Moldova

>poorest country in Europe
>lower HDI than Libya
>one quarter of the country's population is working outside of the country
>large segment of the country is essentially a Russian satellite state that literally requested to be annexed by Russia
>major drug and human trafficking point, abetted by the police and government officials
>Africa-tier corruption
>rampant drug use
Why is Moldova such an utter shithole? In nearly every conceivable category one can use to measure nations, this fucking latrine of a country consistently ranks as one of, if not the lowest, in Europe.
>inb4 muh gommunism
It's been 26 fucking years and things have only worsened significantly. Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, the Baltic states have been dong pretty fucking fine. Fuck, even war-torn former Yugoslav shitholes in the fucking Balkans have been steadily working their way out of poverty. Why has this fucking disease pit only gotten worse over time? Why don't they just reunite with Romania considering they're literally Romanians LARPing as non-Romanians?
What the fuck is wrong with this place?

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/uk-nato-russia-afghanistan/nato-rejects-russian-call-for-afghan-poppy-spraying-idUKTRE62N56U20100324
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xc3dXDE5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>poorest country in Europe
And still wealthier than Bostswana which negro apologists swear is the poster child for an African success story.

Maybe you should discuss modern politics on the politics board.

Nice deflection Alexandru. We aren't talking about Botswana. We're talking about Moldova.

>implying /pol/ is a politics board
This has to do with history. Something happened historically to this place that made it so shitty and I want to find out what.

>Why is your country so shit
>well its better than the country where one in four people had aids at one point
What a fuckin achievment

Not to mention it's only better by 0.001 points.

Moldova is not my country. I'm just laughing at Africans really.

lmao so much this

Sure you are Bogdan, because people just compare random shit to Botswana all the time

>HDI
>wealth
Botswana's GDP per capita PPP is three times more than Moldova's

HDI is a meme index. Look at actual wealth. Moldava's GDP per capita (PPP) in 2016 was only $5,700 while Botswana's was $18,000.

Borat should have been set in Moldova.

I mean if all of your argument boils down beating some strawman about me supposedly being Moldovian, then you don't really have one.

>HDI is a meme
>PPP isn't

Yeah I'm sure that wealth is very beneficial to the people of Botswana and not at all sunk into paying for AIDS medicine

Botswana is a basically a sparsely populated desert where western-owned multinationals mine diamonds and give a bit of the leftover cash to the natives.

AIDS rate in Botswana is decreasing, something you can't really say for Moldova

>my wealth is increasing, I went from one dollar per month to two dollars! Can't say the same about Switzerland!

t. Still asshurt that his country is literally Africa tier

Because a Botswanan is 50 times more likely than a Moldovan to have AIDS.

what argument are you talking about, I'm making fun of you and your backwards country

>user asks question about a failed state
>Moldovanon immediately deflects to "we're better than literally the lowest common denominator" as if that's something to be proud of

More on topic though, why are they so fucked? And why didn't they fold the entire SSR into Ukraine? Moldova isn't even the entire piece they broke off of Romania - they gave the coastline and Bukovina to Ukraine but created a separate SSR out of Moldova. Why?

>Estonia
What, why? Aren't they the best of the Baltics?

it's most likely the large russian population in estonia 2bh

Large swathes of the Moldovan economy still revovle around horse and donkey plowed sustenance farming, it's quite amazing. Probably a cool place to move to if you're into the agrarian revival/an prim stuff.

Why does Russia have so much AIDS?

Heroin from Kazakhstan

IIRC high rates of IV drug abuse and probably something to do with generally risky behaviors brought on by having to live in that dystopian hellhole.

What's the next part of your master plan?
>Crashing this thread with
>NO SURVIVORS!

They're junkies.
Afghanistan actually.

Terrible rates of drug abuse and generally dismal hygiene when using them.

midf in full force today

>Transnistria
Why does this exist?

thread derailled in literally the first post.
So this is the true power of /pol/...

It's an elaborate Kaufman-esque attempt to troll the UN and its 3 neighbors(yes, Russia is its neighbor)

Same reason South Ossetia exists and why the Russians are supporting the rebels in the Ukraine - Russia uses it as a means to keep former Soviet states from getting too far out of their influence.

Well there isn't only one cause so i'll list some of the things that made it shittier than other former commie countries:
> Wasn't actually a country for some time, the Russians took it as punishment to Romania for being Nazis for the most part of the war.

>Cucked from the black sea access, that small part between romania and odessa should've been theirs.

> Was part of the USSR and not a commie state which meant less autonomy which meant there was little effort in building a strong state.

> major deportation of native population and replaced with russians or russian speaking minorities which caused demographic problems.

> lack of easily exploitable natural resources like romania. They do have one of the best soil in the world but that require investment in agriculture

> pre split it was one of the most war torn areas of romania and the Russians understandably weren't too keen on pumping rebuild money.

Then post 89' there's this:

> Ukraine starts chimping out against Russia so Russia makes sure that whoever is elected is pro-russian no matter what their policy might be so that they always have a backdoor just in case.

> Ukraine chimps out even more while Romania joins NATO. Russia wants a military agreement that allows for their troops to move freely on Moldavian soil. Pressure from Romania, the EU and a US at the height of their power makes that agreement fall. Transnistria happens a bit later.

> They never had a revolution or any serious anti-commie movement so around 89'-90' the commies just said its a democracy now and continued to rule.

> Since they got a trade deal with EU they're pretty much a money laundering service for Russia.

> Romania gives them special immigration status so they just leave Moldova and stay there or just go to EU countries once they get a citizenship.

> Contrary to what Cheeto Benito memed during his campaign their best and brightest ARE the ones who leave and all that's left are serf-quality citizens.

1/2

>Cheeto Benito

Voronin?

2/2

this is all on top of the regular Kleptocracy regimes that happen in former Eastern Bloc countries so their extra shittyness makes a bit of sense.

Sadly they are properly fucked at this point.
They are way poorer that Romania now and Romania is already pretty fucking poor so they would never be able to absorb the economic hit (Look at how E.Germany is still a desolate landscape with only Berlin as a economic hub)

Plus Transnistria is literal cancer politics wise, taking Moldova will mean taking that geo-political tumor as well.

Russian rising power for now and the problems that EU,US and especially "a soon to be the next Greece" Romania :( will have no interest in helping them and the what's left of the population is either completely numb or brainwashed on propaganda like that Moldovanon cunt we had around here.

I doubt we'll be the next Grease since we rely on agriculture and industry much more and we don't spend nearly as much moneu on gibs as they did. Even catastrophes are mediocre in Romania tebehe.

pic related

Goddamnit America we gave you shit for being fat and ignorant but we respected and wanted to achieve the level of nationbuilding that you had.

Now you elected the same type of oligarh that bled us dry and fell for the same populist bullshit that any soviet nostalgia fag buys into.

You were supposed to be the shining light in this fucking world you dunces XD

And? Latvia has the same percentage of russians

you underestimate the government's ability to steal.

they're trying to tax substinence farming ffs

That's history atm tebehe. Our autistic german prez is better spoken in English than Donny T and that's saying a lot. Truth is, we're always better off looking up to Italy, France, Spain, etc. since we resemble them more.

Autism.

It's not nearly as rough as it was in 2000-2004. The fucking commies literally controlled every branch of government then. Or in 2004-2009 when PDL turned into PSD 2.0.

Libya's HDI is on the fucking world average picky faggot

eh, we'll see, let's not derail this thread though, his is bad enough when it comes to informative content, don't wanna be one of those cunts.

"a high level of discourse is expected"

thanks for the informative posts

Could have taken Moldova in 91. I'm still not sure whether that would have been a good idea seeing as it might have been Vaslui*10 + some Russkies for good measure. What pains me is Bucovina tho. Cernauti is a nice place

How did congo escape it?

too poor for to even buy used needles

KEKED

first of all the terms are weird
The principality of Moldavia was a medieval and modern state controlling what is now Romanian Moldova, the Republic of Moldova and Bukovina
in the 18th century Austria took Bukovina
in 1812 Russia took Bessarabia. Until then Bessarabia was the coastline ruled the Bsarab the prince of Valhachia, what is now known as Budjak. Dutting of Peace of Bucharest Kutuzov won Bessarabia and decided that all of Moldavia Est of the Prut is Bessarabia.
the western part of Moldavia united with Wallachia and later became the Kingdom of Romania.
In 1918 both Bessarabia and Bukovina joined Romania.
in 1940 both were lost to the USSR, even though Bukovina had never been under russian control, as Stalin decided Ukraine was a real country
during the war romania administered the land est of the Dniester. it had a small romanian population but had only occasionally been under Moldavian control
Bukovina and Bessarabia were lost again in 1945. Bukovian went to Ukraine. Most of Bessarabia remained it's own soviet republic the Moldovan SSR, except it's southern part which was given to Ukraine. At the same time modern Transnistria was taken from ukraine and given to Bessarabia.
Bukovina had never functioned as an intepended state so it was given to Ukraine. Moldavia on the other hand had existed for about 600 years before the USSR was founded and Bessarabia was used to be a tsarist gubernia. So Besarabia was the real Moldova, the continuation of the medieval state ,and it joined the USSR while Western Moldova was under romanian occupation

now this is really cruel

Heroin from Afghanistan where opium-growing is supported by NATO

reuters.com/article/uk-nato-russia-afghanistan/nato-rejects-russian-call-for-afghan-poppy-spraying-idUKTRE62N56U20100324

>Wasn't actually a country for some time, the Russians took it as punishment to Romania for being Nazis for the most part of the war.
These are the fucking people you're discussing history with. Russia seized Moldova in 1940.

And then we took it back in 41' then lost it again in 44'

>such is life in the zone

A team at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom, and the University of Leuven, in Belgium, tried to reconstruct HIV's "family tree" and find out where its oldest ancestors came from. Their 2014 study indicated that HIV/AIDS pandemic originated in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Biological warfare.

I just got a classmate from there. I'm in Romania. We were sitting on a bench talking last week when a dwarf walked by and she stared in amazement, told me they don't have those there and they're not allowed. Then she proceeded to tell me how the only religious kid in her high school class was bullied for being a Christian by the teachers. She can barely speak Romanian and only watched dubbed anime in Russian.

Moldova is a Russian puppet state. It is Romanian occupied territory.

Half of Bukovina is still in Romania.

It's true. There is deep hatred in Moldova for dwarves following the great Moldovan Dwarf war of 1803

De unde ești?
Eu-s din Brăila și sunt destul de mulți moldoveni din republica pe aici, și toți sunt ori țigani borâți ori moldoveni ca-n moldova. În mod ciudat, ăia țigani vorbesc cel mai mult rusa sau româna mai stricată

Gypsies steal often but they're relatively non-violent which is why he was able to record those scenes of "Kazakhstan" in the gypsy village. If he did that in some actual White village the local gopniks would beat the shit out of him and the entire film crew

all true
they repress dwarf genes with huge quantities of alcohol. a great success with very few and insignificant side effects
christianity replaced with vampiric version, where only blood of christ is revered and consumed in large quantities
also moldavians don't speak romanian. they speak moldavian languge, the most pure romance language in world. romanian just cheap imitation that can be understood only using moldavian-romanian dictionary

the most iconic 2000s song is from moldova

youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xc3dXDE5I

classic

thanks for saving a dead thread

>the Latin countries will never have a language form which gradually pulls them back into the light of God, aka writing and speaking formal Latin
feels bad man

>So Besarabia was the real Moldova, the continuation of the medieval state ,and it joined the USSR while Western Moldova was under romanian occupation
and thats where youre wrong

in what way?
was this not soviet policy?
in 1924 the soviets even established an Moldovan republic east of the Dniester

yes, it estabilished a moldovan republic
but it isnt the continuation of the medieval state

it wasn't
but the soviets claimed it was

Moldova ceased its existence in 1859 when it united with Wallachia to form Romania. Both principalities did.

>which negro apologists swear is the poster child for an African success story.

I thought that's Nigeria

Try googling Moldovan Dwarf war of 1803

I want to serve in the Transnistrian military to BTFO romance subhumans

>din braila

Coaie pleaca de acolo ce plm faci. Toata tara asta de cacat are 6-7 orase in care merita sa stai si Braila nu e in nici un caz printre ele.

One word, Mongoloid DNA

>Town rapist

This thread needs more Transnistria.
IIRC, during the war for independence in '92 the soldiers from both sides would meet in "no man's land" and get hammered with each other.
Only about 1,000 people in total from both sides ended up dying in the 4 month war.
Which is surprisingly low for a civil war/ ethnic conflict.
I'm not even a commieboo but there's an underdog quality for such a tiny strip of land trying to being independent.
Who else here a /dneisterbro/ ?

my girlfriend is from transnistria

*Gypsy

>backed by Russia
>underdog

>mfw I like the little bastard

Moldova is basically a rump state and all the valuable ports are controlled by Ukraine. This was intentional on the part of the Soviet administrators who drew up the boundaries for the SFSRs. These borders were designed to create divisiveness to prevent mass coalition blocs against any future independent Russian nation.