Is Coca Cola's recipe protected by patent?

Is Coca Cola's recipe protected by patent?

Don't think so, it's a secret

Anyone could discover it in a lab analysis, it must be protect another way.

Billions of dollars of marketing. Coca cola tastes like shit: people just buy it for the sticker on the bottle. You could sell an exact copy of the recipe and it wouldn't even matter.

Yep literally sugar water

Not really.

Yes.

no.
source: my grandpa.
he worked for this company for 35 years as a chemist. he is dead. they fucking killed him.

billy likes to drink soda

>people just buy it for the sticker on the bottle. You could sell an exact copy of the recipe and it wouldn't even matter.

pic related

>dr pajeet

literally this. not just the marketing but also the logistical infrastructure that puts it on the shelf on nearly every shop on the planet

There's no way you can say RC Cola and Coke taste the same. I don't drink much soda but even Pepsi tastes like complete shit compared to Coke.

that is literally coke marketing at work

No, they don't have a patent, for the very good reason that they want to keep their (krabby patty) formula a secret.

However it's not hard to test different shit out and come damn close to duplicating it, as has been pointed out. Google it, supposedly there's cilantro oil and bitter lemon oil in it. Intredasting indeed

Coke is dying right
I know people that work there as accountants / price regulator etc and they are purging a lot of people because people have stopped buying this shit

stick cocaine back in = massive boom ;)

IP lawyer hete

Although theoretically possible, getting patents for food recepies is extremely tough. Patents also last for 20 years only.

What is a more viable way is to keep it secret and protect it as a trade secret. That is what Coca Cola does. There is no temporal limt to trade secrets.

This.

And further proof that humanity is overall dumb cattle.

Appease the cattle and you will get rich. Quit trying to think like a smart person. Think what do dumb people want.

> I'd like to jumbo size those fries

If they had a Dr. DGB I'd use it to an hero by bathing in it until I dissolved.

cheap analogs leave horrible after-taste
there is only one true cola - coca cola.
everything else is shit. pepsi is shit too

lmao Coke is never going to die dude. it's a monolith

Coke is shit as well.
I can feel it dissolving my tooth enamel any time I ever drink it.

This desu

No, it is a trade secret.

Dr. Hur Dur

Those are all Dr. Pepper ripoffs though. The only acceptable Dr. Pepper alternative is Mr. Pibb.

Branding, plain and simple, they can probably stop marketing to consumers and still keep going strong for decades

If it was patented it wouldn't be a secret.

>Implying a beverage made by someone who didn't complete four years of medical school is comparable