Tollense battle

Turns out that Tollense battle was actually a battle between proto-Germanics and Proto-"Slavs"

archaeology.org/news/6040-171023-germany-tollense-valley

>"Live Science reports that archaeologists are investigating a 3,250-year-old battlefield site in northern Germany’s Tollense Valley. They have recovered remains of some 140 people, most of them men between the ages of 20 and 40, in addition to the bones of horses and military artifacts. Some of the bones had been pierced with arrows. “We are very confident that the human remains are more or less lying in the position where they died,” said archaeologist Thomas Terberger of the Lower Saxony State Office for Cultural Heritage. He thinks as many as 2,000 may have been involved in the battle. Isotopic analysis of the bones suggests that some of the remains came from nonlocals, perhaps from southern Germany and central Europe. They may have brought the arrowheads and dress pins found on the battlefield, which resemble those found in Central Europe, and not those made in northern Germany. Terberger speculates the warriors may have been fighting for control of the Tollense River, an important north-south trade route, since the battle took place at a narrow part of the river, where there is evidence a wooden bridge may have stood in 1900 B.C. "

livescience.com/60739-europe-oldest-battlefield-yields-secrets.html

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/10/tollense-valley-bronze-age-battle.html
eupedia.com/forum/threads/34751-More-on-the-Tollensee-Valley-battle-site-inc-genetics
publications.ub.uni-mainz.de/theses/volltexte/2017/100001279/pdf/100001279.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm glad the Germanic good guys won. Fuck the Slavs.

WEZ64 - Slavic cluster
WEZ15 - Slavic cluster
WEZ40 - Slavic cluster
WEZ58 - Slavic cluster
WEZ77 - Slavic cluster
WEZ63 - Slavic cluster
WEZ61 - Slavic cluster
WEZ56 - Baltic cluster

WEZ57 - Med cluster
WEZ54 - Med cluster

WEZ35 - Germanic cluster
WEZ59 - Germanic cluster
WEZ71 - Germanic cluster
WEZ51 - Germanic cluster
WEZ74 - Germanic cluster
WEZ39 - Germanic cluster
WEZ48 - Germanic cluster
WEZ83 - Germanic cluster
WEZ53 - Germanic cluster
WEZ24 - Germanic cluster

Nordics lost more men apparently.

They didn't They lost more men.

just a civil war inside the Finnolian Khanate, nothing really to write home about

We'd need to analyze all 4000 fallen to know who lost more men and even that wouldn't tell us who won since you can win despite suffering higher losses.

>10 Germanic losses vs 8 Balto-Slavic losses
Barely any difference, and that isn't even taking into account Also, is there any indication as to what the roles of the Mediterranean individuals were?

>Also, is there any indication as to what the roles of the Mediterranean individuals were?
Either mercenaries or some neolithic locals. Don't know yet.

But is there any indication as to which "side" they were on?

actually in the ongoing eupedia thread someone mentioned sea peoples

This PCA is based on some Eurogenes shit.

They had more WHG admixture than Lithuanians who have more than Slavs.

Eupedia idiots have no clue then like always

Sea Peoples would've clustered with Mycenaean Greeks and not with Basques, as the genetically westernmost warrior.

They're still very different from modern populations and these Slavic/Germanic clusters are misinterpreted by some Polack spamming it on all forums.

I reckon the "Slavs" were pre-Prussian Balto-Slavs from Prussia which is close enough to Tollense.
That would explain their extremely high HG admixture as well as shared genetic drift with Balto-Slavs.

Can someone please explain how this is related to the article provided by OP?

You're like a baby.

eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/10/tollense-valley-bronze-age-battle.html

eupedia.com/forum/threads/34751-More-on-the-Tollensee-Valley-battle-site-inc-genetics

Are you Tomenable or do you just so happen to use his images and copy what he says?

I copied your mum's asshole yesterday, hun. The whole haplogroup shitfest from /int/ is basically newfags copying works of someone else and pretending to be experts. lmao

No need to get defensive, it was just a question. I've noticed there is a particular poster on here that seems to parrot everything that Tomenable says

they were strong blAck warriorz beating the shit out of wh*Toid subhuman shitmanics

brothAz probably took some tight tanned blonde germanic pussy

All Poles read racial science forums obsessively to find some ammunition against Germans and "proof" of their mighty past.

t. finnic kang

That guy loves Slavs

>clusters are misinterpreted by some Polack spamming it on all forums.
Sorry honey, but you're wrong.

Check the original paper before you sperg out.
publications.ub.uni-mainz.de/theses/volltexte/2017/100001279/pdf/100001279.pdf

This board has some serious obsession about Polacks. It's not healthy for you in the long run.

You fucking retarded you don't understand how read or even interpret data, look at their distance in gedmatch all of them have it +10, or better yet look at k36 correlation it's very low, most of them have 0.5, 0.6 similarity at most, while for living persons today it's about 0.9 all of them have more HG ancestry than other living population.

>We wuz Slavs 1200BC ayo hol up

>people from the past are different than those from modern era
whoa, so this is the power of finnic autism

First of all I'm not Finnish or Finnic, second get aids you Polish autist with your we-wuzery.

It's obviously a different person

i don't see any we-wuzzing ITT, you obnoxious cunt. it should be obvious that those people wouldn't be aliens, but people related to central and northern europe.

i don't see anyone claiming they were slavic-speakers, just that they cluster with germanics and slavs. whoa, so fucking what.

You just parrot what that Pan-Slavic retard Tommenable posts on forums and misinterprets data. Continue acting retarded without saying why people shit on you here. He's shitposting about his Slavic clusters and Slavs in 1200BC even when other Poles tell him Slavs or Germanics for that matter weren't even a thing back then.

>Turns out that Tollense battle was actually a battle between proto-Germanics and Proto-"Slavs"

In the fucking OP

More accurately it was a battle between native Germanics and eastern European invaders mostly related to Poles and Balts

everyone has an agenda if you haven't noticed.

Every fucking time I make a thread it evolves into a shitfesy fuckery made by the same fucking autists that get hurt by news.

If you don't fucking like it then change your hobby, you shit-stained fags.

>More accurately it was a battle between native Germanics and eastern European invaders mostly related to Poles and Balts

Another fucking retard.

I think everyone needs to take a chill pill ;^)

Tollense is in the proto-Germanic homeland.

>1200 BC
>Germanics

>"Native" Germanics

Ah yes, the native Germanics who landed out of cosmos in 10000BC and didn't come with the the earlier steppe cultures.

Proto-Germanic itself is only 500BC, Germanics weren't a thing in 1200BC.

Tollense natives spoke pre-proto-Germanic and were the direct ancestors of proto-Germanics.

We have no idea what those eastern European invaders spoke.

>Proto-Germanic itself is only 500BC
No, Proto-Germanic was *still* spoken in 500BC. That doesn't mean it wasn't spoken until 500BC.

Based retardbro.

>Proto-Germanic is generally agreed to have begun about 500 BC.

You keep using word natives but I don't think you understand what it means. Also you seem fixated on the idea that only one dialect was present and no other dialects/languages went extinct.

I wonder if these dead proto-Slavs and proto-Germanics ever thought that in the future distant descendants of their tribes would form mor sophisticated nations and still argue about the result of their local skirmish on a public discussion forum with funny pictures.

>Eternal G*rm was attacking peaceful Slavs even during Bronze Age
Thank you Stalin for finally ending the G*rmanic threat.

>implying those Proto-people weren't debating to death about their ancestors just like retards ITT

>2543
>Germanic and Slav wage battle around Jupiter's moons

Native here means that they were from the area where the battle took place(except some individuals) while the invaders were not.

Do you have a problem with that?

>Proto-Germanic is generally agreed to have begun about 500 BC.
Sorry, you're right. I quickly looked over the Proto-Germanic wiki page and read
>Proto-Germanic itself was likely spoken after c. 500 BC
which is poorly worded in my opinion and led to my incorrect interpretation.

Med where?

There were no Meds involved. Just local people who dodged the IE steppe admixture enough that they clustered with French and Basque.

Wez54 clustered with Iberians

As he should.

>Anglos are not Germanic
*saved*

Kek

South_East is inside it

North East Anglos, North West Anglos, and South West Anglos aren't

Nope. Given that WEZ* samples make up the vertices of the red border, it's obvious that said border is based on the "Germanic" cluster of WEZ* samples, and not the creator's definition of Germanic.

>Poles, Russians, Czechs and Belarusians aren't Slavic

Kek

That's a really idiotic interpretation, user.

>Slavs existing in the Bronze age
You're a literal retard

Russians aren't, they're more Uralic than Slavic. Even nazi racial scientists noticed this.

I thought Slavs originated with the Varingians right?

99% of Uralic folks in Russia biologically originate in the Fatyanovo-Balanovo Corded Ware for the most part which is why they look more like white people than Samoyeds.

here comes the brainlet brigade(BB)

This.
>WE WUZ KANGS
>GERMANS ARE EVIL AND THE ETERNAL ENEMY OF SLAVS
>MUH HIDDEN HISTORY
>MUH PERSECUTION COMPLEX POLAND IS ALWAYS THE VICTIM KURWA

t. Jacek Bydloworski

not an argument.

Yes it is.

>Urnfield culture
>Slavic

My ancestors :)

Why do you argue?

Just a friendly reminder: AT THE TIME BOTH SLAVIC AND GERMANIC PEOPLE WERE NEARLY 100% NORDID ARYANS

>The Germans. If nothing else they're consistent.

Autism

Scooby?

>hurr durr we are all teh same!!!!!1 y ARGU????1

American?

My homeland :)

There are two/three Finnish haploautists

The Finnish R1aryan
The Finnish AMWF

DAMN, KOPERNIK LOOKED LIKE *THAT* ?

Just a daily reminder that Lusatian culture wasn't Germanic, their people were genetically like Slavs and Balts. Another reminder that Corded Ware were satem-speakers. So please keep your wishful thinking and wewuzzery at bay.

>circa 1250 BC
At the same time as the Sea People chimpout, the Trojan War, the collapse of Bronze Age civilisations... What else? It seems to be an interesting century.

Is the R1autist actually Kang, or is he a completely different person that gets called Kang anyway?

How many times do I have to tell you? I don't support racial mixing.

I just don't see any reason why Finns N1c ancestors would have been white at the moment. They must have been fairly decent warriors though.

If my memory serves me right, he claimed to be R1a on /int/

>More accurately it was a battle between native Germanics and eastern European invaders
Nope, it was proto-Germanics from Scandinavia invading Veneto(Slavo)-Celtic continental Europe

Any proof of that?
Tollense was in the sphere of the Nordic Bronze Age.

Actually it's on the border between NBE and Lusatian as you can see on the OP's map. The battle was most likely the result of the first expansion of Germanics from their homeland located in Southern Scandinavia to the mainland Europe.

Don't you mean the 40 billion?

>How many times do I have to tell you?
I'm not the Polish guy

>I just don't see any reason why Finns N1c ancestors would have been white
That's fair enough

And the proof is where?

Nordic Bronze Age in Northern Germany was closely linked to the Scandinavians anyway.

Scandinavians probably played a secondary role in it all as they always tend to do.

>Scandinavians probably played a secondary role in it all as they always tend to do.
And the proof is where?

Everyone who posts on /int/ should be banned on Veeky Forums

You're just mad that everyone accepts the 55 quadrillion figure.

I don't know your shitty /int/ memes and I don't care about them

Proofs of what, invasion? There would be no battle if there was no invasion. I admit that there's no definitive proof who invaded, maybe it was Lusatians trying to expand into NBS territory, but the expansion of Germanics southwards is more logical IMO.

Look sweetie, everyone knows about the 90 Unnonagintillion. Just calm down and let the adults do the talking,.

>taking Finntard seriously
They have PhD in autism, there is no point in arguing.

>i-if I bring up some forum autist I stalked it's lie your position is invalid!

Why do mouthbreathers think this woks?

But he actually makes good contributions.

The other Balto-Slavic LARPer on the other hand is obviously retarded, though.

>But he actually makes good contributions.
Such as? Getting butthurt about one sample When
is still here?

He acts like hot shit, but his knowledge is nowhere near Davidski's level, heck even Tomenable.

Seems that Slavo-Germanic conflict is much older than we thought

>another Polack brainlet in the thread