Hungarian history

What can Veeky Forums tell me about Hungary and it's history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y
youtube.com/watch?v=VevZ5qbFc5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

narrow it a down a bit, its about 1200years of documented history

Was strong London because of how centralised it was and gold mines
Then lost to mongols because of how centralised it was
So became decentralised with the king letting everyone build castles when originally only he could
This decentralisation made it weak and so was taken by the Turks because their parliament bickered and Austria didn't help because their candidate wasn't elected

Army went from slightly settled steppe niggers to a unique form of feudalism called 'castle warriors' to hussar light cav and then just copied everyone else

Also Hungarians are just Slavs that speak Magyar, the actual Magyar steppe niggers were basically all wiped out in battle
Magyars were Porto-Turks-mongols so get Mehmed to shut up

this is all wrong

t. *throat singing* WE WUZ TURAN *KURVA ANYAD*

So why do so many people think castle warriors existed then

>tfw your Hungarian Jew friend actually WEWUZ' for Atilla, and completely misunderstands 'scourge of god'

its frontier fighters at best, it was only on the frontier, who were settled on the borderlands, defended the forts and get payed, also raided the otto man

meme thread

>settled the border lands
Nigga the post mongol reforms spread castles to more than just the border, LEARN TO READ TO LEARN

it's a shithole and since ~1500 everything is shit here,

>borders are static it cant move

you learn to read mongoloid

Why would you say that?

youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y

because its fucking poor and its going to stay poor for eternity

500 years of relative prosperity and being the bulwark of christianity followed by 500 years of getting raped in every single orifice by turks, austrians and russians.

>bulwark of Christianity

Kek.

Miklos Horthy did nothing wrong

>angry roma

>Admiral without a fleet
>did nothing wrong
got news for you son

Horthy was a complete and utter faggot.
>ruler of a monarchy who abolished the pragmatic sanction told the rightful king to fuck off, effectively establishing a kingdom without a king
>allied himself to Hitler, spent a few years attacking his own allies and several years down the line when the war got out of hand tried to backstab the Germans and join the allies
>this prompted the Germans to depose and arrest him and replace him with a LARPing retard who to his credit at least wasn't a traitor like Horthy
>snitched on the Germans in Nuremberg with made up shit in order to save his own ass from being prosecuted

>6% gyppo population

>>Hungary
>>History
Funny shit, man.

Unironically this.

>be savage steppenigger fuck
>lechfeld
>be feudal autocratic kingdom
>mohi
>be decentralized renaissance kingdom
>mohacs
>fade into irrelevancy forever

this, sad.

What did he say wrong? Croatia - Hungary - Romania = Borders of Europe and Christianity for centuries. Its geography

Hungarians are slavic We Wuz steppeniggers.

They're actually Austrian/German

they hate slavs because they refused to learn hungarian language
they also used to backstab Christendom on common basis with fucking over balkan slavs and for example assisting turks at vienn

after mohacs they were also infamous for being untrustworthy due to how often they changed they alignment from pro-austrian to pro-ottoman back and forth

Hungarians, like their germanic cousins, have a special mission in the world.

Their place in history attests to this fact. They have experienced almost nothing but bad luck and pushback throughout the centuries.

The ((world)) hates germans and hungarians because it senses that they're innately superior.

G O U L A S H

>They have experienced almost nothing but bad luck
>1867
>bad luck

Someday I hope we can all have an actual decent Hungarian thread

Well they didn't get their own country did they

Ask me anything.

The enmity between hungarians and slavs only started in 1848 when slavs took the austrian side in the revolution.

For the second point you must understand the conditions they faced during the turkish occupation.
>Austria did not send help in 1526 when the ottomans defeated the hungarians
>a lot of villages had to pay taxes to both the turks and austrians
>while they had to give headtax to the ottomans, they also had to go fight in the austrian army
>they were often sent off to fight in Italy, Germany, Silesia or the Low Countries while their home villages were pillaged by the turks
>both the turks and austrians burned down villages suspected of collaboration with the enemy
>hungarian low nobility became more protestant during the reformation which lead to opposition from the austrian side which remained catholic
>basically treated as a big buffer zone by both sides, scorched earth tactic employed regularly
>austrians did not support hungarian uprisings against the turks as it would have diminished their influence over the country if they succeded
>the ottomans on the other hand supported such movements against the austrians

Rakosi did nothing wrong.

Tell me how to get a hungarian gf

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as slavs, are in fact, ruthenians/eastern germanic descendants of kievan rus, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, east nordids.

Slavs are not a race unto itself, but rather another component of the ethnogenesis of the scandinavian norse germanic people from the migration of the peoples and onward, made historically relevant by the kievan rus settlements in Gardariki by the norsemen who traveled down the Volga and founded both Russia and Ukraine before being christianized by the byzantine empire.

Many eastern germanics speak the artifical glagolithic church language invented by the greek monk Cyrill, which is where the term cyrillics stems from. Before that, they spoke old norse and revered pagan germanic gods.

All the so-called "slavs" are really descendants of eastern germanics. There is objectively no argument to be made against this historical fact.

Thanks for reading, and please refer to them as "eastern germanics" next time you make a "slav" post.

Rákosi was a power hungry, vile and sadistic jew, who sent tens of thousands to their deaths. He even believed his own propaganda that he was really loved the very people he enslaved.

is there a single nation hungarians dont hate in eastern eu
they hate serbia croatia austria romania slovakia and many others with their we dindu nuffin atittude

Poles, Bulgarians and Russians.

It was independent in internal matters and functioned like its own country and they could even oppose measures from Vienna, something the other nations in the Empire counted even dream of.

Be rich. It also help if you are from Western Europe. If you are a non-white you can get laid quite easily but don't get your hopes up for a lasting relationship.

>A Kingdom without a King

You *CANNOT* make this shit up!

Communists did less harm to Hungary than conservative governments. And commies did a lot of bad things.

>slavs took the austrian side in the revolution
There was a "Slovak uprising" but it had more Czechs than Slovaks in it, and many more Slovaks fought on Kossuth's side.

What do you mean? Genuinely curious.

We used to just be called aryans, but then the Romanian women called us well hung aryans. Eventually it got shortened to Hungarian

>If you are a non-white you can get laid quite easily
When will this meme die? White woman, especially european, are racist as fuck and only fuck white guys

Hungarian women DONT race mix, only gypsies but they're R*manian not Hungarian. Czech women love black dick and I don't even have to mention the French and Germans they live big cut Arab cock

Two lost world wars, over a million death, serious territorial losses. Compared to that the commies killed a few thousand people.

>Admiral without a Navy
>Kingdom without a King
>Trianon in general
is there a more JUST nation in europe?

Commies made Trianon possible. That's the biggest harm Hungary suffered since 1526.

I actually really like their marches.
youtube.com/watch?v=VevZ5qbFc5U

What was Austria-Hungary like for Hungary

Nope. We have been completely defeated in World War 1. It was practically irrelevant after that, no one could've change the events after that.

Nope. It was the defeat in the World War 1. I know that the Hungarian "conservatives" always blame Károlyi for Trianon but in reality it's just our Dolchstoßlegende. In reality the Hungarian politics and decisions after the war were irrelevant.

Sperging out did not help. The border was initially Temesvar-Arad-Nagyvarad-Szatmar(I hope I got these right since I don't speak your tongue). Then the Hungarian army retreated West, across Tisza after a lost struggle against Romania. I'm not sure Kun had taken over at this point, but when the Hungarian army pushed against the Romanians in August, it was him using nationalistic propaganda and begging Lenin for help. The collapse that followed could have cost Hungary every piece of land east of Tisza because that's what Bratianu pushed for and he could have used the anticommie rhetoric fair and square. He pushed the border 50-60 kms westward and called it a day. And then the Romanian army robbed Hungary blind for "war reparations" and fucked off with cows, sheep, fowl, industry on trains which, of course, weren't returned either.

Lies.

The plan for post war borders was already announced by Clemanceau and published in the press. The nationalist propaganda Kun used included that map and calls for preventing such an outcome.

Having driven passed that in august, its absolutey mindblowingly beautiful.
All of the old city in budapest are amazing but drive for 5 min and you get to the commie block parts etc.

Hungary is a very very nice country to live in if you have some western style money. Just to be a hungarian dude must suck because of how poor they are and how insanely corrupt their politicians are.
other than that, beautiful place with great food and alcohol and a healthy hate for everything gypsy/muslim.

How do you eat your Langos?
Like a true gentleman of culture like myself? red onion, sour cream, cheese

Best time in hundreds of years, baically everything notable that you will see or hear as a tourist (architrcture, art, food products, classical music, really, about half of what we call Hungrian culture today) was created during that period.

>red onion

Absolutely disgusting, use garlic.

The plans for the partition were ready years before the war. Romanians would occupy as much land as they could regardless of the Hungarian government since there were barely any resistance after the collapse. In that regard propaganda doesn't matter, if there wouldn't be any commies they would use their old rhetorics about the Hungarian oppressors. It was the deluded A-H leadership that pushed us into a pointless conflict and that caused the chaos post war.

Blame the historic mistrust between Hungarians and Romanians for all the illa that befell both our nations. The Turkroaches would have never conquered Buda had the Romanian principalities and Zapolya helped. The Habshits would have never taken over in the 17th century either. It took our ancestors 1 year of slaughter and mayhem to realize infighting only helped the Habshits and the Czar's army is on its way in 1849. Even in WW 2 mistrust helped the Soviets complete the encirclement at Stalingrad. And now Hungarians, after having been smashed and betrayed for more than a century by those savage mongrels to the East bow their heads in honor of that Cosa Nostra balding manlet because he btfos le librulz and refugees that he's helping create.

Sour cream and cheese, possibly peppers. It's insulting how us Transylvanian Romanians are so much closer to Hungarians than those mongrels we share a language with from across the mountains.

I usually eat it for breakfast on vacation at about 11am or Noon, served with 2 0,5l beers.
I cant eat raw garlic that early. Also you cant be serious, red onion is one of the best things ever on anything or in salad.

The cities of the old Crown of Hungary, in order of beauty

Budapest
Fiume
Ragusa
Schassburg
Beograd
Pressburg
Agram
Temeschburg
Hermannstadt
Kronstadt
Pecs
Kolosvar
Szeged
Spalatro
Neusatz
Sopron
Debrecin
Nagyvarad
Zilina
Schanzpass
Trencin

Yeah, that's right. What is sad is that even this day and age when information is accessible to anyone righties here in Hungary still fantasizing about some kind of glorious past that never actually existed. But I guess reading some pamphlets about the "glorious past" is always easier than to actually do some research.

I forgot

Karlsburg
Banska Bystryca
Trnava
Miskolc
Arad

Matias Corvinus, Kinezi Pal, Hunyade, all Romanians serving the higher purpose of the Crown. It's a damned shame both us and you still wank about petty old hatreds but I'm pretty sure that will change. Having been born in a partly Hungarian city right across the border I speak a bit of your honestly weird and kinda ugly language and I have never had any trouble in any part of Hungary I've been to. Maybe the fact that my fiancee is Hungarian too helped but I feel that the worst is way helped. We got bigger issues than Trianon and Ip/Trasnea.

The worst is way behind us*

I like sitting in Heviz, drinking beer and smoking hash I bought from gypsys and watching fat german and russian tourists go swimming in that rotten egg lake there thats so good for your back.

You should thank God they are paying the bills as they leave. And that they're leaving.

>hash from gyppos
Hungarian gyppos sell drugs? No one in Romania would trust a gyppo enough to buy anything from him.

they are considering vlad tepes jesus and mathias corvinus the devil for capturing that mentally ill fuckface

Croatia-Hungary-Transylvania

Wallachia and Moldavia are Albania-tier.

Matei Corvin is in our anthem. Probably the only guy to be in 2 anthems. Too bad Veeky Forums doesn't know about his brother Radu the Pretty/Beautiful, he was bae.

I mean Vlad's brother, Radu.

his brother was beheaded by austrians and goes by the name laszlo

I meant Vlad the Devil/Dragon's son, not Hunyade's. IIRC Laszlo was John's firstborn and he was an excellent orator and blooming statesman and a possibly better future king than his more famous brother.

It's a shame that the 1848-49 ethnic massacres fucked Romanian-Hungarian relations for all eternity. We used to be great pals before that.

no
we weren't

We weren't but it did fuck everything forever

Don't buy drugs from gyppos nowadays, recently they have been selling something called "herbal", it is tobacco or other leaves laced with cheap synthetic shit (made from stuff such as pesticides or rat poison) that is in a grey zone legally. Don't try it, you might as well sniff glue.

They had the best football team in the world but lost the chance at the world cup. Probably forever. I don't know what went wrong but it did.

>great team
>1956 revolution happens
>best players flee the country
>football has been shit ever since