Serious

If atomic swaps are being implemented and they're being successful (today, SatoshiLite tweeted of about a successful BTC/LTC swap), doesn't that make Ark useless?

I mean, to be honest, what attracted me to Ark was the fact that you can exchange to any coin by just owning Ark.

Thoughts appreciated.

ark hasn't even rolled out its distributed exchange YET
you're thinking of ACES which is merely a server acting as a node between ARK payments and ETH smart contracts

roadmap next stop: fee reductions, mobile wallets, then simple deployable blockchains, then virtual machine (distributed smart contracts execution)
get on board, there's plenty of room on the ark

Bancor is going to get in the way. They will have open trading between any two ethereum based coins. The tech is up on github and it is in the process of rolling out now.

This will open trading up between hundreds of coins, swapping is going to change the way we use crypto.

SatoshiLite actually tweeted about Decred doing this, hence the huge spike with it.

Smartbridge was the main selling point for Ark, and ACES was dubbed as (FIRST ITERATION OF SMARTBRIDGE (USECASE). (ENCODED LISTENER) on the roadmap.

Aces is such a useless addition, as you're just swapping Ark to ETH and paying a fee.

This, in my opinion, makes smartbrige pointless as the way I see it, because it's making me feel like they're just building an exchange which is centralized by the Ark team.

>then simple deployable blockchains, then virtual machine (distributed smart contracts execution)

So they're basically trying to be Ethereum?

I don't think the other projects will give up that easily. We have and many more that will be in competition.

Bump.

Have an actually discussion instead of stupid pink wojaks and deluded lambo talk for once. 98% of this board seems braindead when it comes to crypto technology.

atomic swaps means no middlemen and no (((them))).
Adding more BTC/XMR/LTC to my stack.

it was hyped way too much
>So they're basically trying to be Ethereum?
more than that, counting on user friendliness, better and more energy-efficient system of consensus (51 nodes total), governance through dpos, IPFS and IPDB, ability to deploy custom blockchains for private use with their own tokens etc

check out their github, it's happening

what I thought, that why I sold ark at a profit and didn't re-enter

wtf is atomic swaps

This desu.

Ark is useless and the first smartbridge implementation was a joke.

holy fuck you dumb retards

Ark was never intended to be "lol you can just swap coins bro"

It's intended for "I want to use a smart contract on ethereum, use storage of sia and use processing power of golem, but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying 3 coins when i can just buy 1 and get all things." That + "I want my own blockchain that can interact with other blockchains". Also it will have its own smart contracts.

DUMB FUCKING RETARDS. READ BEFORE YOU LISTEN TO MEME YOUTUBERS AND RETARDED REDDITORS.

Lol. If that's really Ark's whole shtick then anyone holding Ark is fucking retarded

ACES is an EXAMPLE of the use of smartbridge/encoded listeners. It's a PROOF OF CONCEPT.

Your complaint is like pointing at a chat client and going "WTF that's all you can do with the internet??"

One word, Elix. Not fucking kidding, not fucking shilling. Im so sick and tired of dropping coin names that will make people a fortune only to be called pajeet, shill, etc. Fuck you faggots. Just use your god damned fucking brain, the thing between your eyes, do the fucking math, the shit your teacher tried to drill into your retarded skulls.

isnt this the whole point of bancor too?

You're truly retarded if you think anyone would need that. This makes the Ark ecosystem a centralized exchange.

Also, why would ANYONE SANE ENOUGH use anything other than ETH for smart contracts?

no, anyone not holding ark is fucking retarded.

>allows to make use of all the other shitcoins
>allows businesses to have private blockchains and b2b communication

>centralized exchange

ark isn't a centralized exchange dipshit, it's a protocol. It's like calling tcp/ip a centralized exchange. You can build a decentralized exchange on top of ark.
>Also, why would ANYONE SANE ENOUGH use anything other than ETH for smart contracts?
1. Because you got ark already
2. Because ark lets you do more than just using the ethereum network
3. Because ark is PoS
4. Because ark is faster than ETH
5. Because ark is and will be less bloated than ETH
6. Because Ark will have ArkVM so you don't even need eth to run a dapp

How the fuck is atomic swap not literally just printing money?

Jeez, I wonder how many coins tried to be a better bitcoin in the early days and failed miserably.

This is the same shit here. Ark is trying to be a better Ethereum, and anyone who thinks it'll succeed at doing so is deluded. Everything you mentioned is available with Ethereum in a better way, and there's a reason why Ethereum is sitting at close to 30 billion market cap while Ark is at 300 million.

Unless this shit is being developed by the people who write the transaction code for ATMs, I wouldn't trust it.

....How is it like printing money? Swapping one of your thing for several of someone elses thing?

yes, that reason is 3+ years dev time while ark sits at ~1 year. As more businesses move into the blockchain space you will eat your words, as a monoloithic blockchain like the ethereum network won't be able to handle all the applications.

Wether ark will surpass eth is debatable (and too early to tell imo), but calling it useless is just idiotic fud, considering what shitcoins are above it in marketcap, with nothing to show for them.

Yup LTC and BTC will be the last ones standing

Swaps on the blockchain, so no need to use an exchange in the future when you want to buy LTC using BTC.