What historical items do you own?

What historical items do you own?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/f1cAAOSwOWRZ0Kz5/s-l500.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is that called OP? I know that it's used for religious purpose by the Nordic people but nevet really knew what it's called

faggot paddle

It's older than 25 years, at least

>Heh.. Nothing personal Christian.

I've got a bunch of gold French coins from the second half of the 19th century, and a nice Chinese poster from the 70s I think

I've got a bunch of medals grandpa took off dead krauts. If memory serves it's an iron cross, infantry assault badge, war merit cross w.sounds, war merit badge and a black wound badge. Will post pics if there's any interest

Also got a pretty large medal collection of my own. My favorite being the US WWI victory medal with 2 battle clasps

Thor's hammer

Several gold coins as well as less valuable coins
An Iron Cross from my Great-Great-Grandfather
Several other medals
An FDJ badge my great-grandfather found on the Stalinallee in Berlin one day after the June Uprising in the GDR

it's a nordic cross. it's what scandiavians replaced their hercules club necklaces with after the converted to christianity.

an ancient scythian coin...pretty neat having something people were holding literally thousands of years ago

ive got a bunch of stuff but the best being- WW1 Iron cross, Hindenburg cross, War merit cross, and another one i cant identify, all in one grouping

A city map of Barcelona from the year 1905.

I got a 18th century war medal dedicated to the recapture of Boston during the american revolution.

EBIN LARP FRIEND LETS REMAKE THE NORTHSEA EMPIRE TOGETHER

-Postcard of Franz Josef I
-Collection of 20x 20 reichmark paper bills
-Finnish winter war medal
-American medal for air combat (cant remember exact name)

>literally stolen valour

>tfw have franz Joseph Jubilebiere
>tfw it's Bavarian not Austrian
If only Bavaria would secede from """"""Germany""""" and join Austria

oh yeah i have also have a postcard of bavaria from the first world war

Bavaria has 1.5 times the inhabitants of Austria and probably a stronger economy as well. If anything, it'd be the other way around

dude if you could post pics thatd be mad

Post it when you can
Yes because that never happened historically COUGH brunswick Luneburg COUGH Austria and Protestant Bohemia COUGH

sure thing mate might take me some time ill get it by tonight

i.ebayimg.com/images/g/f1cAAOSwOWRZ0Kz5/s-l500.jpg

some stuff from the soviet era. pic related is my fathers stamp collection, his fathers watch and an old chess game with the name of my hometown on it. I also have a few soviet badges and coins.

I have a bunch of pottery sherds that I collect from my archaeological digs

i have a few soviet stamps, a few of Lenin too

go for it man

pretty fucked up of your grandpa

I have a Royal Irish Constabulary coat, a bag full of 16th century Scottish coins, and a Prussian 1889 pattern cavalry troopers' sword

ukonkirves

Post sword

A powder horn used by a union soldier from the civil war. I'll post a pic later if this thread is still alive.

>Lenape arrow head I found on the banks of the Hudson river

>2 Lenape axe heads

>2 American WWI war bonds posters

>1 copy of the front page of the NY Times announcing America's entry into WWI

>Dat Brezhnev aesthetic

Family Heirloom tier
>A fuckton of arrowheads from a family farm
>A pocket watch passed down from father to son for four generations
>My granddad’s(mom’s side) M1 Garand
>Great granddad’s(mom’s side) purple heart from being wounded in WW1 (story if wanted)
>Great grandfather’s(dad’s side) flask
>A sewing kit kit case made from ivory
>A ton of tobacco pipes from a hundred years ago
>A carving set made from a melted down sword given to my family by William of Orange(story if wanted)
Veeky Forums tier(not passed down but acquired either myself or with my family when I was young)
>1950s Army reserve poster
>Original poster of USS Constitution vs HMS Guerriere from the war of 1812
>An original flyer of the colonists pulling down the statue of King George III translated into Dutch for the Netherlands
>Vietnam War era M1 Helmet
>British helmet from the Troubles
>A fuckton of old books either bought or found ranging from 1850s to 1950s

oh and a ton of news papers from WW2 and the Cold war

please don't let such an interesting thread die.
also post some pics of your items.

stories pls

Oh and some journals of an Ohio governor when he surveyed a lot of southern Ohio in the 1800s

>1640
>Be my family.
>Be covenanters in Scotland and Parliament supporters in the south.
>English civil war happens and Scotch covenanters get btfo’d by Cromwell
>Family in the south vouch for them and keep them from getting killed by Parliament forces.
>Hate England but hate Catholics more so they wind up joining the Parliamentary forces.
>Cromwell’s dies and his dumbshit son loses Commonwealth.
>Charles II
>Fug we helped kill your dad
>Get btfo’d by Charlie and some flee to North American colonies.
>The others lay low
>I’llGetYouBitch.jpg
>William comes to England to overthrow James II
>Side with William
>Through a bunch of bullshit wind up fighting along with Williamite forces at the Battle of Boyne waters.
>Get told to hold bridge.
>k, we can do that
>fucking irish everywhere
>Go full rip and tear and hold bridge while the whole British army forgets we are even alive.
>William finds family members and their forces drenched in blood and gore on the bridge.
>Oh fug you guys lived?
>Get land and ceremonial sword for almost dying
>cool.jpg
>get bored, go to America
>Crown employs us to hunt asshole natives, turns out the ones who fled here have made a career of hunting asshole natives.
>fight in french and indian war
>Revolution happens, family split due to dislike of taxes but also loyalty to crown
>American side who has sword has older daughter younger son.
>Daughter wants sword but the rule is it goes to the son
>Cunt steals it and melts it down into carving set
>ThatWillShowHim.jpg
>Her father marries her off to some frog in Quebec
>Son’s Son kills Indians with carving knife in Creek war.

Now it sits on a shelf in my living room.

got a medal for participation in the Greek resistance against the Nazi occupation in WW2 from my grandfather, also got a medal for serving during WW1, no idea who from.

Purple heart story

>1917
>Be my family
>Be a small man named Ray in St. Marys
>Be good with horses
>Join Army cause poor farmer.
>”Army life is great, I get to ride horses and eat three times a day.”
>Deployed to France.
>The Marne
>Assigned to machine gun unit
>fug
>One morning wake up late for breakfast
>Go to mess hall
>All we got in this vat of bacon fat Ray
>whatever i’ll eat some of that
>Go out to fight.
>Get cut off from rest of battalion
>Need water to cool machine gun
>Get caught in barrage
>Shrapnel goes through leg
>Fug
>Lay in mud for like three hours
>get picked up by medical squads
>Oh fug another barrage
>They leave him on the stretcher in the field
>fug
>gas attack
>FUG
>live through this and drag himself to field hospital
So, i’m sure that you all know what a jerry can is, and how we came to use it. Hint:JERRY can, so we use canteens to carry gasoline.
>Ray is lying in hospital, life is pretty shit.
>Ask for water, get handed canteen.
>Take a couple large chugs.
>Guy next to him leaps across his bed and swats the canteen out of his hand.
>Ray was chugging gasoline.
>Ray’s life now is really shit, sick as hell and a silver dollar sized hole in his leg.
>Live because of the bacon fat in his stomach.
>Gets purple heart and goes home.
>For the rest of his life he couldn’t drive for shit due to the car backfiring, his leg, and his fear of going too fast.
>Still could ride horses very well
>Dies at age 97 when he throws gas on a fire and it comes back up the stream of gas and explodes.
>3rd degree burns.
>This doesn’t kill him, the heart attack when the paramedics drop his stretcher does.

Don’t play with gasoline and bacon fat saves lives

>keeps a fucking carving knife
The state of Americlaps

I fail to see why that would be inappropriate.
>"well this sword got melted down and turnern into a carving knife so I'll throw away the knife."

Seems not only wastful but also quite childish. Not to mention the story of the item doesn't just end when it becomes a knife, we used it as a hunting and combat knife because that's what you use knives for in the 1800s.

How does it be a carving knife diminish it's value to my family?

Aha yeah, here's your ceremonial scottish sword mate. Your ancestor should have beaten his daughter to death, and binned that knife, like a good shariah abiding citizen. Honestly though it's kinda petty.

Bin that knife? Man we were in America by then. Like I said, the whole point was that the girl was assmad and wanted to show her dad, but it didn't matter cause what the fuck are you going to use a ceremonial sword for in the American Northwest. I'd much rather have a knife that killed some Native fucking shits than the sword at this point.

Looks more like this.

I dunno, they burned down his village and killed his family so I'd say it's about even

I mean the Germans killed his family and the rest of his village so I'll call it even

Sorry about that, fell asleep early pics are incoming

Various medals from various other nations including a WWI/WWII victory medal and a beat up ARVN gallantry cross along with a nva pin

French resistance medal, WWI croix de Guerre, Africa Star, Saudi medal for the liberation of Kuwait, Italian medal for the Ethiopian campaign and WWI Italian victory medal

If anyone's got any questions I'll be happy to answer them

Apologies for non-aesthetic pic, if anyone wants a close up of the valuable stuff gib me a (you)
>Austrian gold coin 4 Ducat, Franz Joseph I, dated 1915, gifted to me by my Serbian uncle, who acquired it from a jeweller in Belgrade. Value range from 900-1900 dollars based on condition
>Russian gold 5 rouble, Nicholas II, dated 1900, also gifted by my uncle, to my brother. Valued at around 200-300 dollars.
>What looks to be pre-WWII Mundlos sewing tin box, belonged to grandmother. Inside are old Yugoslavian coins, including one 1926 Greek 2 Drachma, a 1939 Alb*nian 2 Lek and the oldest, an 1897 Serbian Kingdom 1 Dinar, the rest are all Yugo, all pre-WWII
>a bunch of Tito pins my uncle used to collect
And on my dad's side:
>Dad reached officer rank
>an old whistle from when he used to play Rugby in the British Army
>a British army paperpress
Fuck you dad

I have a mug from 2016, there is a bird on it, I enjoy all kinds of drinks from it.

Here's your (you)

Post pics

Austrian Franz Joseph 4 Ducat

I am going to wait till 2050 to cash in on it, sorry

5 rouble, Nicholas II, it's gold but very small and its dark here.

I have an Iron Cross that says "For The Kaiser. 1914" in German. I have no idea where it came from in my family and it's extremely rusted.

Pic related

Just some Toltec stuff.

I've got tons of stuff, ranging from various military clothing and paraphernalia, to countless coins from the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries and before, to a 1988 Macintosh SE.

Let me guess, American?

Yep

The 18th century coins and tons of clothing gave it away. It's not that common in Europe, most yuropoor grandparents would sell all that shit to a museum.

>Barbarians
>valor

Yeah. Honestly, most of the clothing isn't more than 20 or 30 years old. Also, I try to take very good care of my coins, especially those worth more than $10 or so.

I have the coin of Byzantine Nikephoros originally converted as a necklace that I keep around my neck. What I love about it is that Nikephoros claimed Ghassanid decent and my family were the original ghassanid founders of Ramallah. My mother side lived in Bethlehem as Christians for as long as I can trace their history

so, you wuz kangs n shiet? Nice

yup we wuzing is really enjoyable once you realize it can be used to help people living in alien lands disconnected from any historical past. I'm a first generation who grew up in California

My grandfather fought for the Slovenian home guard and later escaped to Austria. I have some of his POW papers and trinkets from when he was fighting.

I have this book call the American Statesmen by John T. Morse.JR. Its copyrighted in 1884. The covers the life of John Adams the 2nd president of the U.S.

I am a man of great taste and have many leather-bound books

A piece of shell from a sea snail used to make purplum (purple dye) Got it at a city which was a main center of production for purplum. The ground around certain buildings was absolutely littered.

I also own an amphora lid from a Greek port trading town. There are shards of pottery scattered all over the countryside around there.

This weird brooch thing I found metal detecting. It has grooves in the back for a (pin)? I think it may be an 1800s kilt pin.

I have a GI's Bible, a Hitler Youth armband, and a "Vote Nixon" pin from the 60s.

Aside from that, there's my medieval Reenactor garb, some Norse jewlery, and a chainmail hauberk, but those are all reproductions.

>WWI
Brodie helmet
Ross Rifle bayonet

>WWII
Brodie helmet
Canadian Army Medical Corps badge
Iron Cross 2nd Class
1941/42 Eastern Front medal, aka the frozen meat medal

And the artillery shell is British/Canadian from the late 1800's, I can't remember the caliber.

I have this adz, basically the blade of an ancient hoe. I forget how old my archaeology professor said it was. at least a couple thousand.

Your grandpa is or was a fucking disgusting scum of a human being. Looting dead corpses is what subhumans do

here's one at an angle.

A Lenin metal bust from the 60s. There was a big £2000 Stalin head recently for sale but I couldn’t afford it.

>looting corpses is what subhumans do
t.faggot

why would you fucking spend 2000 bong dollars on that

It was really quite big and heavy too .

I have a bronze Lenin bust somewhere in the attic and it's scrap metal tier. You almost got scammed hardcore.

t.naziboo

Depends on what you mean historical.
I own a lot of vintage suits from the 30s to 50s.
I also own a jacket from before the 1910s, possibly from the early 1900s. It's a Hickey & Freeman jacket from the Rochester factory before they became modern day Hickey-Freeman.

that's a rock

the amulet of cringe

I live right near the church where the covenant was drafted and the Covenanters prison in Edinburgh where they Shoah'd thousands of them. I didn't think they were well known outside Scotland.

well yes user, it's a stone tool

a prussian bayonet of the late 19th century, a glass fragment from the first atomic test site

I own a 1893 Chilean Mauser and a 1956 Sino-Soviet SKS. Both function beautifully and are a great deal of fun to shoot, although the 7mm is pretty expensive unfortunately.

Other than that I have a few magazines from the early 20th century including one from 1916 with article about the War in Europe.

My dad has a vintage Lenin bust, complete with cyrillic markings on the inside. He got it from some old Ukranian immigrant's garage sale.

Also my brother owns a Red Army ushanka from the 80's, made with real fur.

Mjolnir

M1 Garand, M91/30 Mosin Nagant, early 20th century cast iron skillets, probably other gun shit

My Grandma's cousin was in the signal corps stationed in Libya and I somehow inherited the stuff he brought back.
>A really rusted stahlhelm
>A horsetail flywhisk
>Italian and German decals
>Old headphones
Don't have any pics on hand tho