How come Muslims and Christians are so violent compared to other religions

You don't see Hindus going on Jihads, Crusading, having Christian on Christian wars wars that devaste Northern Europe, having ISIS, etc. See also Buddhists.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_terror
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How come Muslims and Christians
>and Christians
Yeah, I'm really pissed off about the crusaders creating a holy land state in the middle east while burning people alive, beheading them with explosive cord, drowning them in cages while running over civilians in the west with peace truck.

Oh, wait, none of that is being done by Christians, the worst they do is when a retarded american denomination hold up signs telling you you'll got to hell for being a faggot. But, yeah, totally the same thing. Now give me those false equivalences of what Christians did 400 years ago so you can equate them to the muslims of today and say "see, they did it too" while you go on and pretend that hinduism, buddhism or whatever the fuck religion you dig up from Asia was full of peace loving hippies that dindu nuffin.

You mean the Buddhists who are slaughtering Muslims in Burma this very moment?

>the worst they do is when a retarded american denomination hold up signs telling you you'll got to hell for being a faggot

No, the worst they do is when they illegally invade other countries and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians

>the church is responsible for the acts of the state despite being separate from the state
Found the retard. I look forward to you claiming communism in the USSR was essentially Orthodox Christians fault because the majority of the population was Orthodox Christian.

I didn’t say that the Church is responsible for this, I said Christians are responsible for this. Are you incapable of reading?

Christians are NOT responsible for it, you dumb fucking retard.

Both Dubya and Tony Blair are Christians

>implying no northern crusades
But yeah Hindus could also be demonstrated to have been just as cruel and genocidal in their extermination of lesser castes or clans and other Asians have been pretty mechanical in their conquests.
I haven't heard about any Saladin-like figures, not that there couldn't be.

Irrelevant you dumb retard. It didn't happen because they were Christian, it wasn't ordained by Christians, people participating were not selected based on being Christians (as if there were only Christians involved) and the purpose of it had nothing to do with Christianity.

Literally the same as claiming the USSR was a christian state because most of its population was christian.

Again, what do events that transpired hundreds of years ago have to do with the present reality?

>Buddhists
What is the Rohingya crisis?
What was the Ikko movement?
What was Zen-Buddhism under Imperial Japan?

Gee I dunno, in that case it could be none of the so called heathens being around anymore but Christianity still being prominent in said region to this day. I also don't recall the thread or any posts in it requesting the discussion be contained to topics about the modern era.

>also don't recall the thread or any posts in it requesting the discussion be contained to topics about the modern era.
When the question is framed in a way that inquires about the present, "are" not "were", its safe to assume that the present is being referenced. You cockchocking faggot.

>Irrelevant you dumb retard

How so? You said that the worst thing Christians have done in recent years was protesting against homosexuality, I pointed out that Christians have also started horrific wars of aggression that have led to deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians. Whether or not these actions were motivated by Christianity is irrelevant, since what we are discussing is horrible actions commited by Christians, not horrible acts commited by Christians that were motivated by Christianity. Also, Evangelicalism definitely contributed to the public support for the Iraq War in the US.

> I pointed out that Christians have also started horrific wars of aggression
They were not started by Christians.

>Whether or not these actions were motivated by Christianity is irrelevant
Ah, yes, its irrelevant when discussing acts allegedly perpetrated by Christians.

>since what we are discussing is horrible actions commited by Christians
Nice framing so as to give a false equivalence to Muslims. The same way that Christians killed your dog, right? You only need to allege that the person doing it was a Christian and thus the act was committed by Christians. When Abdul Ahmadi shoots a civilian in Iraq it was likewise the fault of Christians.

>Also, Evangelicalism definitely contributed to the public support for the Iraq War in the US.
So did Saudi and Israeli money but you have to blame Christians and Christianity so as to excuse Muslims.

Lol
t. can't into logic

I heard it was repressed to certain extent in Japan and monks were forced to perform Shinto rites and I think they were also made to forgo the dietary abstentions like meat and alcohol but I've heard that alcohol consumption is innate to Zen Buddhism anyway.

>They were not started by Christians.

Yes they were. The Iraq War was started by Dubya and Tony Blair, both of whom are Christians.

>Nice framing so as to give a false equivalence to Muslims.

This is not “framing”, this is what this thread is about: violent acts commited by Christians and Muslims. OP didn’t say whether these actions must be motivated by Christianity or Islam.

>When Abdul Ahmadi shoots a civilian in Iraq it was likewise the fault of Christians.

Yes, if Abdul Ahmadi is a Christian.

>So did Saudi and Israeli money but you have to blame Christians and Christianity so as to excuse Muslims.

I’m not excusing anyone. Israeli money did influence the decision to invade Iraq, but this decision was ultimately made by people who were Christians. Saudi Arabia has actually opposed the invasion of Iraq.

OP is going to hell because he's a faggot

Imperialist governments have always been adverse to these withdrawing religions until they can be molded into an acceptable form for the utility of the state. Buddhism was rejected in favor of more pragmatic ideologies like Confucianism until the years passed and Buddhism could be molded into a viable state institution. The reaction to eastern churches by the authorities at the time could also be telling as to the nature of such groups.

>Yes they were. The Iraq War was started by Dubya and Tony Blair, both of whom are Christians.
Irrelevant because they did not start the war in their capacity as Christian. Separation of the church and state. And this is you ignoring every non-christian that participated in starting the war.

> violent acts commited by Christians and Muslims. OP didn’t say whether these actions must be motivated by Christianity or Islam.
Are you illiterate or do you regularly dabble in semantics so as to appear smart? You're literally pretending that the things OP referenced, such as religious wars, were not motivated by religion.

>Yes, if Abdul Ahmadi is a Christian.
He's not. Guess your entire theory goes out the window because the war was not conducted by Christians but those opposing the Saddam regime regardless of their religion.

>I’m not excusing anyone.
Your entire argument rests on equating Islamic terror done in the name of Islam, by exclusively Muslims with an explicitly Muslim theocratic leadership, with secular states waging war based on secular principles that have nothing to do with religion.

Because they worship the same god. The same god came down to both of them and told them that they each were the special chosen ones and is now sitting back and watching them fight to the death.

>Irrelevant

No, since we are discussing horrible acts commited by Christians, and both Dubya and Tony Blair were Christians. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend?

>You're literally pretending that the things OP referenced, such as religious wars, were not motivated by religion.

They were motivated by religion, and so, in part, was the invasion of Iraq.

>Guess your entire theory goes out the window because the war was not conducted by Christians but those opposing the Saddam regime regardless of their religion.

The war was started by people who were Christian

>Your entire argument rests on equating Islamic terror done in the name of Islam, by exclusively Muslims with an explicitly Muslim theocratic leadership, with secular states waging war based on secular principles that have nothing to do with religion.

I never equated them. It seems to me that you have poor reading comprehension.

>No, since we are discussing horrible acts commited by Christians, and both Dubya and Tony Blair were Christians.
Oh, so Ayad Allawi or Nouri al-Maliki were Christians too then?

>They were motivated by religion, and so, in part, was the invasion of Iraq.
False. I see were at a point where you start making up things. Delightful.

>The war was started by people who were Christian
False.

>I never equated them. It seems to me that you have poor reading comprehension.
False. Anything else you reddit spacing faggot?

>Ayad Allawi or Nouri al-Maliki were Christians too then?

No, but they didn’t invade Iraq.

>False

So, who started this war?

>False. Anything else you reddit spacing faggot?

Point out where excatly I have equated them? In fact, I believe that the invasion of Iraq was much worse than anything ISIS has done, I certainly don’t believe them to be morally equivalent. Also, what is “reddit spacing”?

>No, but they didn’t invade Iraq.
They wee part of the invasion. Sorry to burst your bubble.

>So, who started this war?
An international coalition of forces composed of various religions or lack of.

>Point out where excatly I have equated them?
The entire point of your post was such. Fuck off.

Not at all correct.
Celestial Empire dynasties clung to Confucianism precisely because it was a withdrawn, authocthonic belief system. Buddhism was never a major part of an Imperial belief system aside from some patronage, although some dynasties persecuted it.

>An international coalition of forces composed of various religions or lack of.

Iraq was invaded by the US, the UK, Australia and Poland. Commanders-in-chief of all of these countries were Christians.

>The entire point of your post was such

What makes you think so?

>Iraq was invaded by the US, the UK, Australia and Poland. Commanders-in-chief of all of these countries were Christians.
>let's pretend they didn't have support from muslims within Iraq such as the Kurd or Saddam's opposition
>let's pretend these same people didn't try conducting a coup years before the invasion
>let's pretend the civil war waged in Iraq was not between muslim groups

>What makes you think so?
Otherwise you would not have brought it up, retard.

Keep tipping on your way back to r*ddit.

>Hindus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_terror

>let's pretend they didn't have support from muslims within Iraq such as the Kurd or Saddam's opposition

They did, but these Muslims haven’t invaded Iraq

>let's pretend these same people didn't try conducting a coup years before the invasion

They did, but they haven’t invaded Iraq

>let's pretend the civil war waged in Iraq was not between muslim groups

It was, but this civil war would not have started if the US and it’s allies hadn’t invaded Iraq.

>Otherwise you would not have brought it up

I brought it up because you claimed that the worst thing that Christians have done in recent years was protesting against homosexuality, which is obviously not true.

>Crusading
You haven't seen Christians do that either, unless you're a thousand years old.

>le look at me engage in semantics
The coalition didn't invade Iraq either, they liberated it with the help of the Muslims living in Iraq. There you go pal.

>which is obviously not true.
Only if you're a mental gymnast. Here's your gold.

Saying that your opponent just engages in mental gymnastics and semantics is not an argument

It is when he is.

>le bush was christian so christians are at fault for the wars in the middle east xDDDD

Putting “le” at the beginning and “xDDDD” at the end of the valid point is not an argument

That's just fluff showing my contempt

lol, we christians have done just as bad or horribly. crusades, siege of constantinople, thirty years war, etc. we just don't declare war for religion now unlike the muslims. that probably makes us worse than them since we've strayed so much from god. we haven't deus vulted in centuries.

We don't go to war for God any more friend, we go to war for money.

>You don't see
That's because you don't look there.

>Communism
>Nazism
>French Terror

Why are atheists so violent and savage?

t. aristo