S. stock benchmarks retreated Wednesday afternoon as the Federal Reserve announced that, for the first time in nine years, it would start reducing the size of its $4.5 trillion asset portfolio starting in October.

>The U.S. central bank kept interest rates unchanged, as widely expected, but said it would start to shrink its balance sheet by $10 billion a month. The start of the asset unwind also places another rate increase before the end of the year by the Fed back on the table, signaling more definitively an end to the easy-money policies in the U.S. and an unprecedented unwind of crisis-era asset purchases that had helped to buoy markets over the past decade.

news.morningstar.com/all/dow-jones/us-markets/201709207366/market-snapshot-stock-market-slumps-as-fed-to-kick-start-great-unwind.aspx
theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/20/federal-reserve-financial-crisis-stimulus-sell-off-interest-rates

Why is nobody here talking about this? the stock market is about to be irrevocably BTFO starting in october. how short are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/20/federal-reserve-financial-crisis-stimulus-sell-off-interest-rates
thebalance.com/what-was-obama-s-stimulus-package-3305625
thebalance.com/arra-details-3306299
economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/03/economist-explains-5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_funds_rate
investopedia.com/articles/basics/04/052104.asp
bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/7-surprising-benefits-of-higher-interest-rates-from-the-federal-reserve/#slide=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why is nobody here talking about this?
Big black crypto cocks are more important.

Fuck the Fed, I hope trump abolishes the Fed and redistributes the assets over the United states

We are too smart here to be invested in stocks (except for the folks at the robincuck general)

The stock market is like
FINALLY I CAN DIE

After tapering, it was just chop and like a topping and we started to get more flash crashes. Think about how this was the result of just tapering ending the new bond purchases, they only stopped buying new bonds but kept the balance sheet of what they had already purchased. Retards seem to not think about how everything is invested into this like sovereign wealth funds and pension funds. When it pops imagine big funds like the Illinois / Chicago pension funds being bankrupted and totally wiped out.

>he thinks the stock market will flip over this
>he thinks that the stockholders are scared over this little crisis
Worry about your digital tulips, your market cap is about to fall to $0.

will this move weaken the dollar or strengthening it?

This has been talked to death by anyone who follows stocks, fed has caused a bubble with low rates and huge asset spending go figure

what coin is this?

It's not unexpected. This is the necessary conclusion of the Fed's post 2008 strategy. The Fed started buying up a shitload of bonds, pushing yields down. The point of this was to make the stock market a more attractive investment and keep people investing in the stock market when the economy was tanking.

Now the Fed's balance sheet is huge and they need to get rid of dead weight bonds.

>theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/20/federal-reserve-financial-crisis-stimulus-sell-off-interest-rates
I understood almost none of this. What do I need to read/watch/study to actually understand it? Give me some resources.

what are you doing on Veeky Forums

5'7". Kinda sucks.

>The start of the asset unwind
>an unprecedented unwind

Why do journalists fuck up basic grammar so much these days? I know it's minor, but these faggots get paid to write things. Why is it asking too much that they avoid such glaring errors?

rofl

this is a rabbit hole you dont want to chase my friend

I have too much free time, might as well learn a bit about how shit works

The fed is acting pretty aggressive I take it as a act of war but of course trump will just spout memes instead of hitting real issues

>stimulus package
thebalance.com/what-was-obama-s-stimulus-package-3305625

thebalance.com/arra-details-3306299

>quantitative easing, what the feds did
economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2015/03/economist-explains-5

>interest rates
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_funds_rate

investopedia.com/articles/basics/04/052104.asp

bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/7-surprising-benefits-of-higher-interest-rates-from-the-federal-reserve/#slide=1

this is just for the US economy doesnt factor in outside sources like china, EU and other economies

thanks user I'll make sure to read those
>666
very auspicious