Can you guys show me what a modern day roman soldier would look like

Can you guys show me what a modern day roman soldier would look like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whatever the Waffen SS or Wehrmacht would've evolved into if they won

I think you mean American troops in Afghanistan.

like the italian military?

yeh right....perhaps you should pop back to /pol/

>people who imitated 14th - 15th century German knights would start looking like Romans

Ok

>Italians
>"modern Romans"

Negligible difference gear-wise.

People think Romans were all in shinny armor and everyone around them was butt naked, in rags or wearing outdated gear, but Rome's military was about as well equipped as its neighbors, just in a greater scale. Greeks had Thureo shields and mail, so did Celts and Iberians, and Parthians had even better armor than Rome. The ancient world wasnt all that disparate in tech levels and designs were brought around the world.

Just like how most modern Soldiers look really similar, everyone who can afford it gets the best solution available and learns from others. A modern Roman would be as well fitted as the average modern western soldier, assuming warfare is at the same level.

I said anything about armor or gear to make a relation or parallel between American soldiers in the modern day with Roman legionary counterparts in antiquity.

This thread is autism

Yeah modern Italians are Germanic

Hey guys, if somewhat Poland survived to this day, would they soldiers look like this?

why dont they look germanic

Why do people think that modern Roman soldiers would look anything like 1st century Roman soldiers when Roman soldiers eventually didn't even look like that?

this activated my almonds

Tenth post best post

this would be pretty dope, desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

Pic related

>Greek LARPers
>Roman

>muh germanic rape babies

t. Dominigger

Many of them do and italian are mixed with germanic, greek and latin

I always use my name, pigskin

so the roman empire would have to survive until today. they probably would have conquered the entirity of europe because their logistical and bureacratic system wouldve improved.
then the middle east would have conquered the new world because they wouldve lost a holy war against islam.
meaning islam wouldve conquered the new world.
but still, romans wouldve still had plenty of recourses and probably wouldve conquered africa. so youd have 2 great empires. roman empire and some arabic empire all united by abrahamic religions.
now lets go to the year 2017. they would have had such grand armies because of the battle sizes.
romans wouldve had big ass tanks and big ass planes with huge crosses on them dropping big ass bombs.
muslims, owning the new world. would have had a huge ass navy and probably huge airplanes too. but wouldnt have a big land army. at one point the 2 empires would probably run out of human lives to throw at eachother and would collapse.

Probably not - camouflage is necessary for 21st century combat. Looks cool though.

They basically did survive though, since Muscovy became the third Rome, encompassing the autocratic state model, and the Senate devolved into the Papal Curia, by a function of the early Curia being an old folks home for distinguished Romans.

WE

What the fuck arr you saying brainlet?
If the roman empire would have survived , arabs would have stayed in arabia with their islam

Retard.

>I am go now
>*Unsheathes Szabla*
>KURWA!
>"NO WOJTEK"
>*instantly ripped to shreads by machine gun fire*
I'll miss that crazy bastard

No they're not.

Like modern 3rd gen soldiers unless youre too autistic to care about practicality

What?

Stop pretending to be me, shitskin.

Seriously dude, fuck off.

>Dominigger calling anyone shitskin

What a delusional shitskin

No, they are mix-breeds of Germano-Arab-Moroccan-Greeks realistically speaking.