VERGE IS A NON-PRIVATE SHITCOIN

tl;dr it's just BTC+tor

Verge aggressively markets themselves as a privacy coin but the closest they come is tor integration, which most coins already support as a 3rd party app anyway. They have no ledger privacy. There is no advantage over using bitcoin+Tor. I think this is extremely irresponsible as it may lead to someone using their coin for something that needs to be private.

Here is their stance on privacy: youtu.be/EFXkJjgPlII?t=208

The cliff notes are that they have no ledger privacy because they believe:
>Network privacy (ip address) is sufficient to hide your identity
>The market will never adopt a coin with ledger privacy because
>Support staff are unable to confirm transactions on a private ledger

This shows both a fundamental misunderstanding of privacy in general and existing ledger privacy technologies. Only hiding your IP but exposing your financial activity will absolutely betray your identity. When your employer pays you or you pay your electric bill, that's a link between your ID and addresses right there. Limiting your view of privacy to IP addresses is like using facebook through a VPN and thinking you're private.

Their statement that Newegg support couldn't confirm that they received money is not true of cryptonote (monero, bytecoin), zerocoin (ZCoin, PIVX soon), zerocash (zcash), or privatesend (Dash and currently PIVX).
They have recently announced "Wraith protocol" claiming it will bring Monero level privacy, but refuse to release any details other than stealth addressing (a technology that provides no privacy without a ledger privacy mechanism). They announced it a few weeks ago saying they would release it this month, but they don't seem to know what it is.

Nice, just bought 100K!

Stop fudding our memecoin.

2/

Hopefully they are using an existing and well reviewed protocol, not rolling their own crypto, but then why not name it? Even just testing something like that should take longer than a month, let alone implementation. The timeline does not look good. Have they figured out that actual privacy is important? Is it vaporware? Is it half assed?

Not only this, but the dishonest marketing is unethical in my opinion.

Somebody please explain how this coin is still alive, let alone in the top 100

>not rolling their own crypto
>Somebody please explain how this coin is still alive, let alone in the top 100

nice copypasta. I read that too

you speak you own thoughts?

Also every body should contribute to my fundraiser.
it's wiki-tier but you just need to look at my face to believe me.

t. Fluffy Pony

Actually, it's dogecoin + tor.

yes, i assume everyone knows there's only one fully private coin right now. but people shilling shitcoins are doing it to make money, nobody actually believes that verge has anything going for it.

why waste energy your energy then?
afraid of something?
>dogedark + tor
???
where is monero is forked from?

Ledger privacy can never be a feature of a mainstream coin. Verge has the speed of dash, an android wallet (rare) and better privacy features than monero.

If you want to credibly fud verge please debunk pic related point by point.

how many BTC for 10 seconds of premature ejaculation with this demon?

verge is such a shitcoin, I dont know where to begin. its like whales control 50% of supply and drop price whenever they feel like.

True. Monero shills that are too attached to their coin have been fudding verge here for weeks now. Meanwhile, i have accumulated more then 120K now. Verge is going places. Guaranteed.

If you would actually know anything at all about trading, you would see that Verge is currently being used by a lot of margin traders. At these price levels, it creates somewhat of a resistance. It never lasts tho.

Stop talking shit monero shill.

SPECTRE is better than both monero and verge yet no one buys it. Goes to show that people always pick fancy pictures and bullshit over actually reading.

except for the fact that spectre is on shitopia, the site that leaked user emails and got hacked, so most people don't want to deal with that shit exchange.

xmr and xvg are on trex. big fucking difference niglet.

yes but market cap and user adoption are very important as well my good sir

tip of the hat to ye, g'day

>better privacy features than monero.

Where do you guys get this shit? Verge's public blockchain is a BAD thing. Kovri is going to provide Monero with i2p.

Do you guys really think 1 dev with a 4 page blackpaper (that just explains bitcoin and then tor) is going to outperform Monero + kovri + RingCT?The ONLY reason people like Verge is because it's cheap af, but it's cheap af because there are billions of them and they're NOT private.

Verge is a play token for people who want to pretend they own millions of privacy coins. The day a DNM uses Verge over Monero I will send 1 XMR to every Verge shill on this board.

You might even make money from it, because people new to crypto don't like buying established tech, so they go for "cheap" coins with dollar signs in their eyes because they think one day they could be worth something. That is literally the only thing driving Verge's value. And I say that as someone who bought Verge for 14 sats in May and bailed the fuck out once I had a rudimentary understanding of crypto.

Really don't care if this is true. I buy 20USD worth of a different shitcoin every week and one of them has already paid off incredibly well (omg). You buy them at 25 sats or 100 sats and then play the long game. 20USD a week for a bunch of flops but one gold boy is working and I will continue to hold my verge because I don't give a fuck if I lose 20 dollars when it could become 10,000.

Fuck your fud boy.

>Verge is a play token for people who want to pretend they own millions of privacy coins. The day a DNM uses Verge over Monero I will send 1 XMR to every Verge shill on this board.

Why do you keep using the same phrases over and over again shill. You do know, that after a few weeks, people will start seeing right through it right?

Also, you dont have a clue as to what Verge's wraith protocol is. The very fact of you mentioning its public blockchain show it lol.

this x100k

Except even you don't believe that.

Yes, yes... it's such a privacyless shitcoin that John McAfee, hunted by the USA, wants to buy and use it. Stop with the fudding allready dude. Seriously. You are making a fool out of yourself.

So which is the best user coin? I just want to know which privacy coin will ARK eventually bridge to become anonymous.

I feel you all the way brother. What I want to know is if Wraith Protocol is actually going to be valuable, you feel me? What if it is actually a foundationally solid approach to privacy that offers some unique caveats? The built in tor function is also sort of nice because it is built in, you know?

I'm gonna at least hold some until the end of September, because the Wraith Release official shilling has consistently said to this day that Wraith WILL release in September, if not, god help verge holders. If it does release, and we see the hitbtc/binance listings soon within same time, I think it will have some movement and possibly mind-long term upward mobility.

It really all comes down to Wraith.

Celebrity endorsements are not good arguments. Debate the tech involved not the people shilling it

Celebrity endorsements? Read his wiki dude... if there is one guy who needs privacy it's him.

>It's such a shitcoin that a celebrity shilled it

John McCafee may be intelligent but he is also known for being the kind of shady motherfucker that has governments wanting to kill him, take that how you may but don't doubt he would't lie about not having a bag of xvg, think he can't find a way to get? Seriously?

>John McCafee may be intelligent but he is also known for being the kind of shady motherfucker that has governments wanting to kill him

exactly the reason why he would use a privacy coin in the first place, now wouldnt it? That makes it "not just" a "celebrity" endorsement.

>Verge
>Private
People aren't stupid enough to actually believe this, right?

I am almost 100% sure the entire Wraith Protocol thing was a marketing stunt coordinated by bagholders. I don't think it is real.

Nah, it's real. You'll be pink wojak when it drops