History's most unsung hero. Cicero did nothing wrong

History's most unsung hero. Cicero did nothing wrong.

"Cicero is a hero"

t. Cicero

More like 'Cicero did nothing'.

>Cicero did everything wrong
FTFY

He could certainly use a hand or two.

>one of the most popular figures of the ancient world
>unsung

Cicero was a ""moderate"" forced to play optimate fuckfuck games and stood by in helpless impotence as more ruthless men dismantled the Republic for their own personal gain.

He was a genius at rhetoric and philosophy, wrote some of the most compelling treatise on government in western history, but that didn't save him from being put to the sword in order to better serve the man who would tame the Romans

So is it glorious to pronounce his name with hard C's rather than gay Anglo soft C's?

Kikero?

It all makes sense now.

He said "hard C's", not "K's" you retard.

A Hard C is a K you retard.

>Unsung

I see you are new to history...

>Er hurd C = K u retuhrd.

It would have been pronounced KEE-ke-ro and meant "chickpea", a reference to one of his ancestors who had an unsightly giant wart on his nose, a name which Cicero wore proudly, despite his friends advising him against it.

Cicero is hilarious; he's the epitome of the butthurt establishment fogey rambling as his beloved order collapses around him. Veeky Forums should keep memeing him.

>did nothing wrong
>white man

Pick one

That was Cato's thing. Cicero was more of a sleazeball politician type. Like If Cato was John McCain to Caesar's Trump, Cicero was Mitch McConnell

>$
What did he mean by this? Genuinely asking, is it a placeholder for a period denomination or is he converting to modern US dollars or what?

Conversion. In Roman values Cicero amassed 2,200,000 sesterces from Cillicia. No idea how they established the rate between dollar and sesterce, but there it is.

>Muh end justifies the means
Was he the original edgelord?

>I have always been of the opinion that unpopularity earned by doing what is right is not unpopularity at all, but glory.
Thank you Cicero for repackaging Plato's Republic into """original quotes by me do not steal"""
God Cicero is such a fucking nerd. The only thing Caesar did wrong was not bullying that autist's shit in even harder.

>being this fucking dumb
Look up anything on Classical Latin, the vast majority of scholars agree it was Kikero

>unsung
>his orations are required readings in every Latin language and classical history class around the world from middle school to university

t. Marcus Antonius

This is an absolutely terrible analogy in every single regard, and you deserve to be strung up by your ballsack for it.

Source

Cicero was like the charismatic, flawed, human face to Cato's autism

>mfw The First Oration Against Mark Antony

underrated

I will not keep my sword in vagina

Marcus Antonius is one of history's greatest monsters.