What if Carthage had won, Veeky Forums?

What if Carthage had won, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DzdC6EX6WSs
lisapoyakama.org/en/carthage-was-a-black-civilization/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/DzdC6EX6WSs

Wewuzism becomes 9999x more insufferable.

World would be full of these beauties

Pretty sure Carthaginians were black.

Well they were Turkish

Turks are mostly Romani Gypsies from India who accepted islam. I'm talking actual African blacks, think Idris Elba.

I think you missed the joke

ew

The real question isn't what if Carthage had won, but rather, what if Carthage had beat the Umayyaads.

well, the sons of the ex-carthagian army won in 739 and destroyed the ummayad

More human sacrifices and crucifixion
Elephants become extinct within a few centuries

Believes roman war propagand in the 21st century

Italian merchant cities/greek polis style small countries all over Europe. No christianity.

Excellent

Explain bitte

This was well known and practiced all over the ancient world.

>Temple prostitution
>Child sacrifice to Satan
>Druidism/witchcraft/paganism
Babylon, Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Rome were all satanically inspired civilizations.
Persia to a lesser extent, as it was used by God to judge the nations of Asia minor.

Israel was the only good nation of antiquity. Holy, righteous and an example to the world.

If we're assuming Hannibal won,
guals would have taken a good chunk of northern italy carthage take back scicily and spain.
The rome would eventually attack carthage again becuase theyre too angry to die

I mean, Rome did lose the second war and returned to kick Carthage out of the map. If they lost the third there would be just an extra Punic War.

Art would never surpass the archaic level.

Nothing, carthage elite didnt have any desire to conquer, they would just destroy rome and come back to carthage to keep living their life

Lol, canaanites didnt look like that

Are you implying that carthage art was inferior to greek?

Little shit, greek art came from egyptians and canaanites

USA is Carthage
China is Rome
DPRK is Messana
Japan is Syracuse

"What a wrestling ground we are leaving, my friends, for the Americans and the Chinese" -- British Empire

It's inevitable at this point.

Phoenicia, which is where the Carthaginians came from is located in modern day Lebanon

America is Rome, China is Parthia

And that land have gotten many foreigners like iranians, latins and greeks

You can see that lebanon is very diverse, you see brown and pale people

The black Carthagian Empire would have reconstructed a melanin powered stargate to make contact with the galactic ebonoid empire and dominate the whitebois for all eternity.

Romes Italian empire would be dismantled and the various city states would resume fighting for supremacy. Carthage would continue to monopolize the western sea trade without any real rivals. Eventually, they'd get embroiled trying to subdue Italy and probably end up losing again since, they lacked the martial culture, drive to conquer, and the population base of the Italian allies to draw troops from. Carthage trying to seize Italy draws also draws Greek notice to the now free Magna Graceia cities and might spawn a reverse Greek takeover of Italy.

I want it so bad

you'd be speaking punic right now

>tfw no greek hellenistic kingdom in italy that fights macedon and seleucids
WAKE ME UP

Did the Carthaginians have memes?

It's called Rome

I don't speak Latin now though?

That video claims that Hannibal could have won the Second Punic War if he had just sieged Rome. But that ignores the fact that Hannibal didn't siege Rome because he didn't think he had any chance of actually taking the city, and if he had, he could have lost the war much earlier and much more decisively. The biggest fault on his part was rather that he didn't sign a peace deal earlier and instead let the Romans study his tactics up close until they found a way to beat them.

you're speaking it right now

>loans existing means a language belongs to a completely different language family now

The destruction of Carthage is one of the most cruel crimes of the ancient world. An entire modern well developed city and people wiped out. Why couldn't Rome have simply incorporated it as another major city? It could have been the capital of the North African part of the empire? Carthage, Rome, Constantinople. A triangle of cities in the Mediterranean.

>destroying cities
>destroying civilizations
>a bad thing
And Rome deserved it too.

>Why couldn't Rome have simply incorporated it as another major city?
Because they were afraid of another Hannibal.

>He let the Romans beat him and the only price they paid for 200,000 of their best soldiers

The Romans won the war, Carthage didn't lose it. They put up one hell of a fight, but the Romans grit and determination was the decisive factor. It's an admirable victory. Should give it to them. Hannibal should have continued his momentum while he was in Rome

they didnt trust them

they were fearful of how quickly they rebounded from their defeat in the second punic war

stop denying your heritage. it's ok my friend this is a safespace

>It could have been the capital of the North African part of the empire?
this happened anyway ironically

they DID rebuild Carthage, it was an important city and the seat of one of the major christian movements in the late empire.

It didn't even take them that long, iirc Marius established a new colony in Carthage, complete with ancient Roman tales of it being spooky, haunted, and ill advised.

Does anyone else thing Carthage's harbor was the most aesthetic fucking thing?

>temple prostitution
There would be no atheists if Carthage won.

that kind of harbour was actually not that uncommon in the ancient world, Rome built it's own port of similar characteristics near Ostia, it's a little lake now

Wiping out cities was not a rarity in the ancient world

They did, just under German command

Germanic Catheginians. Can you imagine the Latin buthurt?

Study just came out that showed that ancient Canaanite remains match modern Lebanese 90%.

It was in the case of Rome.

Tfw if I lived 2500 years ago I could go to the Astarte's temple and fuck the local sacred prostitute

Today you could just go to Germany or the Netherlands and do the same thing.

You have to keep in mind that Carthage was not a land-grabby, expansionist empire like we think of for conventional empires. They ran things more or less like how the Dutch or modern USA ran things; trade trade trade.

If Carthage won the 2nd war with Rome, they probably would have negotiated some sort of deal that demilitarized Rome itself but still made use of Rome's military for Carthage's benefit. Rome's military would be entirely subsidized by Carthage, effectively turning the Roman legions into the single greatest mercenary army in human history.
We also know that Hannibal had alliances with the Gauls of northern italy, so it's very very likely that the Gauls would have asked for the entire northern half of Italy, to which Hannibal would oblige. This probably would have boiled over and lead to some major war with the Gauls and Italians in the future which the Carthaginians having to act as mediators or something along those lines.

It didn't. History unfolds by God's will.

Also fuck human sacrifice to idols.

>Attention all pagans: shots fired in your direction.

Then Sardinia would be like Britain, and Spain like France

Well I would just have to walk for 20 minutes back then

>Carthage was not a land-grabby, expansionist empire
While true, during his campaign in Italy, however, Hannibal essentially turned his mercenaries into an army that was loyal to him. If he had won the war he could conceivably have pulled a Ceasar and marshed his armies into Carthage and made himself king, or otherwise returned to Iberia and laid the foundation for a new kingdom more or less independent of Cartahge.

If only the Sardinian rebellion under Ampsicora had prevailed, history would have unfolded differently

lisapoyakama.org/en/carthage-was-a-black-civilization/

WE

The classical civilization would be centered on the southern Mediterranean instead of northern Mediterranean
The historical construct of Europe wouldn't exist, or at least it would also include the north Africa

literally better world.

>gauls
celts