Daddy Bush

Did people hate his guts like Putin because he was literally a spook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7SwWfDJheRA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>won 2 of the most well-executed wars in modern American history
>lacked Clinton's bullshit optimism about the world and sized things up in real terms
>lost because he raised taxes, which Clinton then proceeded to do but it's fine because le Mr. Sax man!!!
>goal was to save thousands of lives in Somalia with food aid, not try a nation-building operation and then pull out (a la Clinton)
>Mexico City policy
Boi if you don't

This

By the time he became President, nobody really cared about his year as CIA director.

>lost because he raised taxes, which Clinton then proceeded to do but it's fine because le Mr. Sax man!!!

That has to do with expectations and framing. When you run on a platform that says "I will never raise taxes no matter what" and then you later realize that isn't really a practical idea, it becomes very easy to accuse you of hypocrisy, especially if your from a political party that likes to present itself as the anti-tax party as much as possible.

To be fair, winning an election after your party has held the white house for three terms is hard as fuck.

Also, he simply wasn't as interesting as Reagan or Clinton. Nigga was too low key for an American politician.

Compromise for the national interest and betterment of the nation > personal political ambition

that's like statesmanship 101

I never said that Bush was a bad president. He obviously wasn't.
My point was that politics isn't fair, and voters are fickle creatures that will often fail to turn out when you need them.

Wtf i love the deep state now

>Mexico City policy
I'm not sure that's a good thing. Do we really want more babies in the 3rd world?

Yes

yes

It's not that he raised taxes he hit people up with a year of back taxes iirc out of nowhere. Also he wasn't truCIA™, he just served a year as director as a political appointee right after the church committee stuff.

Papa Bush didn't seem so bad after all in retrospect, and was the last of the old guard WASP elite.

>>lacked Clinton's bullshit optimism
The man gave the OG speech about the neoliberal new world order. He clearly bought into an end of history narrative. Which is not to say good presidency was worse off for it

HW Bush is bae, eat shit Iraq. He knew how to get stuff done, extremely competent president

pretty much this

He was actually a pretty good president but
>Read my lips, no new taxes
>proceeds to raise taxes
crippled him, though Perot making it a three way race was also a big part of it

>MFW Populists morons are beating out the intelligent elite

Sad they are a dying breed

>Panama and Iraq had no real reason to happen and was just a guy kicking over sand castles
>raised taxes after promising not to
Also he was the guy who started the negotiations for NAFTA and the Immigration Act of 1990 created H-1B visas and got rid of English as a requirement for immigration; he laid the groundwork for the massive spike in illegal Mexicans and Squatemalans. Bush is one of the most actively shitty presidents we've ever had and his policies and worldview as a tool of/high level member of the globalist Deep State have utterly ruined this country.

Fuck him.

I seriously do not understand how people can go "well he wasn't so bad". NAFTA and the Immigration Act of 1990 are fucking horrid and have had a net negative effect on the United States.

>Had no real reason to happen
I'm pretty sure that violating treaties and invading sovereign territory is a pretty good fucking reason

Le Sax Man was cool and young, where as Bush, though a competent leader, was deeply uncharismatic, not to mention Cotton Hill took 18% of the vote that more than likely would've voted Republican.

>Panama and Iraq had no real reason to happen

Shut up, hippie.

Got a link to that speech?

>won 2 of the most well-executed wars in modern American history
Too bad we shouldn't have been in those wars or in any war since Korea actually

Bush refers to this new world world on many occasions.

youtube.com/watch?v=7SwWfDJheRA

Bizarre man.

new world order*

CIA assets who weren't playing by the CIA rules.

Wrong, NAFTA was good for the US. The only people who bitch about NAFTA are people who know fuck all about economics and the Immigration Act of 1990 facilitated the ease of immigration for skilled labor into the US, which was a huge boon for American businesses.

Bush was a great president, his policies along with Reagan's lead to the boom year of the 90's