What's the Veeky Forums approach to curing depression?

What's the Veeky Forums approach to curing depression?

Kill yourself

At the end of the day it's all up to you man, just don't do anything stupid because you WILL feel better eventually.

Drinking airag while bicycling around my block wearing a fur coat and a pot on my head screaming Mongol war cries and throwing chopsticks at the neighbor's dog because fuck that mutt

CBT.

Emulate Cato

Stoic

Just be yourself.

Just kidding...

S U B T L E
U
B
T
L
E

Get a hobby that takes you out of the house

Opium

Enter seclusion and carve the Nicene creed into your flesh

/thread

Start working out or volunteer for local organizations.

Anything else will take an extremely long amount of time.

Archaeology.

One time I had an interesting conversation with a person I was working with on a project who said that archaeology saved her life. She was an Indian, and said that getting involved in the tribe's archaeology program kept her away from the crime that most people on rez fall into. After that conversation, I realized that it saved my life, too, but in a much more literal way. Before taking my first archaeology class, I had been incredibly depressed for years; I only really started college because I'd failed a suicide attempt and knew I needed to change something in my life. Archaeology was the first thing I had brought myself to care about in years, and focusing on it was a huge part of what eventually led to me being a functioning person again.

>curing

>he doesn't dabble in the occult utilizing the gods of his ancestors

baka desu senpai

By not being an atheist.

It's really simple.

What are you?

fpbp

i am.. obomma!!

Work, work, work and work.

Do not think about stuff. Just work, gardening and reading

Take vitamin D

Listen to Alan Watts.

I found peace in Tradition. Constantly aspiring to become a better man, finishing my degree, keeping myself in shape and working hard to build a career so I can marry my girlfriend and start a strong family with her. Some might find this utterly boring but for me it feels like a noble pursuit.

kill off parts of yourself

Most videos on youtube, if you would just do a quick search "How I cured my depression" either say that they cured it by fidgeting with a positive addiction (such as exercise, sport, etc) or by building relationships with people.

LSD and mushrooms have been used to cure depression in some people, and I think it's because of the "Ego death" effect; the substances reset our perception of ourself, that way we can reevaluate our life without the bias of a bad self esteem. I believe it correlates to the idea that better/stronger relationships lead to less depression, because the destruction of a bad ego (a bad perception of self) would ultimately help you in building a strong relationship with someone.

Become a heavy drinker and engage in the glorious debate from which there can be no victor

>exercise
this is how I beat it, that and also not listening to the negative voice in my head